• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

Is there a more important player for us? With Toby playingthe team is elevated. He's not an in your face player, but its the many small things he does that takes the team to a different level when he plays.

From his psychology, determination, galvanising the defence, passion for clean sheets, sneaky play, immense technical quality, passing, reading of the game, ability to score...for me with this youngish team Toby is very important.

I am not sure about that haircut, though ...

I love Alderweireld too, but it is important to add that the entire back 5 have been brilliant. I think any of Toby, Vertonghen, Rose and Walker could walk into any team in their respective positions.
Surely the best back five in Britain right now? There cannot be too many better in the whole of Europe either.

In fact probably the best back five in the whole wide world, why not? :D:D:D

Quotes from Poch last night saying that today (i.e. Yesterday) he was feeling a bit better but he had previously been vomiting etc

Alderweireld-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqtkFNGfLQhkpVPeNfby9bQTh1vEC8FuQ0ky4uzv0aAMQ.jpg

This has probably already been posted but I was too lazy to trawl through the thread. For those who haven't already seen it, some interesting comments about Toby.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ng-face-of-scouting-signing-toby-alderweireld

There are also insights into signing of Son earlier in the series:
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ng-rob-mackenzie8217s-full-series-of-articles

"Quite remarkably, in each of Alderweireld's seven full seasons as a professional, he has always played in a team that has had either the best defensive record (five times) or the second best defensive record (twice) in the league. On the two occasions that he played in the league's second best defence (Ajax in 2011/12 and Southampton in 2014/15), the number of goals that they conceded was only one more than the best defence."

"This was a trend that continued after he signed for Tottenham as they posted the joint best defensive record in the Premier League last season and they currently have the best defensive record in the league this season too."

"Quite remarkably, in each of Alderweireld's seven full seasons as a professional, he has always played in a team that has had either the best defensive record (five times) or the second best defensive record (twice) in the league. On the two occasions that he played in the league's second best defence (Ajax in 2011/12 and Southampton in 2014/15), the number of goals that they conceded was only one more than the best defence."

"This was a trend that continued after he signed for Tottenham as they posted the joint best defensive record in the Premier League last season and they currently have the best defensive record in the league this season too."

Wow.

Back