• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Karen Club....what do they do?

The Trust put out a statement insinuating Spurs fans boycott the match because it will be played at MK Dons. That’s what people are objecting too (and it’s exacerbated by the fact that they’ve made similar over the top statements in the past.)

But yeah I guess the sheep line works.

And in that discussion people bashed the trust saying they are a waste of time so that was debated as well. My point was that they do a good job on some things and aren't as ego driven as some would make out. They could be a lot better being representative of the whole fan base but that needs more people involved to achieve. It will never happen if people sit on the sideline and dig them out for being totally worthless which isn't the case. As a fanbase we have no other way of holding the board to account and getting rid of them might appease certain people but in the long run the club would be even more likely to just do whatever it feels

Are you suggesting I don't go to games then? Are you suggesting that I think highly of the trust? I think I made it clear that I think they do a good job on certain things but they could certainly do a much better job representing the wider fanbase. As usual with you though, you are incapable of being able to separate things into individual strands. Everything is black and white with you - If you think the board could do more then to you that equals not supporting the club. If you think that trust do some things well then to you that equates to thinking they are perfect. Completely unable to discuss anything without being pompous and self serving.

Not going to get into the name calling but are you suggesting that WHEN you go to the matches that there are a lot of fans who actually belong to the trust? i did ask the question in several places about how many members they actually had and was told 10,000 but not all of them are fee paying.

IF that number IS correct then it tends to show that they only speak for a very SMALL minority of fans, i wonder why that is?

I'm not seeing the fervent support of the board here on GG that others are, I think they get a lot of criticism where its warranted, things get questioned regularly.

It's only the unreasonable that gets "shouted down" imo.

Totally disagree. I think plenty on here can't partake in any reasonable debate on anything the board and owners do. I think for many they are happy to just be where we are and whatever happens, happens. Questioning or wanting a bit more ambition is seen as being unreasonable for the most part on here. People still spun the transfer window as some sort of victory and that it was perfectly understandable to sign no one or that we really were unable to sign even one player that we wanted. its an either or with most I'm afraid. If you wanted money spent, that equals wanting Emirates Marketing Project like expenditure regardless of the fact that the levels between spending nothing and Emirates Marketing Project level spending is as vast as could be. Apparently, they shouldn't be criticised for the transfer window and if that's your view then that is fine, validate it and move on. Its not for people to then start questioning how much someone supports the club because they happen to disagree with the owner/board direction on certain issues. To say that doesn't happen on here, on social media etc would be a complete lie.

Not going to get into the name calling but are you suggesting that WHEN you go to the matches that there are a lot of fans who actually belong to the trust? i did ask the question in several places about how many members they actually had and was told 10,000 but not all of them are fee paying.

IF that number IS correct then it tends to show that they only speak for a very SMALL minority of fans, i wonder why that is?

When I go to matches, ie 90% of the time, I don't ask people if they are members of the trust. I don't care if people are or not. My opinion on them is that it isn't just black and white to say they are a waste of time. They give help to individuals who have difficulties with the club on a range of issues and are there to assist you if you require it. I have no idea why you think that is a bad thing but it would appear its personal. I haven't made any reference at all to member levels vs size of fanbase at all, I would have absolutely no idea how many people are trust members in reality and I don't care either. As I said, the fact that they exist is a good thing and I don't see any real reason why anyone unless employed by the club would think that their existence, overall, isn't a good thing too.

10,000 is a small number fan base wise and I couldn't tell you why most people aren't members? I would suggest the most likely reason is they just can't be bothered rather than being specifically anti trust.

When I go to matches, ie 90% of the time, I don't ask people if they are members of the trust. I don't care if people are or not. My opinion on them is that it isn't just black and white to say they are a waste of time. They give help to individuals who have difficulties with the club on a range of issues and are there to assist you if you require it. I have no idea why you think that is a bad thing but it would appear its personal. I haven't made any reference at all to member levels vs size of fanbase at all, I would have absolutely no idea how many people are trust members in reality and I don't care either. As I said, the fact that they exist is a good thing and I don't see any real reason why anyone unless employed by the club would think that their existence, overall, isn't a good thing too.

10,000 is a small number fan base wise and I couldn't tell you why most people aren't members? I would suggest the most likely reason is they just can't be bothered rather than being specifically anti trust.

IF there were a lot of fans who are unhappy with the way the club is run ( which you seem to suggest) then would it not make sense for those to become members? I think the real reason is that the vast majority of fans see them for what they are ie guys who think they are important and want to have folks think they have something important to say. ( o and i forgot to add, they like the sound of their own voices).

IF there were a lot of fans who are unhappy with the way the club is run ( which you seem to suggest) then would it not make sense for those to become members? I think the real reason is that the vast majority of fans see them for what they are ie guys who think they are important and want to have folks think they have something important to say. ( o and i forgot to add, they like the sound of their own voices).

Can you find for me the passage where I suggest or state that lots of fans (unquantifiable) are unhappy with the way that the club is run? Not everyone who likes the sound of their own voice would be a member of the trust either would they?

Can you find for me the passage where I suggest or state that lots of fans (unquantifiable) are unhappy with the way that the club is run? Not everyone who likes the sound of their own voice would be a member of the trust either would they?

We are going round in circles; If you really think that they are good for the fans and club then you should join them, they need as much help as they can get seeing as most seem to think they are wanabees.

We are going round in circles; If you really think that they are good for the fans and club then you should join them, they need as much help as they can get seeing as most seem to think they are wanabees.

