• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Youth Players/On-Loan Thread 2017/18

A bit like teaching them to pass exams rather than teaching them to become better educated

BINGO!!!!!

Their so dominant they don't realise their crap

Sounds daft but they have no flex and their almost programmed to play a certain way which is great of aligned to brains and vision but I've yet to see that

I'm sure their kids have the instincts play the right way but you don't always develop that side when you can win using easier ways

Two players stood out for me from their side McCreachran and Bamford... neither will make it but both were hyped up beyond belief (more So for the former) but are now championship players at best

The U21s won a tournament in France this weekend.

G1: 1-0 vs PSG (Harrison)
G2: 1-0 vs Guingamp (Duncan)
G3: 2-0 vs Lorient (Loft + Harrison)
F: 2-2(5-4 on pens) vs Standard Liege (Harrison + Tracey)

Thats good. IIRC, a few years back (the Mason/Townsend generation) used to win these tournaments all the time. Maybe we have a half decent group coming through? Bennetts and Stirling get mentioned a lot

What has happened with the Japanese kid we had coming through our youth setup and also I seem to remember someone saying a few years ago we had the only German youth player in our setup not in a German league team.

I think you mean Cy Goddard. Did he cut ties with the club this summer? I thought he had, but he's on the official site still.

Any thoughts on him yoof?

He's a bit Townsend-ish (left-footed, fairly quick, decent dribbler but also inconsistent and often frustrating). It's interesting that he won player of the tournament as he was playing LB so they might be thinking that his future is there rather than at LW where he's typically always played.

He's a bit Townsend-ish (left-footed, fairly quick, decent dribbler but also inconsistent and often frustrating). It's interesting that he won player of the tournament as he was playing LB so they might be thinking that his future is there rather than at LW where he's typically always played.

Like a reverse Bale.

Cheers JM. Georgiou is 'old' for a youth, about 20 i think. I suspect this season could make or break his career at Spurs.

Of course, I don't think he should start v Juve, we should start with as close to the team v Toon as possible. But in the second half I think it would be good to see him.

I think you mean Cy Goddard. Did he cut ties with the club this summer? I thought he had, but he's on the official site still.

No longer pictured on the official site, so has definitely been released.

Was on trial with Yokohama FC a couple of weeks ago, but dont know if he did enough to earn a contract with them.

No longer pictured on the official site, so has definitely been released.

Was on trial with Yokohama FC a couple of weeks ago, but dont know if he did enough to earn a contract with them.

He was offered a new deal but decided to leave.

Just a bit of an age gap between the two sides tonight:
Sunderland - Ruiter(30); Love(22), Beadling(21), Djilobodji(28), Oviedo(27); Embleton(18), Robson(20), Rodwell(26); Nelson(19), Diamond(17); Gooch(21)

Tottenham - Austin(18); Eyoma(17), Maghoma(19), Tanganga(18), Brown(18); Skipp(16), Duncan(18), Pritchard(20); Tracey(19), Miller(21); Sterling(18)

Sterling got our goal and Edwards came on for the final 15 mins.

I see the U18's ran out 4-0 winners against their Norwich counterparts. Scott Parker was praising our goalkeeper in the post match interview on the website.

Back