• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Youth Players/On-Loan Thread 2017/18

Apparently Griffiths put on twitter he is off to Germany. Shame we could not convince him to stay as a first team squad player.

Poch does not really trust youth anymore.

So are all the good young English players. It will come back and bite us when the 2022 world cup winners are all playing for Munich and Dortmund, beating English teams in the CL

He's having a bit of a joke there.
As per the above comment, it's in relation to a tournament in Germany.

At least for now.

I hope it was a cheeky thing by him because he has heard the rumours.

But he wont get any meaningful minutes with us next season so he is probably better off going to Germany where even at 18 next season if he is showing such form in youth games they would give him a chance.

It is sad to see promising players having to leave but good to see more young English players spreading their wings and taking up opportunities abroad.
I don’t know whether Bennetts would have made it through with us under other circumstances, but our youth system is now becoming a victim of our own success. If we were finishing in or around 6th - 10th in the league we might see some more academy players getting a chance. But fighting in those CL spots makes it much harder to give youth a real chance.

It's a shame, although from what I've read in the past, those who watch the youth games more thought he was going to be eventually developed into a fullback.
If we have players lined up for that role (thinking Sessegnon here) then Bennetts would be better off going elsewhere.

It is sad to see promising players having to leave but good to see more young English players spreading their wings and taking up opportunities abroad.
I don’t know whether Bennetts would have made it through with us under other circumstances, but our youth system is now becoming a victim of our own success. If we were finishing in or around 6th - 10th in the league we might see some more academy players getting a chance. But fighting in those CL spots makes it much harder to give youth a real chance.

We should use the league cup for blooding youngsters

I do take blooding youngsters seriously
I know.
But it’s a no win.
Blood youngsters, even if just one or two amongst seasoned players, and Poch is playing a weakened team.
Don’t blood youngsters and he’s not giving youth a chance.

But I agree it’s the best opportunity we have to give young players a chance.

That is a shame. Seeemd all I ever read (earlier this season) on youth reports was "Bennetts steams in from left back like Ryan Sessegnon on Coke, beats his man and scores... again... and again..."

Was getting to the point when i was starting to think he could do what Sessegnon is doing. Think we need to loan players out at a younger age, loved that whole send a few of them off to Yeovil thing we used to do.

Did Spurs win the youth tournament in Germany? The one where Griffiths said "I'm off to Germany" about a week ago

Did Spurs win the youth tournament in Germany? The one where Griffiths said "I'm off to Germany" about a week ago

No came third.

Not sure I would go and play games in Germany they will steal all our players haha.

I do admire the Germans, they dont care about nationality they just want talented players, we have them right under our noses but we go for over priced rubbish instead.

The problem with using young players in League Cup is they are not getting a chance to play in the 1st team, they are playing in the reserves in a cup competition, youngsters need the support of regular starters not blokes who are getting a run out for the purpose of resting stars.

Back