• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Things we hate about modern football

Idiots like Paul Merson and the like that haven't a fudging clue what they're talking about being given a platform to spout utter nonsense.

Tin pot tossers celebrating like they've won the fudging league for winning a one off match that impacts someone else when they've been brick themselves last season, see West Ham last night.

It happened today, Barnsley fans went fudging mental when Brighton took the lead against Villa and even set off a few flares and smoke bombs!

Ha.

401C44FE00000578-4485750-image-a-42_1494280602155.jpg

Today is the anniversary of the Bradford fire. 32 years ago.
I don't like the way that remembrance or grief seems to be ranked nowadays and also the prevalence of the black armband/minute's silences which - to my mind - lessen the impact of making such a gesture by making it commonplace.

This was a horrific event and, much like Heysel, it seems to be one that newer football fans would have little knowledge of compared to Hillsborough. Not to deny their loss or pain, but to say one isn't more important than another.

BradfordFire.png

I don't like the way that remembrance or grief seems to be ranked nowadays and also the prevalence of the black armband/minute's silences which - to my mind - lessen the impact of making such a gesture by making it commonplace.

This was a horrific event and, much like Heysel, it seems to be one that newer football fans would have little knowledge of compared to Hillsborough. Not to deny their loss or pain, but to say one isn't more important than another.

Awful day that was.

Supporters who don't get the local rivalry gig.

The hurt cut, losing to the Gooners, Chavs and Spammers is just that much deeper.

Supporters who don't get the local rivalry gig.

The hurt cut, losing to the Gooners, Chavs and Spammers is just that much deeper.

its a global game now, location is largely irrelevant, most Manchester United fans have never been to Manchester

BradfordFire.png

That was a awful thing to happen and ( imo) its never been looked into as much as it should have been. I was on my way home from a game at the Lane ( we had just been hammered by Watford) and i was feeling pretty bad, when the news of the fire came on our radio it made me relise how we blow the results of games out of importance some times.

Never forget that day, got home from the match and missus told me about it. She made me change my seat from the old West Stand after that.

That was a awful thing to happen and ( imo) its never been looked into as much as it should have been. I was on my way home from a game at the Lane ( we had just been hammered by Watford) and i was feeling pretty bad, when the news of the fire came on our radio it made me relise how we blow the results of games out of importance some times.

That was a true disaster as non fans did anything wrong.., hillsborough had fans going in knowing they didn't have tickets so we're doing wrong

Back