• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

Could someone rework "Abie my boy" ? A good yid pedigree it seems

I became aware of it as the Ox & Bucks sang it in their glider as they crossed the channel on D Day - strictly speaking it was D-1.

- a charming rendition​

90 minutes (I know, I know) claiming he's rejected an improved contract. He's one I really wouldn't want to see leave

Eh. If we're forced to sell due to him signing a new contract, it will not be to a domestic rival. It'll hurt us badly, but it won't help anyone else here - that's acceptable.

I can see it from his perspective - he's entering his prime, and he's probably worth a 150-200k contract at one of the megaclubs that would see him through to the end of his career. That release clause Di Marzio's chatting absolute brick about has been debunked before - it does exist, but it can only be activated in very limited circumstances (if we choose to take up the one year option on Alderweireld's existing deal in 2019, I believe - this comes from Krisztof Terreur, who has been 100% accurate about our Belgian contingent and the Prem's Belgian players more broadly over the past couple of years). However, that doesn't preclude the possibility of us selling him this summer or in 2018 if he doesn't sign a new deal.

It will hurt whenever it happens, no two ways about it. Probably a lot, because he's the reason our defense is the way it is - not Poch, not Dier or Verts, not Lloris, not the full backs, not the Dembele-Wanyama screen ahead of them, him and him alone. That's just an established fact at this point. But we're not going to go through this entire 2017-2022 period without losing some of our established players, so it wouldn't be overly shocking either.

Felt for Toby yesterday. He was clearly emotional in that minutes applause for Ugo, and then giving away the free kick that Willian scored from..... However, after that I thought he had a great game.
Felt he was certain to get sent off after the early card, but I don't think he even conceded another foul.
One foul and a card, compare that to Alonso, Kante or luiz, ridiculously refereeing

Felt for Toby yesterday. He was clearly emotional in that minutes applause for Ugo, and then giving away the free kick that Willian scored from..... However, after that I thought he had a great game.

I am not sure if that was the reason but ( imo) he was not at his best yesterday, he seemed to struggle with the long ball Chelski used on occasion. However it did not help that Jan was dragged out of posistion to fill the gap Son kept leaving at LB.

Back