• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2016-17

Is the game done? How did the lads do?
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new...a-fa-youth-cup-first-leg-match-report-140317/

It was tough going because they came at us from the off all arms and legs and dominated most of the game but we fought like tigers to stay in it and keep the score respectable.

Brandon Austin in goal was our MotM, he brought off a series of superb saves to keep us in it. But he stood no chance with either of their goals.

Other Spurs players to catch the eye were Bennetts down the left flank and striker Kasaia Sterling who scored a late consolation with an excellently-placed shot from 12 yards down to the goalie's left corner.

Deep into the second half Tanganga went on an eye-catching run from deep right through into their box only to end up getting the ball tangled under his feet as he attempted his shot.

We'll have our work cut out for the return leg at Stamford Bridge at the w/end but at least our youngsters showed they have plenty of fight and resolve in them so we have a chance.

The guy is turning out to be a big disappointment attitude wise when is comes to Spurs.
My hero is turning into a toadie Chelsea ass licker IMHO an even worse pundit.
Much as it hurts to say so I tend to agree. TBF his analysis can be perceptive but I find his condescending tone a tad irksome at times.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new...a-fa-youth-cup-first-leg-match-report-140317/

It was tough going because they came at us from the off all arms and legs and dominated most of the game but we fought like tigers to stay in it and keep the score respectable.

Brandon Austin in goal was our MotM, he brought off a series of superb saves to keep us in it. But he stood no chance with either of their goals.

Other Spurs players to catch the eye were Bennetts down the left flank and striker Kasaia Sterling who scored a late consolation with an excellently-placed shot from 12 yards down to the goalie's left corner.

Deep into the second half Tanganga went on an eye-catching run from deep right through into their box only to end up getting the ball tangled under his feet as he attempted his shot.

We'll have our work cut out for the return leg at Stamford Bridge at the w/end but at least our youngsters showed they have plenty of fight and resolve in them so we have a chance.

Thanks. I'm not dispirited by the result - quite the opposite, I'm happy these lads are playing games as competitive as this one evidently was at this level.

I did and it's in a previous version of this thread as proof! Having said that, I was also convinced Adam Smith was special and Alex pritchard

See, that's why I covered my bases by saying ' the majority of us', because I knew there would be *some* footballing Nostradamus here who saw it coming. Props to you, mate. ;) As for overrating youth players, yeah, I thought O'Hara was all set to become a grittier, more dynamic version of Jenas after 07/08 - a sort of high-grade blend of Modric and Palacios. look how that turned out.

Who was our number 3 at left back he looked pretty good, keeper was good but needs to work massively on his kicking.

Was sad the were not more there tonight. Am now on a very slow train home.

We were clearly 2nd best for almost all of the match but improved with the substitutions in the 2nd half. Our keeper kept us in the game in the 2nd half and was clearly man of the match but his kicking needs to improve, Was also very impressed by our no. 6, Tanganga I think and the left back Tsaroulla was also steady (although my view might be influenced as his family were sitting behind me.

Of the rest Bennetts had some nice touches and clearly has pace and a good left foot while Sterling impressed when he started to get service in the 2nd half. I also liked the no.12 Jack Roles who certainly showed pace and enthusiasm when he came on.

Don't really fancy our chances at Stamford Bridge though, although having a ref that notices the frequent niggly Chelsea challenges might help

See, that's why I covered my bases by saying ' the majority of us', because I knew there would be *some* footballing Nostradamus here who saw it coming. Props to you, mate. ;) As for overrating youth players, yeah, I thought O'Hara was all set to become a grittier, more dynamic version of Jenas after 07/08 - a sort of high-grade blend of Modric and Palacios. look how that turned out.

I try to go to the odd youth game. I've been lucky enough to see a few future premier league stars. I loved how vocal and assured pritchard always was, I thought he was a future captain for us. I still think he's got bags of talent, but talent alone isn't enough.

Kane seemed to have time in a frantic game, and that's because his football brain was way ahead of his teammates and opponents

If you ever get the chance you should definitely go. They're free to attend when they're at our training ground, and there's generally only a handful of people there watching

We were clearly 2nd best for almost all of the match but improved with the substitutions in the 2nd half. Our keeper kept us in the game in the 2nd half and was clearly man of the match but his kicking needs to improve, Was also very impressed by our no. 6, Tanganga I think and the left back Tsaroulla was also steady (although my view might be influenced as his family were sitting behind me.

Of the rest Bennetts had some nice touches and clearly has pace and a good left foot while Sterling impressed when he started to get service in the 2nd half. I also liked the no.12 Jack Roles who certainly showed pace and enthusiasm when he came on.

Don't really fancy our chances at Stamford Bridge though, although having a ref that notices the frequent niggly Chelsea challenges might help

Ha they were sat right next to me, kept on all match, except for the ones who left at half time. To be honest if my lad ever played at the lane I would do the same. To be fair the left back had a good game. I thought whoever was our captain tonight was poor but it might be because we were so much smaller then Chelsea and were just getting over run.

Ha they were sat right next to me, kept on all match, except for the ones who left at half time. To be honest if my lad ever played at the lane I would do the same. To be fair the left back had a good game. I thought whoever was our captain tonight was poor but it might be because we were so much smaller then Chelsea and were just getting over run.

Yes and Jack Roles family were very vocal when he came on as sub, singing special songs for him. Great to see and must really help the lads who would be nervous playing their first game at White Hart Lane

I thought it was interesting that Calum Butcher turned up for Millwall on Sunday. I'd lost track of him after he moved up to Scotland.

For me he was always the standout defender in the Smith-Butcher-Caulker-Cox back 4 of our famous class of 2009 (the side that contained Rose, Townsend, Mason, Bostock, Parrett etc). He was a bit on the small side for a centre back, but he had a real defender's brain. Glad to see he's made a professional career for himself anyway

I really expected Darren Caskey and Kevin Watson to make it as well, although both had reasonably successful careers in the lower leagues. Going back further I thought Jimmy Pearce in the late 60s and early 70s had fantastic skill and was convinced he could play for England. Sadly his career was ended by injury.

I really expected Darren Caskey and Kevin Watson to make it as well, although both had reasonably successful careers in the lower leagues. Going back further I thought Jimmy Pearce in the late 60s and early 70s had fantastic skill and was convinced he could play for England. Sadly his career was ended by injury.

Yeah I thought he was a great talent, had great techinque with powerful shot along with Keith Weller.

It looks like Standard Liege are going to be pretty strong in a couple of years time

Back