• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Things we hate about modern football

Not being able to "drink in view of the pitch", you know, in case the pitch gets offended

could we ever do that in England though?

As long as I've been of drinking age it's not been allowed and I don't remember my dad ever having a beer on the terraces

As long as I've been of drinking age it's not been allowed and I don't remember my dad ever having a beer on the terraces

It's fine in the lower leagues and at rugby

It's fine in the lower leagues and at rugby

yeah, I've done it abroad as well, but that's not "modern football" is it

has there been a time when you could ever take a beer to your seat at WHL whilst the game was going on is my question?

Its one of the worst rules in the modern game, if you can watch it at lower levels and in Europe with a beer in your hand why not here?

Its one of the worst rules in the modern game, if you can watch it at lower levels and in Europe with a beer in your hand why not here?

so that kids don't see it on the telly, same reason you can't show people enjoying cigarette's in adverts anymore, a health risk by association has been proven

I'm only a poor little yiddo,
I stand at the back of the shelf,
I go to the bar,
To buy a lager,
And only by one for myself.

so that kids don't see it on the telly, same reason you can't show people enjoying cigarette's in adverts anymore, a health risk by association has been proven

But that rule should apply to all sports no? Drinking and being drunk is no better shown than at the Cricket....

I feel sorry for those who can not go without a beer for 90 minutes.

Hahaha you could say that about anything, Rugby, having a dinner, being at a concert etc etc, its about having the choice as an adult, I could happily sit there with a nice cold drink at a game and would enhance enjoyment...

Hahaha you could say that about anything, Rugby, having a dinner, being at a concert etc etc, its about having the choice as an adult, I could happily sit there with a nice cold drink at a game and would enhance enjoyment...

And I still would feel sorry for you if you can not do without one for 90 minutes.

ACM, WMF, RWB, DCM, LMF etc etc

The gaming world now dictating how players positions are defined.
Tail wagging the dog.

As a result some people can't discuss players or teams without talking in these terms.
Cough * Gutterboy * Cough

Last edited:
ACM, WMF, RWB, DCM, LMF etc etc

The gaming world now dictating how players positions are defined.
Tail wagging the dog.

As a result some people can't discuss players or teams without talking in these terms.
Cough * Gutterboy * Cough
I get what you mean, but its a bit of a chicken & egg situation I think. Gaming had to adopt current, and evolving, terms for players positions and as such, being as the management games are basically data analysis, defined these position with more accuracy than football commentators or pundits has been able to, thus improving the ability to talk about tactics and positions

The player's dodgy hair cuts. What's with footballer's complete lack of taste?

Hair cuts, horrid coloured/mismatched boots, bricky tattoos, GHod awful car colours, etc. too young, not too bright and way too much money. Beats headphones is a great example, if you could afford any headphones in the world, why would you chose that brick?

My biggest issue with modern football isn't a lot of what people gripe about (i.e. beer, seating, commercialization), that was inevitable, all sport to succeed/grow needs to commercialize. My issues are on two items

- The complete disrespect the media has for any club outside of Manure, Scum, City, Cheat$ki, Pool (how the fudge are they title contenders every year?), Barca & Real, the constant agenda to push players to that group.
- The City, Cheat$ki, PSG's of the world, the fact that leagues & FA's & governments have sat by and watched this fiscal doping, money laundering, horrendous business practices by people of extremely questionable character to create a plaything and/or PR engine out of a national sport .. and even the fans who are always up in arms about the game going to the prawn sandwich phalanx or some other imagined lost of the working man's game, say fudge all ...

Hair cuts, horrid coloured/mismatched boots, brickty tattoos, GHod awful car colours, etc. too young, not too bright and way too much money. Beats headphones is a great example, if you could afford any headphones in the world, why would you chose that brick?

My biggest issue with modern football isn't a lot of what people gripe about (i.e. beer, seating, commercialization), that was inevitable, all sport to succeed/grow needs to commercialize. My issues are on two items

- The complete disrespect the media has for any club outside of Manure, Scum, City, Cheat$ki, Pool (how the fudge are they title contenders every year?), Barca & Real, the constant agenda to push players to that group.
- The City, Cheat$ki, PSG's of the world, the fact that leagues & FA's & governments have sat by and watched this fiscal doping, money laundering, horrendous business practices by people of extremely questionable character to create a plaything and/or PR engine out of a national sport .. and even the fans who are always up in arms about the game going to the prawn sandwich phalanx or some other imagined lost of the working man's game, say fudge all ...

Preach brother preach. :)

Some players get it right

sport-pirlo_3267180a.jpg

ac6017a349f2a88fec705927dcad73cc.jpg

Back