• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Youth Players/On-Loan Thread 2017/18

It would be pretty easy for Poch to give him a spot on the bench as reward for 4 goals and 3 assists in one match against the Goons, and his great scoring record this year.
If we are winning nicely, bring him on.
It's not like the old days of 1 or 2 subs, we have plenty and he could not be worse than Llorente, Sissoko, GKN etc.
Sometimes we get blinded by the intricate brilliance of Lamela/Moura when all we need is some lad to sprint through and scuff it in the goal, simple.

I suspect he feels that he'll break through sooner if he were to move, nothing is confirmed yet though but it does look like he's off.

Sad how we are losing some of our young talented players while playing crap like Llorente, Sissoko and Aurier. Would prefer one of the young strikers, Walker Peters and Onomah were given the chance. We could then use the money saved for one special player.

Hope the club make a big effort to put this across to the young players this summer.

Sad how we are losing some of our young talented players while playing crap like Llorente, Sissoko and Aurier. Would prefer one of the young strikers, Walker Peters and Onomah were given the chance. We could then use the money saved for one special player.

Hope the club make a big effort to put this across to the young players this summer.
The trouble is selling this to our fan base.

Right, fair enough.

I just think if you look on here, in early June even, people are foaming at the mouth for new signings.

Foaming for quality signings yes, but when you do not get them by the time we signed Llorente and Aurier just before the window I think people were just relieved we signed players. But Llorente has been a waste of space while Aurier is yet to impress me apart from the odd game here and there.

But the right combination of top quality and the best of youth is the way forward.

The trouble is selling this to our fan base.

Well come out and explain it to them that this is our philosophy. How the club thinks it is the best way of getting to the top(man u used to have a core group of home grown players) explain that some of the youth players will need patience and encouragement. Dortmund and Ajax both have similar ways of doing it. But with our leagues money and the stadium, explain that we will pay big wages to our established players and try to sign the odd gem.

It might be a hard sell but I think it is our best way of progressing, whenever we deviate from this path we become unstuck.

It would be pretty easy for Poch to give him a spot on the bench as reward for 4 goals and 3 assists in one match against the Goons, and his great scoring record this year.
If we are winning nicely, bring him on.
It's not like the old days of 1 or 2 subs, we have plenty and he could not be worse than Llorente, Sissoko, GKN etc.
Sometimes we get blinded by the intricate brilliance of Lamela/Moura when all we need is some lad to sprint through and scuff it in the goal, simple.
This statement always makes me laugh. There is a HUGE difference between youth football and first team football. An under 19 team would get comprehensively beaten by a Conference team. Remember also that the Arsenal team that our under 19s were facing was a younger team than normal with them no doubt protecting the team that will be playing the FA Youth Cup final against Chelsea.

Rashford did alright when he got given the chance, lingerard to and I saw him at Brighton and he was ok.

We need to get them out on loan for a year at 18 so they get used to mens football, then the following pre season remind them of their years of high skilled youth coaching and put them in the first team at 19/20. Wish we were more like Germany where we gave them a chance.

This statement always makes me laugh. There is a HUGE difference between youth football and first team football. An under 19 team would get comprehensively beaten by a Conference team. Remember also that the Arsenal team that our under 19s were facing was a younger team than normal with them no doubt protecting the team that will be playing the FA Youth Cup final against Chelsea.
You never know. Lots of kids are not good at football, lots of kids are good at football. Llorente, Sissoko and GKN did zero for Spurs, this lad may do >0. He might even be a goal threat.

I suspect he feels that he'll break through sooner if he were to move, nothing is confirmed yet though but it does look like he's off.

It's not the most neutral of indicators, but I've been observing his recent social media output and there's been a fair bit of positive Spurs related stuff that he's retweeting from people, including messages about working hard and breaking through at Spurs. So going beyond what may be normally expected.

Apparently Griffiths put on twitter he is off to Germany. Shame we could not convince him to stay as a first team squad player.

Poch does not really trust youth anymore.

Back