• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2016-17

From what I've seen of him, I'm not sure Harrison will ever make it but like the other three

What is Amos like as a player? For some reason, I related him with the underperforming u21 group and didn't realize that he was so highly rated.

What is Amos like as a player? For some reason, I related him with the underperforming u21 group and didn't realize that he was so highly rated.

Defensive midfielder, tenacious and good technically. He didn't have the best of seasons but that was largely down to him being used at left back(he's right-footed). I still have hopes for him and had been told previously that Poch likes him - he has that same aggressive/almost nasty side to his game that a lot of the first team players have like Rose, Dier, Lamela etc.

Well! Marcus Edwards doesn't seem to be shy when he plays with the seniors;

Our substitute stopper Tom Glover was largely a spectator in the closing moments as we pushed the Millers back and our control of the game told on 82 minutes when forward Shayon Harrison, on for Janssen and having gone close moments earlier, slotted home from close range after good work on the right side of the box by Edwards.

The latter capped things off three minutes from time by adding his own name to the scoresheet, impressively winning the ball back close to the byline, turning away from the nearest defender and firing high into the net from a tight angle.

Defensive midfielder, tenacious and good technically. He didn't have the best of seasons but that was largely down to him being used at left back(he's right-footed). I still have hopes for him and had been told previously that Poch likes him - he has that same aggressive/almost nasty side to his game that a lot of the first team players have like Rose, Dier, Lamela etc.

Thanks! Sounds like one to watch.

England Under-19s' Euro dreams ended by Italy in semi-final
http://www.thefa.com/news/england/development/2016/jul/italy-report-210716

Both Onomah and KWP played the full 90, Josh earning this brief but positive mention in the above report (save you having to read it all the way through):

With time running out, England created another good chance as Josh Onomah broke forward before picking out Brown to his left but his first-time shot sailed high and wide as hope began to fade.

From looking online it seems that Onomah got a lot praise from fans for his performance.

He was certainly England's best player, especially 2nd half he was driving the team forward and working hard to win it back, hopefully his performances at CM encourage Poch to start taking a look at him there. KWP also did reasonably well getting forward from left back, put in a couple of good balls but naturally he always wanted to get it onto his right.

54:10 - Around about then was a moment of great skill from Onomah, perfectly illustrating what he can do.

I found it weird that after England conceded the second we placed even more importance on Rossiter whilst Onomah seemed to be instructed to stay further upfield. He had little influence in that area for a good 10 minutes, but the game did become a case of attack and defend. I still think that defending he's got a lot to learn, but he impressed me more against Italy than any other game. He did look absolutely shattered though.

Yeovil Town's first team drew 1-1 against a Tottenham Hotspur Under-21 side this afternoon. The Glovers were playing a behind closed door game at Hotspur Way at the end of a week they've spent in South Wales, and they took the lead 40 minutes into the match when former Barnsley winger Otis Khan got his first goal since his summer move to Huish Park. Spurs equalised 83 minutes into the match when Shilow Tracey broke down the right flank and found Ryan Loft who scored from inside the box.

A question for you @Yoof;

If we were to sell Bentaleb, Mason and Carroll tomorrow, who would be your new fourth choice CM? Onomah or Winks?

I have a preference for Winks. He's part of the reason I would prefer to see Onomah used further up the pitch. I think he's an industrious player who isn't frightened of collecting the ball with his back to the opposition. He seems to see the bigger picture and waits for the right moment to release the ball and also has the ability to play his way out of tight situations. He's also had a year as the understudy to the first team XI in that role, which can only help.

A question for you @Yoof;

If we were to sell Bentaleb, Mason and Carroll tomorrow, who would be your new fourth choice CM? Onomah or Winks?

I have a preference for Winks. He's part of the reason I would prefer to see Onomah used further up the pitch. I think he's an industrious player who isn't frightened of collecting the ball with his back to the opposition. He seems to see the bigger picture and waits for the right moment to release the ball and also has the ability to play his way out of tight situations. He's also had a year as the understudy to the first team XI in that role, which can only help.

I think Winks is the safer/more logical choice, he's a little bit ahead of Onomah in terms of awareness/positioning and knowing when not to over-do it. I expect most managers would pick Winks but I think the pay-off with Onomah if it works is higher. As you know I'm not a fan of him playing further forward, for me it just strips him of his biggest strengths but I can understand why Poch would be reluctant to use him deeper as it's such a demanding position.

By the way, Nya Kirby - the kid who left us for Chelsea - well he's now at the Goons .. :oops:

I think Winks is the safer/more logical choice, he's a little bit ahead of Onomah in terms of awareness/positioning and knowing when not to over-do it. I expect most managers would pick Winks but I think the pay-off with Onomah if it works is higher. As you know I'm not a fan of him playing further forward, for me it just strips him of his biggest strengths but I can understand why Poch would be reluctant to use him deeper as it's such a demanding position.

So either way, he needs to basically pick a position and dedicate himself to it? A 433 with the pair of them acting as a pair of #8's perhaps?

Back