• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

This boards view on *alleged* racist behaviour

I have no love for Holt - he wrote a disgusting attack on Hoddle after we lost the League Cup final to Blackburn all those years ago. But he makes a good point - why have the club not talked to the Spurs fan who says he heard monkey chants? The other question for me is what exactly Rudiger says he heard, and where he heard it from. He should have been asked to confirm and elaborate, as should the Spurs fan. There is a big difference between the sound of "boos" - a long "oo"- and the short "oo, oo, oo" of a monkey chant - surely audio recordings or lip readers would have been able detect any "oo oo oo" chants?

I have no love for Holt - he wrote a disgusting attack on Hoddle after we lost the League Cup final to Blackburn all those years ago. But he makes a good point - why have the club not talked to the Spurs fan who says he heard monkey chants? The other question for me is what exactly Rudiger says he heard, and where he heard it from. He should have been asked to confirm and elaborate, as should the Spurs fan. There is a big difference between the sound of "boos" - a long "oo"- and the short "oo, oo, oo" of a monkey chant - surely audio recordings or lip readers would have been able detect any "oo oo oo" chants?
We've discussed him already in this thread, he's not a reliable sauce.

The club and Met have conducted full investigations.

Does Holt actually have a good point? Or is he just lying?

Is it fair to assume he knows the ins and outs of the investigations (both internal and met) and what they actually have/havent done? Id suggest not.

Im inclined to assume they thought of these things, and Holt is actually talking garbage.

The club and Met have conducted full investigations.

Does Holt actually have a good point? Or is he just lying?

Is it fair to assume he knows the ins and outs of the investigations (both internal and met) and what they actually have/havent done? Id suggest not.

Im inclined to assume they thought of these things, and Holt is actually talking garbage.
One person on Twitter has claimed to have heard something and claims to be a Spurs fan.

1. If his hearing is anything like his eyesight we should immediately ignore any comments he makes
  2. It's hardly unheard of for someone on Twitter to post something just for the attention
  3. How the fudge does that alice-banded, uncle fudging sack of lard* know whether or not the club spoke to the aforementioned blind supporter, or whether his claims of making the complaint were actually true?

* I have investigated whether or not Oliver Holt is, in fact, an alice-banded, uncle fudging sack of lard and have found no evidence to prove he isn't.

Last edited:
Maybe they have
Doesn’t mean he was saying the truth
The way he write his tweet smacked of an attention seeker

One person on Twitter has claimed to have heard something and claims to be a Spurs fan.

1. If his hearing is anything like his eyesight we should immediately ignore any comments he makes
  2. It's hardly unheard of for someone on Twitter to post something just for the attention
  3. How the fudge does that alice-banded, uncle fudging* sack of lard know whether or not the club spoke to the aforementioned blind supporter, or whether his claims of making the complaint were actually true?

* I have investigated whether or not Oliver Holt is, in fact, an alice-banded, uncle fudging sack of lard and have found no evidence to prove he isn't.

This is basically my point.

Holt seems to think he knows the full details of the investigation, and knows the Twitter guy (almost certain taco) wasnt contacted etc - just smacks of flimflam to me.

Holt doesnt know a damn thing, but he is still going balls deep on it - Ill imagine purely for the retweets and clicks.

Re this Spurs fan on twitter : seems his claim was that he heard monkey noises, but (subsequent to his initial tweet) not noises that would have been audible to Rudiger and he informed the club of this when he emailed to report what he “heard”. He got a generic “Thank you for contacting us” reply back from the club.

So what he heard was not, in fact, linked to the Rudiger incident.
My guess is the club would have passed his feedback to the Met and let them decide as part of their investigation whether or not to follow up. But if he was unable to pinpoint anything more specific than a general area out of Rudiger’s earshot, then I can’t see how that would further the investigation.
I’d expect any complaint to still be looked at in due course but as the club always say, reporting it at the time makes it far easier to deal with.

Holt is just trawling this bloke’s tweets and picking out bits to suit his agenda.

The guy's twitter feed looks like he is a 100% genuine fan, but I don't see how he can say that he heard the monkey noises, but that the player wouldn't have? I would have thought that - as the sole fan who claims to have heard racist chanting - he would have been interviewed by the old bill about where the sound was coming from....

Rudiger is the Compleat Professional Schitthouse Artist. Every minute of every match, he's looking to stir something up. He does it with actions and with words. Now, it would seem he's done it with jiggery-pokery.

I despise racism. Here in Toronto - like London - we live in one of the world's most culturally diverse cities and it's something to hold dear. But I have no tolerance for someone faking an incident of racism.

The guy's twitter feed looks like he is a 400% genuine fan, but I don't see how he can say that he heard the monkey noises, but that the player wouldn't have? I would have thought that - as the sole fan who claims to have heard racist chanting - he would have been interviewed by the old bill about where the sound was coming from....
His Twitter claims that he's married to a complete stunner. He has photos on there of him with his wife. He's not a reliable sauce.

I can't get behind this.

Just like I can't pretend to know what it's like being a black player subjected to jeers and abuse by 50k+ predominantly white people. He's played in Italy, so it's likely he's been the victim of actual racist abuse.

I believe it's possible he misheard our chants as racist and I don't hold anything against him for that.

The wrongdoers in this situation are the media and it's employees who failed to do their jobs and declared us, as a club, guilty without any shred of proof. That is unacceptable, at all times.

The online Spurs contingent harassing Rudiger and labelling him a liar aren't covering themselves in glory either, in my view.

I can't get behind this.

Just like I can't pretend to know what it's like being a black player subjected to jeers and abuse by 50k+ predominantly white people. He's played in Italy, so it's likely he's been the victim of actual racist abuse.

I believe it's possible he misheard our chants as racist and I don't hold anything against him for that.

The wrongdoers in this situation are the media and it's employees who failed to do their jobs and declared us, as a club, guilty without any shred of proof. That is unacceptable, at all times.

The online Spurs contingent harassing Rudiger and labelling him a liar aren't covering themselves in glory either, in my view.
People react in two directions typically, defence or attack... the issue here I’d course is the press attacked the fans and now the fans are attacking back. The press though haven5 even attempted a defence which is interesting because it actually shows how little they care about the issues sincerity IMO

I can't get behind this.

Someone making an honest, good faith, mistake should apologise when the evidence shows they were wrong.

Someone intending to harm the club or with something to hide is more likely to double down on their baseless accusations.

Back