• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2016-17

This kid is the real deal. i was unsure whether we should go for him when he left Watford but he has been unreal since then. i would actually rate him above Edwards atm.
#

Where did you see Sancho while he was at Watford? He was only 14 when he left.

Where did you see Sancho while he was at Watford? He was only 14 when he left.

I have only seen him in the England youth teams but what I have seen is enough, I would go all out to sign him and sessegnon this summer. I would prefer walker stay but if he goes getting sancho as part of a deal then it would not hurt so much.

What are your views on him @Yoof I really value your opinion.

I have only seen him in the England youth teams but what I have seen is enough, I would go all out to sign him and sessegnon this summer. I would prefer walker stay but if he goes getting sancho as part of a deal then it would not hurt so much.

What are your views on him @Yoof I really value your opinion.

Sancho is very good in pretty much all areas, technically and physically superb but vitally he has a brain to go with it. There are times where he can be frustratingly immature in some of his play but obviously that's to be expected to some degree given he's 17. Talk of signing him is pointless though, he's just signed a massive contract and City would never let him go. England have a lot of talent coming through but who knows whether they'll get the chances they need.

The U23s finished the season with a 3-2 loss at Old Trafford, a good performance on the whole but we weren't clinical enough in the final third. Marcus Edwards didn't play, maybe because he'll be involved with the 1st team but I think it might've been because he's injured again, annoyingly.

Oh yeah, forgot to add that we stayed up, just about. So no more serious relegation fears ;)

Last edited:
The U23s finished the season with a 3-2 loss at Old Trafford, a good performance on the whole but we weren't clinical enough in the final third. Marcus Edwards didn't play, maybe because he'll be involved with the 1st team but I think it might've been because he's injured again, annoyingly.

Oh yeah, forgot to add that we stayed up, just about. So no more serious relegation fears ;)
Hopefully it's the former and he's going to start on Thursday!

just saw Tashan Oakley Boothe being carried off on a stretcher for England....apparently the game was stopped for 15 mins whilst he received treatment. No idea atm what the injury is, but it looks serious

just saw Tashan Oakley Boothe being carried off on a stretcher for England....apparently the game was stopped for 15 mins whilst he received treatment. No idea atm what the injury is, but it looks serious

The ball span over him, he went to turn but basically went straight into an elbow and was knocked out cold. Looked a serious one, just hope he's ok.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/england-u17-tottenham-star-tashan-10435068

This is worrying

Tashan-Oakley-Boothe-is-taken-off-with-an-oxygen-mask-on-after-his-collision-during-the-England-U17.jpg

The ball span over him, he went to turn but basically went straight into an elbow and was knocked out cold. Looked a serious one, just hope he's ok.
Thanks. I missed the incident and the foreign TV channel I briefly caught the game on didnt show any replays. Good to hear he is conscious

I wonder if the Chelski forum have a thread like this. Must be a long one.

Unless they have a players on loan sub forum.

Sounds strange considering England won 3-0 but they spent most of the game defending. Onomah was ok and did a disciplined job but struggled to impose/express himself, went off late on with an injury but think it might've just been cramp.

The England centre backs look good, but how they won 3-0 I'll never know Argentina were by far the better team, I didn't think Onomah play well, looked slow and lacking in any energy.

I just watched the game, I can't believe England got a win from that. I don't think Onomah was too bad, he wasn't great, but then no-one in that team was. There were a couple of Dembele-esque moments from him as he held off 1-2 players before releasing the ball and he made some good interception's.

My personal gripe was that the 442 the coach had them set up in did England no favours. The early possession phases we had that ended up going long usually had a lot to do with there being no forward option's for the two CB's and two CM's to pass to. The wingers and Solanke didn't really offer a great deal, whilst Armstrong was looking to run in behind. Defensively Onomah, got better but he still switched off all too often. He did look indecisive about stepping up and a second late in reacting, but when he did step out, not one of the attackers fell in alongside the #4 for England.

Luka Amos, Filip Lesniak, Will Miller and Kazaiah Sterling are in the 1st team squad for the game in Hong Kong.

Back