• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

This seasons positives

Enough of the doom and gloom on here (me included). There has actually been some positive things to come out of this season..

1) Benteleb - Looks like he's very well suited to this league. Cannot play the holding role but is very good when playing the box to box role. Gets involved, good passer, has a good shot. Very promising.

2) Kane - Again looks a handful. Gets involved in general play, scoring goals now. Promising future ahead.

3) Eriksen - great first season all things considered. Will only get better.

4) Holtby - Is proving he can play in this league and do it on a consistent basis.Looks like he's Fulhams star player.

5) Walker - After being absolutely shocking last season he's grown as a footballer. He's now playing like a leader (well when he was fit).

Enough of the doom and gloom on here (me included). There has actually been some positive things to come out of this season..

1) Benteleb - Looks like he's very well suited to this league. Cannot play the holding role but is very good when playing the box to box role. Gets involved, good passer, has a good shot. Very promising.

2) Kane - Again looks a handful. Gets involved in general play, scoring goals now. Promising future ahead.

4) Holtby - Is proving he can play in this league and do it on a consistent basis.Looks like he's Fulhams star player.

5) Walker - After being absolutely shocking last season he's grown as a footballer. He's now playing like a leader (well when he was fit).

Agreed on all of that. There are positives to be found. I also find a strange comfort in the fac that players like Vertonghen, Soldado, Sandro and Lennon clearly have been underperfoming compared to the level they are capable of. Especially when it comes to Vertonghen, Sandro and Soldado, I think there is much more to be expected, and hopefully they´ll play much better for us next season.

I also think Chadli has started to settle more, and looks a handy player. Don´t think central midfield is his best position though.

Then there´s the highly rated Lamela and Paulinho - we haven´t seen enough of Erik to judge him properly, and Paulinho has been a disappointment, but they can´t be that bad if they get games for Argentina and Brazil. I´m hoping we´ll see the better of these two as well.

Barring left back and centre back, I think we have more than capable players in all positions. We just need to get our **** together, tighten up and get a proper game plan going, and we might be back challenging for fourth again last season.

I think Eriksen is the main positive for me looks like he could become very good.
Benteleb has been good and I like the look of him.

Holtby and the early form of townsend this season and carroll in the championship says that our academy is starting to produce(i know holtby is not an academy product)

Walker has been our best defender this season and he is good but it shows how bad our defence has gotten.

The fans will probably come together once sherwood goes whether you like or hate him or like me do not really care either way he has split the fans who ever comes in next will be like John Major after Thatcher and the fans will be on the same side.

Eriksen

Think the rest of the team have had good moments and bad moments. We have quite a few young players who if given time, could become very good.

Eriksen has been a big positive, very good contribution for a first season and still a young player.

Adebayor has played well for the most part.

Chadli has shown he might be a useful member of the squad.

Bentaleb and Kane have done pretty well, always good to bring youngsters through.

IIIFFF we get Van Gaal, then the manager circus of this season will probably work out to be a positive thing.

That's about it really.

6) Stadium finally looks set to get underway (Though we've heard that one before).

7) We have a chance to finish above United, something we haven't done for nigh-on two decades now. Not through our own endeavors, admittedly, but still.

8) Big-name manager in the summer.

9) It'll be over soon.

So a new club Premier League points record has now gone but we can still equal the old one of 72 points if we win our remaining 4 matches.

That in itself is some kind of minor achievement, considering the upheaval and turmoil of the season.

I wouldn't want to write-off any of our seven new signings just yet but it's clear some have hit the ground running while others are still struggling to adjust.

And three Academy players have stepped-up to make their Premier League debuts this season - Zeki Fryers, Nabil Bentaleb & Milos Veljkovic - always nice to see.

6) Stadium finally looks set to get underway (Though we've heard that one before).

7) We have a chance to finish above United, something we haven't done for nigh-on two decades now. Not through our own endeavors, admittedly, but still.

8) Big-name manager in the summer.

9) It'll be over soon.

Whoa! :eek: And here's me fretting because the end of the season is suddenly upon us.

Whoa! :eek: And here's me fretting because the end of the season is suddenly upon us.

Mmhmm. At this point, anyone who's still enjoying the season is to my eyes the Spurs-supporting equivalent of Colonel Kilgore. 'I love the smell of napalm in the morning!'

End it, and the healing process take its course.

Eriksen has been a big positive, very good contribution for a first season and still a young player.

Adebayor has played well for the most part.

Chadli has shown he might be a useful member of the squad.

Bentaleb and Kane have done pretty well, always good to bring youngsters through.

IIIFFF we get Van Gaal, then the manager circus of this season will probably work out to be a positive thing.

That's about it really.

I agree. I thought he was turbo **** out on the left but i quite like what i've seen centrally. Of course i forgot about Ade.

Reading this thread you have to wonder what a very good manager could do with the squad we have.We haven't even seen what Lamela is capable of either have we?

Walker has become a seriously good full back, his one on one defending is second to none

Top post, and cant disagree with anything, a few weeks ago I was throughly down with the ways things are going and couldnt wait for the season to end, but bizarrely I am going to disappointed come May 12th. Still three more live games for us, today was another typical roller-coaster ride culminating in a barmy last minute goal celebration where I think i nearly fell over the barrier. MOTD could be fun tonight

Highlighting that Danny Rose has no place in our team.

I am looking forward to a proper player being deployed next season in the position he's currently stinking out.

We've got a Redknapp Number[SUP]*[/SUP] of 9 this season (the same as Arsenal). Probably testament to the job Pulis has done for Palace (N[SUB]R[/SUB] = 1) since he's been there that the Eagles are in the lofty position of 12th. The only other clubs with N[SUB]R[/SUB] equal to or below the critical value of 2 are Fulham and Sunderland.

[SUP]*[/SUP] The minimum number of points gained in any run of 8 games in a season.

The big point is really a team that has underperformed under two managers and never really looked in full flight has still managed a great away record and potentially can still match a record points total.

Eriksen obviously is the guy that looks like our next 40M+ sale (hopefully we get another 2 seasons out of him)

The one credit to TS must be Bentaleb & Kane

Lot of promise still with Chadli, Soldado, Lamela & Paulinho to uncover.

A good manager, fit squad, a LB and a creative midfield player could really take this squad somewhere

Highlighting that Danny Rose has no place in our team.

I am looking forward to a proper player being deployed next season in the position he's currently stinking out.

I can guess the answer, but would you keep Rose as a back-up outside left?

I actually think he might be better playing inside. He gets isolated less often and his bustling style woild suit a pressure game in midfield, if only he could learn not to overdo it and give away a foul.

Yep, agree with those. Would also say Chadli is improving from early on. Also Paulinho looked far better for Brazil than he did here, perhaps the theory about the WC if true. If so, maybe we'll get a new player next season (clutching at straws here).

Agree with KD and Dubai. Some of the players have shown a lot of promise. And I'm looking forward to the season ending and us getting some manager solution in place that's not short term.

Another positive is that although this season feels like it's been dreadful right now the distance up to where we want to be isn't all that great. A couple of signings, some astute tactical changes and a couple of key players upping their game and I think we could get very far.

Back