1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

THST....what do they do?

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Aldo, 31 Aug 2018.

1. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Vedran Corluka

I never have understood the organised fan club/whatever thing, where the fans think they have a special relationship with the club. It's a one way love affair, if I don't turn up someone else will. They are little puppies wagging their tails and dancing round the club hoping to be stroked or given a treat, they may do some good things for ex players and other deserving causes but they have little influence on the club. I'm not a consumer I'm a fan and that's never going to change unless the club do something so terrible that my conscience is outraged.

2. scaramanga

scaramanga Steve Sedgley Staff Member

Did they jump up and down and scweam and scweam when the barman didn't give them the most expensive wines 5 minutes before it was humanly possible to do so, despite them only having the budget for the house red?

3. DaveT316

DaveT316 Jamie Redknapp

4. DaveT316

DaveT316 Jamie Redknapp

Wonder what the other 10% of circumstances - players not leaving - accounted for?!

5. Raziel

Raziel John Lacy

Mate, come on, you may not agree with the trust but they do bring up legitimate issues at times (and they have helped fans out at short notice in issues e.g. at European games) and the club responds ..

And that's only because we are fans, you would not get (as a non shareholder) access to the board of any billion dollar enterprise in the world as one of their consumers ..

Kandi1977 and Bullet like this.
  6. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover Jack Jull

Aurier in the first team next week would do it for me.

DeanoAustin and Jon like this.
  7. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover Jack Jull

8. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Vedran Corluka

I've said they may do some g

I have written that they do some good things but the relationship with the club is one way emotionally, the club will only do what is good for the club, that action might also benefit supporters, do the club ask for meetings with the trust or is it the other way around? I can see my MP after many letters and requests but his prime concern is his and his parties interest not mine, meetings are pointless unless both parties have the same level of power to influence the outcome.

9. Raziel

Raziel John Lacy

Understood, my understanding is the trust asked for the meeting with the club which is similar to your MP scenario.

I would say the Trust has bought up past issues that were resolved (that the club probably would not have on their own), so while I agree the power is more with club, we should acknowledge the club has made the effort to at least entertain/listen and the trust has achieved some small victories. My point is may not be my cup of tea (I'm not a member of Trust) but I can't completely disregard their efforts.

10. Jordinho

Jordinho John White Staff Member

Tried to read it, but gave up when they started their usual whining over transfers. That's not what a trust should be concerning themselves with.

11. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Dean Richards

I thought it was a reasonably interesting update. I think many of the things they raise are the general concerns that people talk about on here.

harr1984 and markysimmo like this.
  12. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

Levy must be kicking himself over not selling the CL games as part of a 3 game package

RSB will be 40k tops

13. Jurgen the German

Jurgen the German Colin Calderwood

I don’t speak for the majority but it feels like some just want them to toe the line and blindly back the club in all matters regardless as this is a pro Levy/ENIC forum. As others have said, complaining about transfers shouldn’t necessarily be in their remit but they do help fans when required.

14. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

I think they do a good job

15. Jon

Jon Terry Venables

Normally I’d agree, but under the current circumstances I found it an interesting ‘blunt weapon’ just to see what reaction it provoked from Daniel. At least we got a little clarity of where his heads at with it all and they haven’t just gone completely blind and/or stupid!

16. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Nayim

The thing is, Levy wouldnt tell them the actual facts of any given situation, not really, would he?

He told them the exact thing we have all been saying on here for months (years?), that its hard to get deals done, you cant make a player move...

I mean, its probably true, but its also the thing I would expect him to say regardless.

Its not like he respects the THST enough to actually give them privileged info, is it?

scaramanga likes this.
  17. galeforce

galeforce Teddy Sheringham

he respects them far more than he should imo

18. scaramanga

There are countless better things he could do instead of turning up to the first 10 minutes of meetings with them.

galeforce likes this.
  19. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Dean Richards

I don't think it hurts at all to have a fan representative group.

20. scaramanga

I think it hurts to waste the time of the club's execs.

galeforce likes this.