• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Karen Club....what do they do?

So to think that these amateurs making grand statements to aid their own profile at the clubs expense, is to be on the clubs payroll and some sort of Levy acolyte?

Yeah, no. If thats the argument then aside from being hilarious, its not actually an argument either.

I dont think anyone has an issue with them helping fans on things like ticket issues, clearly a valued service.
Nor does anyone appear to have issue with them engaging their members on the clubs behalf on decisions like where to play the Watford game.

Its when they start playing politics, encouraging fans to boycott games, making demands of the club that are frankly none of their business - and generally being a bloody nuisance for no good reasons - thats when people take issue, and what people take issue with.

So to think that these amateurs making grand statements to aid their own profile at the clubs expense, is to be on the clubs payroll and some sort of Levy acolyte?

Yeah, no. If thats the argument then aside from being hilarious, its not actually an argument either.

I dont think anyone has an issue with them helping fans on things like ticket issues, clearly a valued service.
Nor does anyone appear to have issue with them engaging their members on the clubs behalf on decisions like where to play the Watford game.

Its when they start playing politics, encouraging fans to boycott games, making demands of the club that are frankly none of their business - and generally being a bloody nuisance for no good reasons - thats when people take issue, and what people take issue with.
Anyone remember the cringe-inducing "But why haven't we signed all the world superstars?" meeting the Trust had with the club? Anyone who ever needs an accurate example of what the term amateur hour means can just read those minutes.

So they put out a statement insinuating Spurs' fans boycott a Cup match because of a totally unrelated club's history and we "don't like any questioning at all of the messiah?"

They overstepped their mark by a long way after the transfer window and have pushed it even further now. A Supporters Trust should act in the best interests of the fans, whilst also being positive about the club in they public domain. They fail miserably at both.

I love this. Its quite possibly the finest illustration of what our fanbase has become. So, if at a given time, acting in the best interests of fans is to have a go at the club over something, then what? Be positive about the club anyway?

Absolutely brilliant, Good News Only Network - Round up the troops and censor anything that might portray the club in bad light however accurate. I think generally speaking, people would praise when something is good and be critical if something is bad/not to their satisfaction whether it be an individual or a group? What's the admission fee to this utopia? Do they offer a Premium Lite option there too?

I love this. Its quite possibly the finest illustration of what our fanbase has become. So, if at a given time, acting in the best interests of fans is to have a go at the club over something, then what? Be positive about the club anyway?

Absolutely brilliant, Good News Only Network - Round up the troops and censor anything that might portray the club in bad light however accurate. I think generally speaking, people would praise when something is good and be critical if something is bad/not to their satisfaction whether it be an individual or a group? What's the admission fee to this utopia? Do they offer a Premium Lite option there too?

Why should the THFC Supporters Trust feel the need to slag off the club in the press?

Why should the THFC Supporters Trust feel the need to slag off the club in the press?

To gently persuade them of a change in thinking, why else? They won't do it for the fun of it. Getting nowhere in person so they use another tactic much like anyone else would to force someone's hand. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

To gently persuade them of a change in thinking, why else? They won't do it for the fun of it. Getting nowhere in person so they use another tactic much like anyone else would to force someone's hand. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
Has the Trust ever changed the club's mind on anything of import? I can't think of an occasion.

Has the Trust ever changed the club's mind on anything of import? I can't think of an occasion.

Using gentle persuasion techniques such as expecting the board to join their meetings (interrogations) to explain themselves, eagerly releasing bricky statements demanding explanation of the football business, and openly advocating fans boycott games?

Id be amazed if it didnt work to be honest, cant imagine why anyone would have any issue with that.

Using gentle persuasion techniques such as expecting the board to join their meetings (interrogations) to explain themselves, eagerly releasing bricky statements demanding explanation of the football business, and openly advocating fans boycott games?

Id be amazed if it didnt work to be honest, cant imagine why anyone would have any issue with that.

RADA have called me lad, want to know when you can attend?

Club states position, Trust publishes statement wanting alternative position, club alters position to meet Trust would be a fairly solid timeline.
Or club states a position in private, trust make their position clear and after some discussion an agreement is found, as in pricing structure at Wembley last season. Or the offering of CL packages in 2016/17 and 2017/18. Or the pricing point for fixtures such as Gent. Issues where they found no joy for example were on pricing structure for the new stadium, concessionary pricing in the new south as far as I am aware. So they do have their uses, I guess you just have to read a little bit at the time to form a balanced argument

No surprise they've called you, I assume you're their favourite student.

