• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Thomas Lemar

Id expect his agent to act as proxy.

And plenty of deals are submitted "subject to medical" so conceivably he doesnt even need to leave the squad I would think. Prviding he has a working fax machine!

The reason we must ensure we make and keep top 4 every year.
I know there are some that don't like that (I'm with them on that), but it's the reality of modern football

Yes and no.

Look at our business this summer, would it have not happened without CL? I think we would have still signed the same players.

We operate in a different market to that which Arsenal are trying to make moves in.

Of course, CL participation certainly wont have done us any harm!

My point is though a lack of CL does teams like Arsenal much more damage than us.

Look at our business this summer, would it have not happened without CL? I think we would have still signed the same players.

Obviously no way of proving it however personally I doubt we'd have got all of Aurier, Gomes and Sanchez without CL football. The main thing if these all do happen is that we'll have added some depth to the squad

Obviously it helps, Im just saying I dont think it would have been a gamechanger for any of our business.

Foyth, Sanchez and Gomes (if he comes) certainly wouldnt have been effected IMO as they would be looking to develop at a club known to give players a chance. And, potentially, pave the way to a tier 1 team. With or without CL thats us.

Aurier Im on the fence more, but think we could have pulled it off.

Arsenal? Well, they will struggle big time if they still target the players they do. What chance they could get an Ozil or Sanchez without CL?

Good player.

Talk Barca might make a bid tomorrow because Coutinho is a no deal

That would be great. There's no way Liverpoo would get the sort of stupid money being offered by Barca for Coutinho if there wasnt a club sitting with £200m in their bank account and desperate for someone. Coutinho seems like a decent guy however will inevitably be somewhat tinkled off

giphy.webp

Arsenal are a fudging shambles atm - another year out the CL and it'll be a full on meltdown over there

So why make the bid in the first place? or did they forget that he was on international duty?

Would love it for pure laughter if we signed him.

Sign Llorente tinkle Chelsea off ditto for RB - check
Sign Andre Silva tinkle West Ham off - check
Sign Lemar tinkle Arsenal and Liverpool off - check
No Rose or Dier for Utd.

Lovely window plus pacey player

Not like John Cross is a massive gooner or anything...

Arsenal are a fudging shambles atm - another year out the CL and it'll be a full on meltdown over there

Story in one of the major Norwegian papers now about a guy who has given up on Arsenal and put his shirt collection up for sale. Thirty years of supporting down the drain.

Back