• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Things we hate about modern football

Assisted celebrations.....ie fireworks, ticker tape, loud music etc

Us fans might as well f*ck off home

Oh also......you cannot bring that flag in, it has a pointy bit or is over 6ftx3ft etc etc

I think it came from the Champions League group stage. I don't remember hearing it before.
I was into Italian football in the 90s and they would talk about that kind of thing much more than English football because they would be pretty much all on the same number of games played whereas we always have a few teams with fewer played

Every time there's s 6 in the year we get 1966 rammed down our throat.

It brilliant how everyone says Liverpool are clams for holding onto their past glories go,but 50 years on England are still rabbiting on about theirs
I agree it is a little sad.

I was going to say seeing that goal the scots scored against Holland being replayed every time Scotland get to a major championship. But then I remembered they never do.

I agree it is a little sad.

I was going to say seeing that goal the scots scored against Holland being replayed every time Scotland get to a major championship. But then I remembered they never do.
Touché ......... Well it would be if we were still making documentaries and analysing it as it happened yesterday. I mean sky's MNF is a special 1966 5 HOUR schedule.
That's not a little sad, that's way beyond that.

Touché ......... Well it would be if we were still making documentaries and analysing it as it happened yesterday. I mean sky's MNF is a special 1966 5 HOUR schedule.
That's not a little sad, that's way beyond that.

I actually totally agree with you,

PS I always enjoyed Gemmills goal

I actually totally agree with you,

PS I always enjoyed Gemmills goal
Surprisingly so do most English people, but the media just won't leave it alone.
I was 10 when gemmil scored that goal and it was a great summer, really wanted the Dutch to win that WC, what a team. That was probably the last truly great international tournament. Sounding like an old git now, aren't I!

Surprisingly so do most English people, but the media just won't leave it alone.
I was 10 when gemmil scored that goal and it was a great summer, really wanted the Dutch to win that WC, what a team. That was probably the last truly great international tournament. Sounding like an old git now, aren't I!
We both are mate, don't fight it, get out the scotch. Not to much though;)

Martin Tyler commentating on a Spurs match

Having Charlie Nicholas on Sky Sports Saturday. Him screaming 'yesss' when Arsenal scored yesterday was outrageous. He wasnt even commenting on that game

the amount of arse pundits there are is truly remarkable but I love listening to Tyler, I would watch biathlon if he commentated on it, such great delivery and stats, I've barely heard him say a bad word about us so don't know where u get that from

the amount of arse pundits there are is truly remarkable but I love listening to Tyler, I would watch biathlon if he commentated on it, such great delivery and stats, I've barely heard him say a bad word about us so don't know where u get that from
Martin Tyler? The perfect cure for insomnia.

Not defending them at all, but I would imagine a lot of votes were cast based on Rooney setting a new goals record.

Not defending them at all, but I would imagine a lot of votes were cast based on Rooney setting a new goals record.

plus 5 goals in a successful qualifying campaign, has anybody else really done much more in the competitive fixtures

it's not a ridiculous conclusion

Back