• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

I have no issue with keeping him this summer, and letting him go for £25m next year. Doesnt bother me.

A full season of a top class CB, and then £25m is worth more to me than getting £40-50m now and throwing that same money straight at a rookie in the hope he hits the ground running.

Definitely. But we also need a deal for De Ligt in place - like Liverpool's one in Keita - so we don't get screwed over next summer

I have no issue with keeping him this summer, and letting him go for £25m next year. Doesnt bother me.

A full season of a top class CB, and then £25m is worth more to me than getting £40-50m now and throwing that same money straight at a rookie in the hope he hits the ground running.
He’s a top class CB but are you going to get top class performances from him when it appears his head is already at Man U?(only going by speculation of course) We’d all like to think he’s the ultimate professional, but all too often it doesn’t pan out like that and we never see what impact this sort of thing has on the dressing room....

He’s a top class CB but are you going to get top class performances from him when it appears his head is already at Man U?(only going by speculation of course) We’d all like to think he’s the ultimate professional, but all too often it doesn’t pan out like that and we never see what impact this sort of thing has on the dressing room....

Modric's last season turned out fine. And he got a much better move out of it at the end (Madrid instead of Chelsea)

As GB says, Modric was fine. I think once the realisation sets in that youre here, and you dont get the move to Utd next season unless you perform, then a degree of effort comes through.

Modric's last season turned out fine. And he got a much better move out of it at the end (Madrid instead of Chelsea)
Of course, there will always examples of it working and those of it not. I’m just saying that is something Poch will know regarding his attitude and so if he is sold it could be because they have concerns about the level of his potential performances or how he is in the dressing room....

He will, IF Alderweireld really has gone bad/burned bridges etc.

But, right now, thats an IF.

All things being equal we should keep him, IMO. If we do sell him, Id be more inclined to believe the talk of him tinkling Poch off, and would have course back that.

He will, IF Alderweireld really has gone bad/burned bridges etc.

But, right now, thats an IF.

All things being equal we should keep him, IMO. If we do sell him, Id be more inclined to believe the talk of him tinkling Poch off, and would have course back that.
New contract or he will be gone. Toby is just a gun for hire.

Depends very much on Poch tbh. If he wants to keep Toby and use him like when things were rosy for one more season knowing full well he will go for 25 mill next summer then that would be great.

We'll see. I think, if he was professional, his experience could prove invaluable over this season - even if we were to lose him on the cheap next summer.

Id take that over selling him now, if it can be helped

Let's get real, it's over. Toby's head is well gone, that's been crystal clear from all his own recent quotes.

And as others have said, history tells us that once a player falls out with Poch, that's it. If he cannot be sold by the deadline chances are he will be loaned out until January and then he'll go to the highest bidder over £25m.

So one way or another we need to get ready to say goodbye, thanks for the memories and move on.

Let's get real, it's over. Toby's head is well gone, that's been crystal clear from all his own recent quotes.

And as others have said, history tells us that once a player falls out with Poch, that's it. If he cannot be sold by the deadline chances are he will be loaned out until January and then he'll go to the highest bidder over £25m.

So one way or another we need to get ready to say goodbye, thanks for the memories and move on.

I agree that he is gone in his head already and we should get ready for that. BUT. I think we should not sell him to where he wants to go and certainly not in the premier league. Id prefer we let him rot. Its not a financially sound choice
and probably wont happen. But players need to learn they have to stay and play if they sign a contract. he can stay another season on his low wage and then go next year when at 25m we will have buyers from all over Europe.

We'll see. I think, if he was professional, his experience could prove invaluable over this season - even if we were to lose him on the cheap next summer.

Id take that over selling him now, if it can be helped

The fact that Toby was basically benched in the league last season of his injury is proof that Poch will not have him this upcoming season, he is gone

Back