• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2016-17

Amos, Lesniak, Miller and Sterling travel with the seniors for the end of season tinkle-up in Lan Kwai Fong. Dentist chair ahoy

Amos, Lesniak, Miller and Sterling travel with the seniors for the end of season tinkle-up in Lan Kwai Fong. Dentist chair ahoy

Good for Sterling to be going. If I'm right, he's only 18 whereas the others mentioned there are 20 or 21

Good for Sterling to be going. If I'm right, he's only 18 whereas the others mentioned there are 20 or 21

Sterling is a second year, so yes, from the U18s rather than the U21s like the other three.

Potentially damning for Shayon Harrison (unless he is injured), who is the more senior CF.

Do we know that Edwards is definitely injured or is the club entering into a Solanke like stand off with him where he won't see any senior football until he sign's??

Edwards is fit. He's gone to a tournament in Germany with the U18s

DAmNrfAWsAAHbZ6.jpg

It seems like there's a constant battle with Edwards, I've got a bad feeling about it. Whose advising him, surely there's no better place to be in this country if you're a young player trying to break through? We've shown that contract improvements are pretty rapid and multiple if you perform well.

My bad feeling is just that, a feeling, not based on anything other than there's this constant stand off between player and club. Would be gutted if he did move.

There's also some misunderstandings with Edwards about what he can sign. Because of his age (he's several year's younger than Winks, Onomah and 2CV), he's not been allowed under FA rules to sign a longer deal so far.

Watching England U20's, Onomah is just strolling around like he's on holiday. KWP doing well but he's had some poor passes to him.

Watching England U20's, Onomah is just strolling around like he's on holiday. KWP doing well but he's had some poor passes to him.
Agree Onomah can look very languid at times but looks can be deceptive.

Missed most of the first half but what I saw of him in the second I thought he looked pretty impressive tbh. Dominated the centre of the park, won most of his challenges and sprayed intelligent passes out to both flanks. On top of that he had some really good runs out of defence setting up Lookman (three times) and Ejaria, all four of which led to great scoring chances.

Last edited:
There's also some misunderstandings with Edwards about what he can sign. Because of his age (he's several year's younger than Winks, Onomah and 2CV), he's not been allowed under FA rules to sign a longer deal so far.

He's 18 now so can sign any length deal, it's likely Spurs have will offered a three or four year contract but he's probably pushing for two years, or none at all.

Agree Onomah can look very languid at times but looks can be deceptive.

Missed most of the first half but what I saw of him in the second I thought he looked pretty impressive tbh. Dominated the centre of the park, won most of his challenges and sprayed intelligent passes out to both flanks. On top of that he had some really good runs out of defence setting up Lookman (three times) and Ejaria, all four of which led to great scoring chances.

Yes he improved massively in the second half, I like the look of the Everton boy Dowell. It was a good game, at times England looked good but like a lot of young players their decision making was poor when they got near goal.

Loving the commentary on the U20 match vs South Korea. So far the commentator has confused Onomah with Maitland-Niles and Ejaria, whilst confusing KWP with Tomori. I also didn't know that Onomah hadn't made a league appearance for us o_O.

Anyways, I thought Onomah showed that there's enough there for us to keep faith with. He was quiet at times, but shone at the start of the first half when he was asked to played somewhere between the DM and offensive midfielder's. After we went 1-0 up he dropped back and was quiet again. He still tackles like a forward; more often dangling a leg out and hoping for the best than decisively nipping in, but he read the play well, looked for where Korea could hurt us and moved there. I wouldn't be suprised if he had the most interception's on the night bar perhaps Fry at CB.

KWP was decent. He was always looking to cut in, which is a problem inherent with playing on the wrong flank. He lost the ball a few times, but kept running all night, overlapping his winger.

As for the rest of them, I thought Ejaria had a decent first half but was guilty in the second of overcomplicating things. Fry was the better CB, whilst only Calvert Lewin impressed me up top (and that was only in the first half). Kenny was frustrating, one minute miscontrolling easy passes and making a few dodgy ones of his own,then the next running past 2 players and creating something out of nothing with just his pace and will power. Dowell despite getting the goal hardly featured all night, just like Solanke. Ojo actually looked more effective than Lookman, but then Lookman was greedy all night.

Back