Its not going round in circles to ask you to qualify and prove your statement, which you can't. And again you prove the point, I think they do some good work equals in your mind that I should join them because I must really like all that they do. Its either or, never anything in between. Explains a lot tbh

Its not going round in circles to ask you to qualify and prove your statement, which you can't. And again you prove the point, I think they do some good work equals in your mind that I should join them because I must really like all that they do. Its either or, never anything in between. Explains a lot tbh

O boy, do you not have homework to do. :rolleyes:

Case in point with response to your post above. Its full of people who don't like the board being questioned because we were brick in the 90s and for some reason will put up with anything fed to them. I can only assume a vested interest like being on the payroll or something personal.

They also fail to grasp the differences between being supportive of the team/board/manager/trust etc and that you can have individual views on individual entities. And a very select few who are incredibly selfish and only care for their own interests as demonstrated when discussing STs vs Members and the watering down of membership. Funny thing is, they have no issue with the board and co watering down their ST to just the 19 games though but anything that might help other fans or grow the fanbase which they seem to want to happen is off limits if it doesn't benefit them.

Some good people on here but equally some self righteous sheep who feel they are the oracle and don't like being disagreed with. This normally ends in being told to support City or Chelsea such is the wit that floweth through their very veins.
I've yet to see a single person make that point on this forum.

What I have seen, and the opinion I subscribe to, is that the club is a privately owned entity and what those owners do with their own property is none of our fudging business. We can choose to spend our money or not. anything past that an we'll get a a condescending pat on the head like the Trust does, whilst the owners continue to do whatever they want.

And in that discussion people bashed the trust saying they are a waste of time so that was debated as well. My point was that they do a good job on some things and aren't as ego driven as some would make out. They could be a lot better being representative of the whole fan base but that needs more people involved to achieve. It will never happen if people sit on the sideline and dig them out for being totally worthless which isn't the case. As a fanbase we have no other way of holding the board to account and getting rid of them might appease certain people but in the long run the club would be even more likely to just do whatever it feels
The Trust has achieved two things since it came into being;

1) Wasting the time of otherwise busy executives at the club, who have to pretend to listen to the Trust before patting them on the head and ignoring them

2) Making themselves feel important

So 1) is actively harmful to the club, and 2) only goes to reinforce the endless repetition of 1). Hopefully we, as fans, can diminish 2) enough to make 1) cease.

Last edited:
Everyone else also just scanning through the above at speed, looking for the juiciest insults, and not reading the actual row itself, yeah?
:D

Best way really, get to the most important part straight away...….you know the rules

I said it was 10000 and that was told to me by a mate whose a member so take it with a pinch of salt

We're not even CLOSE to what West Ham fans are being put through by their club. To say those of us who disagree with the Trust are just "shouting down other fans for daring to question the club at any stage" is hyperbolic nonsense.

The West Ham comparison was an extreme example. I realise our hierarchy treat our fans miles better but I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if some on here were on board with the idea.

The comment about people being shouted down wasn’t so much about the trust as such (although ironically there is some of that going on in a this thread). It was more a general observation about how some respond to fans who question the club, the way the club is run etc. Take the last transfer window for example, loads of people were saying calm down we will sign someone, then when we didn’t sign anyone those same people changed their tune almost immediately when the window closed and said it was the correct decision when two days prior they were saying we would sign at least one player.

The same thing went on at Arsenal when half of the fanbase wanted Wenger out. Fans were shouted down, albeit with more venom.

2) Making themselves feel important
This might be your main aim in life, but you shouldn't assume it is true for others!

I agree with you that they often come across very poorly. I agree the club 'put up with them' rather than valuing their contribution.

But I also know they do a lot of work for people in need e.g. lost tickets, beaten up by stewards or police abroad.

They do both good and bad, it is not 100% one way or the other, there is light and dark here.

The West Ham comparison was an extreme example. I realise our hierarchy treat our fans miles better but I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if some on here were on board with the idea.

The comment about people being shouted down wasn’t so much about the trust as such (although ironically there is some of that going on in a this thread). It was more a general observation about how some respond to fans who question the club, the way the club is run etc. Take the last transfer window for example, loads of people were saying calm down we will sign someone, then when we didn’t sign anyone those same people changed their tune almost immediately when the window closed and said it was the correct decision when two days prior they were saying we would sign at least one player.

The same thing went on at Arsenal when half of the fanbase wanted Wenger out. Fans were shouted down, albeit with more venom.
I think SOME people were saying "We need to replace Toby, Dembele, Rose if they go.... and we can afford to release some deadwood... so let's go and get someone..." but of course, keeping Toby, Dembele and Rose meant we had less money and less need.

BUT I agree we should have signed someone, and got rid of some deadwood, there must be deals out there if the team is good enough to find the deal.

This is up there with the pseudoscience thread for entrenched positions.

I suppose the Trust's overplayed affect on club matters is a bit pseudosciencensy (is that a word?:))

This might be your main aim in life, but you shouldn't assume it is true for others!

I agree with you that they often come across very poorly. I agree the club 'put up with them' rather than valuing their contribution.

But I also know they do a lot of work for people in need e.g. lost tickets, beaten up by stewards or police abroad.

They do both good and bad, it is not 400% one way or the other, there is light and dark here.
I only see them via their interactions with the club.

I commend them for their work in the issues you've described - that's what people claiming to represent the fans should be doing. Why they feel the need to waste Levy's time and continually make self-important statements to the press, I don't know.

Back