I thought so but after a quick scan of your post they felt it appropriate for that particular baton to pass to you although they did state that you might want to not over do it, they are in the business of drama, not being over dramatic...…..or assuming...….or embellishment. You can go far though, definite potential. Time to get out from under that shadow guv

Or club states a position in private, trust make their position clear and after some discussion an agreement is found, as in pricing structure at Wembley last season. Or the offering of CL packages in 2016/17 and 2017/18. Or the pricing point for fixtures such as Gent. Issues where they found no joy for example were on pricing structure for the new stadium, concessionary pricing in the new south as far as I am aware. So they do have their uses, I guess you just have to read a little bit at the time to form a balanced argument
That sounds like a very one-sided information source. Has the club ever publicly stated that the Trust changed their plans? It certainly wouldn't be out of character for the Trust to publicly insist on something they already know will happen so as to seem to matter.

I'd also take issue as to whether a few £ here or there is anything of import.

That sounds like a very one-sided information source. Has the club ever publicly stated that the Trust changed their plans? It certainly wouldn't be out of character for the Trust to publicly insist on something they already know will happen so as to seem to matter.

I'd also take issue as to whether a few £ here or there is anything of import.

I don't think the club are going to put that out specifically I agree. I don't see much point in the trust putting out if it weren't true. They would claim credit for much more on that basis and they have achieved sweet fa in the last 18 months so they have managed nothing recently in terms of the club taking 'a fans view' on board. Again, not sure how you could say that with any certainty as by your own admission you don't bother to read anything related to them or take notice of them so that would be 'a fairly one sided information source' you are dealing from, ie no information source.

You may well not, plenty of people who go regularly would probably like and agree with the idea of not paying more than they have to

Last edited:
I thought so but after a quick scan of your post they felt it appropriate for that particular baton to pass to you although they did state that you might want to not over do it, they are in the business of drama, not being over dramatic...…..or assuming...….or embellishment. You can go far though, definite potential. Time to get out from under that shadow guv

Well, 'lad, 'guv', I think once you've come down you'll realised if anyone is being over dramatic - its not me.

I don't think the club are going to put that out specifically I agree. I don't see much point in the trust putting out if it weren't true. They would claim credit for much more on that basis and they have achieved sweet fa in the last 18 months so they have managed nothing recently in terms of the club taking 'a fans view' on board. Again, not sure how you could say that with any certainty as by your own admission you don't bother to read anything related to them or take notice of them so that would be 'a fairly one sided information source' you are dealing from, ie no information source.
I take notice of them when they make public statements about the club. I take notice of them when they have interactions directly with the club, rather than directly with supporters.

What they do when they talk to individual fans is of no interest to me. What they do and say when they claim to represent fans against the club is.

You may well not, plenty of people who go regularly would probably like and agree with the idea of not paying more than they have to
That sounds very much like the Trust's target audience. I wish them well in their aim to protect "normal fans" against "them facking rich toff cants" who run the club. Personally, I find it all a bit too "Liverpool" for my liking.

Last edited:
I take notice of them when they make public statements about the club. I take notice of them when they have interactions directly with the club, rather than directly with supporters.

What they do when they talk to individual fans is of no interest to me. What they do and say when they claim to represent fans against the club is.

That sounds very much like the Trust's target audience. I wish them well in their aim to protect "normal fans" against "them facking rich toff cants" who run the club. Personally, I find it all a bit too "Liverpool" for my liking.

I don't know unless you are on the board how you can take notice of them if they liase directly with the club.

In fairness, I appreciate your position. You've maintained this Victorian workhouse owner type persona and to that end you don't like anything that might possibly challenge an established being. That's fine. Its always fine until they do something that you disagree with or don't like. Not paying more for something than necessary would be a good thing I would have thought.

I don't know unless you are on the board how you can take notice of them if they liase directly with the club.

In fairness, I appreciate your position. You've maintained this Victorian workhouse owner type persona and to that end you don't like anything that might possibly challenge an established being. That's fine. Its always fine until they do something that you disagree with or don't like. Not paying more for something than necessary would be a good thing I would have thought.
The more us fans pay, the better chance of success our club has. The new stadium sold out in days - that suggests to me that any attempt to decrease prices is likely to damage the club.

Back