• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Youth Players/On-Loan Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Amos would need to find himself in the Championship team of the year to have a chance of making it here. After the way things have gone against him last season (injury, Skipp moving ahead of him in the queue), it's going to take a massive showing for him to get back into our squad.

I wonder if we do lose both Toby and Verts at the end of the season whether we will get him as a back up, the 4th central defender if you like.

Cant believe that we'll not tie at least one of them down (Verts) for another couple years. That said, CB and RB are looking like our priority areas for the next couple transfer windows

Over this weekend an U19 squad travelled to Germany to take part in the Oberndorf tournament.

The side played three group games; beating RB Leipzig 3-0 and Paris Saint-Germain 2-1 before drawing 0-0 with Danish side FC Midtjylland.

They then beat Liverpool on penalties in the semi final before eventually losing the final to FC Midtjylland in penalties following another 0-0.

Academy defender Brooklyn Lyons-Foster (pictured below from last season) was named defender of the tournament.

67842327_2352631931722661_6645327907524706304_n.jpg

Stolen from the SpursNews facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/SpursNews/

I like the look of him, I feel he's a better prospect than Tanganga who like CCV and Caulker relied on their physical strength at youth level.

I like the look of him, I feel he's a better prospect than Tanganga who like CCV and Caulker relied on their physical strength at youth level.

i do agree with what you say about CCV and Caulker but from what i have seen of Tanganga ( which i admit is very little) he does seem to have more to his game then just physical strength.

i do agree with what you say about CCV and Caulker but from what i have seen of Tanganga ( which i admit is very little) he does seem to have more to his game then just physical strength.

Yes he appears to have more of a game than those two, I've been surprised by both him and Parrot in the friendlies as I thought they were both about a year away from that level. It's very difficult to know which players will mature to first team players but both Lyons-Foster and Skipp had that look of natural footballers when I've seen them at youth level, but I felt the same about Mark Gower and Mark Yeates.

The criticism that I have seen of him at youth level is that he was not as comfortable on the ball and had a more limited range of passing than some of the other players. He's been behind TJ Eyoma in the pecking order mainly and Eyoma got a chance ahead of him in pre-season last year. That said, he has looked very good this pre-season and his passing has looked reasonable.

The criticism that I have seen of him at youth level is that he was not as comfortable on the ball and had a more limited range of passing than some of the other players. He's been behind TJ Eyoma in the pecking order mainly and Eyoma got a chance ahead of him in pre-season last year. That said, he has looked very good this pre-season and his passing has looked reasonable.

Fair enough, i rarely get the chance to watch the youth teams in action so i can only comment on what i have seen this summer.

Does anybody know what the Swansea fans thought of him last season? I've got a couple of Ipswich mates who rated him from his loan there before.

Its a shame he cannot get a loan at a Prem Club. After loans at Ipswich and Swansea he could have done with a loan to a new prem club to show if he can step up. But prem to prem loans are getting less and less these days.

I think that we'll be selling CCV. Evidently there was interest from half the Championship in taking him on loan, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find a buyer.

Why not sell him now then instead of a loan, at the end of the season he will only have 12 months left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back