• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

As stated 5(?) weeks ago, there is actually nothing concrete to say he is going.

EVERYTHING has been a media led narrative.

Thats not to say he is absolutely staying, I appreciate anything can happen - but rather that all those so 400% sure he was leaving, actually, have no basis to believe so.
He's making it pretty clear he wants to go, this is not the statement of someone that wants to stay
"I have another two years contract. Tottenham decides about my future. I have my own idea. But that is not the case now."

He's making it pretty clear he wants to go, this is not the statement of someone that wants to stay
"I have another two years contract. Tottenham decides about my future. I have my own idea. But that is not the case now."
Also that quote ”I still have to talk with my agent, but at the moment I’m assuming that I ll start training with Spurs after my holidays.”

Doesn’t exactly scream he wants to be here. However Nayim is right, there’s noting concrete. But all the little things lean to him at the very least wanting to leave, wherever he gets his wish or not is another matter...

I thought he played very well in the world cup, looked commanding.

I always thought he looked good for us, particularly the extended run he had while Jan was out.

Cant deny though, he looked awful (and unfit) at Stoke. If I were to speculate Id suggest he didnt want to go there.

I drove through Stoke once, if thats anything to go by I dont blame him!

(Also, one time, I was at a Service station surrounded by Stoke and Villa fans, that was, um, interesting...)

Im not saying he doesnt want to go, or wont. Only that there is nothing to suggest he is, while others are crying into their cornflakes like its a foregone conclusion.

It is often the case that comments like this are also used to further contract negotiations, for example. Nothing conclusive at all, IMHO.

This, however, seems a bit more "come and get me"
TOBY SLAMS UNJUST OMMISION

Toby Alderweireld insists his prolonged spell out of Tottenham'sfirst-team last season was "unjustified" and admits he still unsure about his future.

The 29-year-old believes his solid form in Russia proves he is back to best after a frustrating spell with his club.

"I was very focused on this tournament," he said. "I wanted to prove something to me, show that the period before the tournament in which I, for whatever reason, did not play, it was unjustified.

"I wanted to show that I'm still Toby, same as in November."

He was brick after November, and his form at the WC was well above what he showed for us in the back half of the season. I have no doubt about that. Just as, its likely, our easing him back to fitness went a long way to enabling him to play like that now.

And even then, its just noise - maybe intent - nothing certain.

You get injured others play ,you are not automatically back in the team when you are fit.Dropping Sanchez when he was playing well would have been unjustified.The truth is we were able to have a successful season without him .Yes we would be stronger if he stays but he won't be automatic selection.

Some itk posted on Spurs community this morning -

ali z on toby (not) staying: No chance more to it than money, Poch is right on this from what I hear and I suspect if you knew the reasons behind it most of you would very quickly turn against him, not trying to tease but can't reveal what I do know as it would be clear where it came from. No firm bid yet but hopefully and say that whilst ruing the fact he is so good.

Here's my Toby ITK

ITK Zzzzz on Toby (not) staying: No chance, more to it than money. Poch is right on this and from all the reasons I can make up and fanatise about most of you would very quickly get me sectioned. I'm really trying to tease but not doing it very well and of course I can't reveal what I do know, as I know nothing, and it would be clear that this is all flimflam. No firm bid yet but hopefully, and I say that whilst ruing the fact he is so good.

Here's my Toby ITK

ITK Zzzzz on Toby (not) staying: No chance, more to it than money. Poch is right on this and from all the reasons I can make up and fanatise about most of you would very quickly get me sectioned. I'm really trying to tease but not doing it very well and of course I can't reveal what I do know, as I know nothing, and it would be clear that this is all flimflam. No firm bid yet but hopefully, and I say that whilst ruing the fact he is so good.
Thanks for the solidly nebulous information. Having a speculative insider gives us the vital rumours we need to quickly concoct a reflex-based reaction to a situation we know fcuk all AND fcuk nothing about.

Here's my Toby ITK

Are you the goat? bleating again.

where would that leave us with Toby?

Where we are now: everything well aligned for him to sign a new deal and for us to have a world class back line for the next few years, as long as the club's management, and Poch in particular, are prepared to accept an apology and move on. There don't appear to be many grounds for optimism on this front.

Where we are now: everything well aligned for him to sign a new deal and for us to have a world class back line for the next few years, as long as the club's management, and Poch in particular, are prepared to accept an apology and move on. There don't appear to be many grounds for optimism on this front.

Are you having a laugh? Why exactly has Toby got to apologize for? We offered him a contract which he has not accepted. Where is the crime?

Are you having a laugh? Why exactly has Toby got to apologize for? We offered him a contract which he has not accepted. Where is the crime?

As I understand it, TA said he would sign a contract on certain terms, which MP then commended to DL. At the last moment, TA rejected the offer and held out his bowl for double the quantity of gruel. The crime wasn't so much the greed as the perceived disrespect, as the whole incident made MP look silly, which you can't do to a man who takes himself so very seriously. Toby's advisor in all this was, IIRC, his dad, making a repudiation and new management unlikely.

And - again, as I understand it - TA is now making noises to the effect that the originally mooted deal might be acceptable after all. This is all hearsay, of course, spread by braggarts and fantasists of various stripes, so I don't claim that any of it is accurate.

Back