• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

Yeah perhaps your right on this, if Eriksen really did want that move to Madrid he could have made a strong rather than a so so impact for us to enable that.

Or perhaps that was his intention but he exerted to much pressure on himself which didn’t help his cause in the way he wanted.

Who knows, bottom line I think it would be great if Toby stayed and signed.

Toby is staying, im 100% certain of that
He also INO won’t sign a deal and will leave on a free at the end of 6 great years

We really would have got 2 years out of him as we were having the same conversation about getting rid last summer as all of us thought the 25m clause was a dead cert for him leaving this season

Toby has f.cked up a bit as he's chucked away some good earning years by holding out and if he wants to go on a free next year it will be another year in the 60/65 k pw. And a free to Ajax might get him 5m signing on and I doubt anymore than 50k a week.

He should have signed up seasons ago he'd have raked in 130-160 a week for the last 3 seasons

He might go to Ajax via a year or two in China. He’ll be set for life if he does that.

Mind you, he’s probably set for life anyhow.

Toby is staying, im 400% certain of that
He also INO won’t sign a deal and will leave on a free at the end of 6 great years
It's a massive risk now for him not to sign a new contract this season imho. He loses out on more money and being the wrong side of 30, if he suffers a serious injury that takes him a long time to recover from, it is likely to be curtains for his career and future earning potential.

Also, it appears that top teams are not falling over themselves to sign him at a relatively value for money fee.

Of course his agent could have his eye on a move to China with a massive signing on fee. Otherwise I expect him to sign a new contract of he is still with us at the end of the window.

It's a massive risk now for him not to sign a new contract this season imho. He loses out on more money and being the wrong side of 30, if he suffers a serious injury that takes him a long time to recover from, it is likely to be curtains for his career and future earning potential.

Also, it appears that top teams are not falling over themselves to sign him at a relatively value for money fee.

Of course his agent could have his eye on a move to China with a massive signing on fee. Otherwise I expect him to sign a new contract of he is still with us at the end of the window.
Players get insured for big injuries against future earnings

I'd imagine that would be relatable to whatever contract he is signed up to at the time - less than a year left on a 60k pw contract means less of a payout than on a 3 year 100k + contract

I'd imagine that would be relatable to whatever contract he is signed up to at the time - less than a year left on a 60k pw contract means less of a payout than on a 3 year 100k + contract

No
Callum had himself insured for loss of earnings based on his existing pay but not his contract duration
I believe it’s normal as players can get a career ending injury at any time
The club on the other hand may be only able to insure against contract value and length

As @billyiddo says, surely an insurance company will only insure against “known” future earnings such as income left from the remaining term of the contract. It would be pretty difficult to insure against indeterminable losses such as how much he might have earned from a different contract would it not? Anyway I’m certainly no expert, just know insurance companies are so loathe to pay anything out.

As @billyiddo says, surely an insurance company will only insure against “known” future earnings such as income left from the remaining term of the contract. It would be pretty difficult to insure against indeterminable losses such as how much he might have earned from a different contract would it not? Anyway I’m certainly no expert, just know insurance companies are so loathe to pay anything out.

I know Callum got paid out for another 5 years when he retired

And his contract had ended

It was all on the basis he would have had a certain number of years left in his career normally and they took a level of earnings

I know Callum got paid out for another 5 years when he retired

And his contract had ended

It was all on the basis he would have had a certain number of years left in his career normally and they took a level of earnings
Bet Calum was made up, all things considered - 5 years money in one go and NOT having to play for West Ham. Result! ;-)

Back