• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

I’ve read that the reason JJetset is so trusted by the gullible faithful on SC is that he is Donna Cullen’s brother. Which may just make it worth passing on what he says about Toby: he may well stay, but he won’t get another contract. That would give us a year to worry about CBs and to see how Japhet, Davinson and Juan progress, and protects us from committing absurd cash to a player who is slowing down worryingly, so not too bad all round.

I’ve read that the reason JJetset is so trusted by the gullible faithful on SC is that he is Donna Cullen’s brother. Which may just make it worth passing on what he says about Toby: he may well stay, but he won’t get another contract. That would give us a year to worry about CBs and to see how Japhet, Davinson and Juan progress, and protects us from committing absurd cash to a player who is slowing down worryingly, so not too bad all round.

I’ll do some digging locally then as Donna lives near me and we have some mutual friends (I don’t know her)

However, as noted by Calciomercato, via the paper edition of Il Messaggero, it’s claimed that Alderweireld has agreed on personal terms with Roma with a three-year contract worth €3.5m-a-season said to be on the table.

While that is one major obstacle to overcome in a potential transfer, it’s important to note that there is still no agreement between the two clubs on a fee, with Roma looking to pay around €20m, while Tottenham want closer to €28m.

It remains to be seen if the two parties can reach a compromise or not, but with the transfer deadline fast approaching for English clubs on Thursday, time will tell if that leaves Spurs with enough time to find a replacement if they intend of bringing someone in to fill that void.

In an ideal world given that they’re on the eve of the new campaign, Mauricio Pochettino could surely do without losing a key figure like Alderweireld, but with just 12 months remaining on his current contract, something will have to give either on an exit or a renewal.

Can only assume theyve offered a better package to him. Longer contract maybe?

Ive always felt Serie A is good for older players as well, kind of hoped Dembele would go there instead of China. Something about the game/climate etc gives them longevity

I dont care if he can leave on a free at the end of next season. We got him for a good fee. We need him this season. We should deny any offers and let him go next season. Sanchez is going to need to step up this season and Take over next to Jan.

I think that’s how the club see it
The only ones who think he is being sold seem to be out fans

I dont care if he can leave on a free at the end of next season. We got him for a good fee. We need him this season. We should deny any offers and let him go next season. Sanchez is going to need to step up this season and Take over next to Jan.

There is zero benefit to letting him leave know.

We need Foyth at rb/currently injured
Dier injured
Davies injured/need at lb
Leaves Sanchez/Jan/youth teamers

Sanchez already did that two seasons ago - he's plenty capable

We wouldnt have enough CBs if we sold TOby, so would have to pick one up in the remaining 5 days of the window.

We'd have Jan and Sanchez, but then Foyth might well be needed at RB (when back fit) and Dier is a much better DM than he is a CB. Davies will likely be needed a lot at Lb, particularly if we sell Rose and sign Sessegnon.

We'd already be going into the season crossing our fingers with our full backs; cant afford to do so at CB as well!

Ben Davies is being primed to work as back-up left sided CB as well as LB IMO...he just signed a new deal so...
n.b. I know Toby is on the right, but we have Davo and Dier, plus Foyth if he isn’t fudged for the season.
Personally, I’d move him on if we can.

Ben Davies is being primed to work as back-up left sided CB as well as LB IMO...he just signed a new deal so...
n.b. I know Toby is on the right, but we have Davo and Dier, plus Foyth if he isn’t fudged for the season.
Personally, I’d move him on if we can.

Players can only play one position at a time. Davies cant play at CB if he's also needed at LB due to Rose being sold. Foyth can't play CB if he's also playing RB.

Very simplistically, you need 8 players for the back 4 positions: KWP, Aurier, Foyth, Toby, jan, Sanchez, Davies, Sessegnon.

That's already an inexperienced group given KWP, Foyth, Sessegnon in particular, plus Aurier isnt exactly reliable. I dont see how we can let Toby go without replacing him - Dier's a pretty average CB and isnt close to Toby's level

Players can only play one position at a time. Davies cant play at CB if he's also needed at LB due to Rose being sold. Foyth can't play CB if he's also playing RB.

Very simplistically, you need 8 players for the back 4 positions: KWP, Aurier, Foyth, Toby, jan, Sanchez, Davies, Sessegnon.

That's already an inexperienced group given KWP, Foyth, Sessegnon in particular, plus Aurier isnt exactly reliable. I dont see how we can let Toby go without replacing him - Dier's a pretty average CB and isnt close to Toby's level

Toby then or now? I think that he's on the slide and now might be the time to sell.

Tanganga has had a good pre-season. So, even if we didn't buy, it would give us Vertonghen, Sanchez, Foyth, Dier, Tanganga and Davies for two/three slots.

We wouldnt have enough CBs if we sold TOby, so would have to pick one up in the remaining 5 days of the window.

We'd have Jan and Sanchez, but then Foyth might well be needed at RB (when back fit) and Dier is a much better DM than he is a CB. Davies will likely be needed a lot at Lb, particularly if we sell Rose and sign Sessegnon.

We'd already be going into the season crossing our fingers with our full backs; cant afford to do so at CB as well!

And at striker for the umpteenth season in a row. Madness that we don’t learn.

And at striker for the umpteenth season in a row. Madness that we don’t learn.
The striker situation is fine, as it was last season, I’d like Llorente to sign again personally but ok with Parrott taking his minutes. 2 of Kane, Son and Moura will play most games, the rest are there in case of injury crisis.

The striker situation is fine, as it was last season, I’d like Llorente to sign again personally but ok with Parrott taking his minutes. 2 of Kane, Son and Moura will play most games, the rest are there in case of injury crisis.

We got lucky with Llorente managing a few decent moments last season. The guys movement shows a player whose pretty much finished at the top level. We can’t have a player only suited to the bottom of our league as back up.

And Parrots only potential at the moment. We need someone who can be relied upon to do the job otherwise we’ll suffer when Kane gets injured.

Sell Toby and get a first choice RB? Verts, Sanchez, Foyth and Dier can play CB with Davies and Tanganga able to jump in at times.

We got lucky with Llorente managing a few decent moments last season. The guys movement shows a player whose pretty much finished at the top level. We can’t have a player only suited to the bottom of our league as back up.

And Parrots only potential at the moment. We need someone who can be relied upon to do the job otherwise we’ll suffer when Kane gets injured.

Moura and Son are more than good enough. We'd struggle to find a better striker who was happy to sit on the bench.

Back