• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Youth Players/On-Loan Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say its looking pretty worrying for Clarke in regard to his loan. First he was on the bench for the two games and did not get used. Now he is not even on the bench. This 5 loan player rule is messing things up. But if this continues you have to wonder what we paid 10m for. We would need to get him out of there and loan him to another team that might use him.

Far to early for that.

He is 18. Only broke through around Christmas last year, playing 791 minutes in total (90 minutes only once).

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jack-clarke/leistungsdaten/spieler/559794/plus/0?saison=2018

He has never been a mainstay in that team. Never been a regular starter. To expect that to have changed over the summer would be a mistake, IMO.

The Championship is 4 games old. There are many more to come. And once the fixtures start piling up players like Clarke will get chances.

And lets be honest, he has far more chance of playing football there than here this season.

To have him training and playing under Biesla this season could prove to be a godsend by the time he comes back.

Far to early for that.

He is 18. Only broke through around Christmas last year, playing 791 minutes in total (90 minutes only once).

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jack-clarke/leistungsdaten/spieler/559794/plus/0?saison=2018

He has never been a mainstay in that team. Never been a regular starter. To expect that to have changed over the summer would be a mistake, IMO.

The Championship is 4 games old. There are many more to come. And once the fixtures start piling up players like Clarke will get chances.

And lets be honest, he has far more chance of playing football there than here this season.

To have him training and playing under Biesla this season could prove to be a godsend by the time he comes back.
You’re being far too patient for a young player there.

I will now adopt the standard board etiquette:-

He’s not good enough!
He’s brick!
He’s had his chance!
I’ve seen enough to know he’ll never make it as a player for us!
League one or two is about his level!
Get rid!

Far to early for that.

And having to fight for a place might be good for him.

50% sell on clause apparently, and he has a rather low release of €15m which surprises me

50% sell-on is good. I heard that we agreed similarly when we flogged GKN, which meant that we were happy with a lower fee - probably the only way we were going to shift him

Given what he's achieved in his career so far, €15m release clause is high (as most of those clauses are)

50% sell-on is good. I heard that we agreed similarly when we flogged GKN, which meant that we were happy with a lower fee - probably the only way we were going to shift him

Given what he's achieved in his career so far, €15m release clause is high (as most of those clauses are)

I dont see any benefit to a low release clause, at all. Only if, perhaps, the player insists upon it and wont sign otherwise (like Toby).

For the club, if they set his release at €100m, it means they control his destiny.

If he turns out rubbish, they can sell him for peanuts. If he turns out great, they have a degree of comfort that other clubs have to negotiate for him rather than just paying the small release...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back