• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

They will pay the extra 10 mill rather than sell martial to us.Although it sucks we will at least have the money to pursue other targets,Just refusing to sell to man u now is counter productive unless someone else comes in for him.They will get him next year anyway for 25mill.We are over a barrel with this one.

I don't think he's worth £25m now, the way he's been playing the last few months

Like Rose, his value is well down at the moment. He needs to do some talking on the pitch to bring his price back up to where it was 12 months ago.

I don't think he's worth £60m now, the way he's been playing the last few months

Like Rose, his value is well down at the moment. He needs to do some talking on the pitch to bring his price back up to where it was 12 months ago.
FIFY.

You know very well every club in the PL would bite Levy''s hands off for £25m. But I take you're point.

I don't think he's worth £25m now, the way he's been playing the last few months

Well he played well enough at the WC

Youre making the assumption Poch actually wants him now. Yes we originally wanted Marital three years ago but since then we have signed other AMs. Theres been nothing to suggest we are actually interested in him now beyond the usual and predicatable tentative links. Man Utd will likely get Toby if they pay the standard Levy tax....

Disagree. We'll be strengthening a rival if we sell Toby. For what? 40m that's not worth the almost guarantee that they'll be conceding fcuk all goals with him playing in a Jose side. City and Utd would finish above us for sure. Levy will know this. Selling Toby overseas is the answer unless he wants to accept 120k a week, Champions League and remain part of what's happening at Spurs.

Disagree. We'll be strengthening a rival if we sell Toby. For what? 40m that's not worth the almost guarantee that they'll be conceding fcuk all goals with him playing in a Jose side. City and Utd would finish above us for sure. Levy will know this. Selling Toby overseas is the answer unless he wants to accept 120k a week, Champions League and remain part of what's happening at Spurs.
If Toby doesn’t want to go overseas and wants to go Utd we have no choice. We sold Walker to a rival for a premium price, I don’t want it to happen and would much rather he went abroad but being in final year before his clause kicks in I think he is more in control of his destiny than we are if a very good offer comes in....

He did

I’m ok with moving him on though, better to sell a season early than a season late

Depends on where we see the most value.

A season of Alderweireld in defence + £25m, or £50-60m now? Im not sure its such an obvious choice.

I say that as someone not against selling him at all, but in the conversation of value - I dont think its clear cut.

£30m gets you a Sissoko these days so he's absolutely worth more than £25m in brick form by his standards.

I would pay him what he wants within reason (say £170k a week) rather than sell him and get another inexperienced, 19 year old who hasn't won anything in his career. One of the main reasons we always fall short in big games is a lack of experienced, streetwise pros.

People saying we should get rid cos he's 29. 29 is not old FFS!

He did

I’m ok with moving him on though, better to sell a season early than a season late

Who says it's a season late? He's still only 29.

Trippier is 27 so I guess we should expect him to be off within a couple of years of signing a new contract (assuming he gets a new one which he definitely should).

Spurs legend Dier breaks into the box and lifts if over Courtois.
Spurs legend Toby clears it off the line, top class.

£30m gets you a Sissoko these days so he's absolutely worth more than £25m in brick form by his standards.

You say that, but apart from us nobody else appears dumb enough to offer £25-30m for Sissoko. He has been linked to Fenerbahce but they only want him on loan at the moment because they are not ready to pay what ever sully amount Levy is demanding for him.

You say that, but apart from us nobody else appears dumb enough to offer £25-30m for Sissoko. He has been linked to Fenerbahce but they only want him on loan at the moment because they are not ready to pay what ever sully amount Levy is demanding for him.
Wimmer for £18M anyone?

As stated 5(?) weeks ago, there is actually nothing concrete to say he is going.

EVERYTHING has been a media led narrative.

Thats not to say he is absolutely staying, I appreciate anything can happen - but rather that all those so 100% sure he was leaving, actually, have no basis to believe so.

Back