• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

Never in doubt. The only player I can see leave is eriksen to Barca but he is not at that level currently.

Lovren just signed a new contract with Liverpool thought to be worth around 100k a week. In that market we're definitely getting a good deal.

Are Liverpool actually becoming West Ham of the norf?

Over pay dross in a desperate attempt to patch things up.

So we're allowed to take the Daily Mail articles as truthful if it relates to one of our players signing a new contract, anything else and they're talking nonsense?

Talks that he has rejected a new contract. Yes before @parklane1 says anything I know it's only paper talk :) but I haven't seen any pics of Poch with his arm around his shoulder whilst Toby is signing the contract. It would be a big faux pas if we start losing players because of money. If the club offer players more than generation compensation compared to their peers and they turn it down or they simply want to play for a more high profile club and we have done everything we can to keep them happy then you can't really fault the club but if it's purely a money issue then I think we need to adjust the wage structure for the top players.

He's still got 3 years (excluding extensions left on his current deal). That's more than Verts and Dembele, and the same as Eriksen, Son and Lamela

So he's just next in line, rather than a particular rebel. After his bad experience in Spain, I can't imagine he's keen to move anywhere.

Also remember Verts rejected contracts several summers over before finally extending. It's just business negotiations.

Like with Walker, it's just the media probing any sign of a chink to try and disrupt us at this crucial stage of the season.

He's still got 3 years (excluding extensions left on his current deal). That's more than Verts and Dembele, and the same as Eriksen, Son and Lamela

So he's just next in line, rather than a particular rebel. After his bad experience in Spain, I can't imagine he's keen to move anywhere.

Also remember Verts rejected contracts several summers over before finally extending. It's just business negotiations.

Like with Walker, it's just the media probing any sign of a chink to try and disrupt us at this crucial stage of the season.

I think the Toby thing is a PR back and forth that will ultimately end up with him signing, like Eriksen. I think Walker is gone though. There's more to that than simple speculation.

Does Toby really have 3 years before any extensions ? I thought it was two. Either way, if he has a cheap release clause as an extension, we may as well assume we'll lose him if we have to activate it.

Toby is actually in a tricky position. The club are in a position of strength on this one (do you expect anything else from Levy).

He has two more seasons on his contract. We then have the right to extend it by another season but when we exercise that right there is a clause that allows Toby to leave for £25M if we receive a bid.

Obviously that is to protect US losing him on the cheap even in the final year of his contract.

Toby wants more money (deserves it) BUT i think the sticking point is he wants a release clause that means he can go anytime.

So the club are thinking.... Toby is 28......we can keep him until 30 and another year until 31 if we want. We can lose him after 2 more seasons for £25M. That is a good stretch of time and in the meantime Keane/Maguire may join and CCV is coming along and we're paying Toby £55,000 a week.

I can see how we're happy with the current arrangement. Admittedly holding someone to their contract (y'know the one they signed and were happy with) can create apathy with the player so its best to negotiate BUT as i say i think we'd be quite happy with the current deal to run?

Last edited:
Toby is actually in a tricky position. The club are in a position of strength on this one (do you expect anything else from Levy).

He has two more seasons on his contract. We then have the right to extend it by another season but when we exercise that right there is a clause that allows Toby to leave for £25M if we receive a bid.

Obviously that is to protect US losing him on the cheap even in the final year of his contract.

Toby wants more money (deserves it) BUT i think the sticking point is he wants a release clause that means he can go anytime.

So the club are thinking.... Toby is 28......we can keep him until 30 and another year until 31 if we want. We can lose him after 2 more seasons for £25M. That is a good stretch of time and in the meantime Keane/Maguire may join and CCV is coming along and we're paying Toby £55,000 a week.

I can see how we're happy with the current arrangement. Admittedly holding someone to their contract (y'know the one they signed and were happy with) can create apathy with the player so its best to negotiate BUT as i say i think we'd be quite happy with the current deal to run?
Has he got an option to buy out his contract?

People are speculating about Walker's future and whilst none of us want to lose him, he's not the most irreplaceable player in the squad. Toby on the other hand is IMO. We can't afford to lose him.

Back