• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

It would appear so.

Furthermore, if that is Toby speaking from the heart or thinking out loud perhaps Poch has had similar casual or formal conversations with him and has come to the conclusion, that although Toby is professional, that his heart may not be in it, especially to the levels Poch and in particular WE need now to go those last few steps.

Cynically maybe Toby is looking to secure that bumper pay day on a five year deal, where he may be good for a couple of seasons and then tail off as his desire to be with family etc increases.

And of course this wont happen on Pocch's watch.

I dont think so, Toby always looks very focused and concentrated when playing to me. Doesn't seem like someone who doesn't give his all in both training and on the pitch. Obviously anyone can have a bad game but that's different, he seems a very powerful dominating presence to me when he plays.

I dont think so, Toby always looks very focused and concentrated when playing to me. Doesn't seem like someone who doesn't give his all in both training and on the pitch. Obviously anyone can have a bad game but that's different, he seems a very powerful dominating presence to me when he plays.
I said he was professional, ie he knows he's got a job to do and in that moment he will always do his best. My point was (from his comments) that he may not be 'in love' with the game in a general sense, and that maybe a weakness from a managers perspective when your trying to drag a team up those last few steps.

I said he was professional, ie he knows he's got a job to do and in that moment he will always do his best. My point was (from his comments) that he may not be 'in love' with the game in a general sense, and that maybe a weakness from a managers perspective when your trying to drag a team up those last few steps.

S'what I was thinking too. I was watching that BBC Kane video earlier. Everyone saying how he was just obsessed with football, and would do everything he could to study and improve no matter the situation. I'm sure Toby has learned and has gotten better over the years, but there is a reason Kane has been made England captain. He has that elite mentality, that insatiable desire to win. Does Toby? I don't know - maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. But Kane seems to be able to block out anything that isn't football when required.

My mate and I were talking about his situation and we both wonder if he might not be part of a deal with Real Madrid should the new manager decide Bale is not part of his plans? We concluded they need him.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He flopped at Athletico though. It would be like us signing someone who really struggled for West Ham a couple of years ago.

Thanks to Poch

Well, there is always that point as well. How many players look anywhere near as good after leaving Poch for other sides?

I think Lallana has done well at Pool, though I think he was more influential at SCBC.

Lambert, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Clyne, Walker... The list is pretty extensive. For me most are a notch (or more!) below their Poch levels.

How would Alderweireld fare?

Well, there is always that point as well. How many players look anywhere near as good after leaving Poch for other sides?

I think Lallana has done well at Pool, though I think he was more influential at SCBC.

Lambert, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Clyne, Walker... The list is pretty extensive. For me most are a notch (or more!) below their Poch levels.

I've always said that as well. We probably over rate our players as we are not allowing for the Poch effect. The team as a collective is always strong and the individual elements always look brighter because of it.

A good indicator is how we always appear to cope when someone 'vital' is out injured. (or potentially looks like they want to f.ck off:))

He flopped at Athletico though. It would be like us signing someone who really struggled for West Ham a couple of years ago.
Flopped? Played 12 games from them as a 22 year old and even came on as a sub in the CL final. I'm not sure a 22 year old being used as first reserve for a team winning the Spanish league and reaching hte CL final can be categorised as flopping?

I don't think Walker has dropped from his level under Pochettino at all.

I don't think Walker has dropped from his level under Pochettino at all.
I dont think he has either - but I think Nayim is right as a general rule. He has made most players he has coached better players, current and past players constantly gush about him. Can you think of many who have gone on to be better or even as good as they were under Poch? Lallana and Walker have been as good, beyond that Im struggling....

Back