• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former Spurs youth players Kevin Stewart and Lawrence Vigouroux have joined Swindon on loan from Liverpool together with a third Liverpool kid, Jordan Williams.

They took our loan club!!

tumblr_ljk3b2JsLH1qfb3tu.png

But, but, I thought that was all sherwoods doing, he's the loan to Swindon man isn't he?

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/ac-milan-mauricio-verdict-050815/
“We have a young squad and a lot of talent,” said Mauricio. “This is how the club works and we have to recognise the work of all the staff, John McDermott (Academy Manager) and the coaches with him because this is our identity.

“We need to believe in these players, they need time, they need love, sometimes we need to be strong with them. We believe in this way.

Nice to hear. Maybe now Poch is more familiar with the setup and the players we have we'll see more youngsters getting game time next season.

Naturally we have a few Cypriot (ethnically) players in the squad. They can always change their minds later on in their careers if they want.

Naturally we have a few Cypriot (ethnically) players in the squad. They can always change their minds later on in their careers if they want.

Not least, Marcus Edwards.

Thankfully, though, England haven't been as slow off the mark with him as they have been with Cameron Carter Vickers.

Will be interesting to see what happens to Roles' international future if he lives up to the potential he showed for the U16's last season.

Didn't know his mum was Cypriot. He was very close to my nephew (who has told me some stories) so will ask him.

RANGERS are closing in on a deal to sign Spurs striker Nathan Oduwa on a season-long loan.

SunSport can reveal the 19-year-old frontman has been targeted by Gers gaffer Mark Warburton.

Pritchard done well working under Warburton too so if we think he's a good influence on our players I'm all for it

Pochettino discusses his plans for Tottenham’s young stars

Mauricio Pochettino says all of the Tottenham youngsters who were involved in the Audi Cup will be part of his first-team squad this season – and he has no fears about a lack of experience in the camp.

Dele Alli, Harry Winks, Josh Onomah, Tom Carroll and goalkeeper Luke McGee all took their chances to impress at this week’s tournament in Munich, as Spurs faced Real Madrid on Tuesday before taking on AC Milan on Wednesday.

Given their lack of playing time in the Premier League, it was expected that some of those junior talents might be loaned out for the upcoming campaign – but Pochettino intends to keep them all at White Hart Lane.

“Yes the main young group of younger players will stay with us,” he said. “We also have [Alex] Pritchard, who was injured during our pre-season. He is nearly ready to come back and start to train with us. It was a shame because we expect a lot from him but he was injured through all of pre-season.

“We have a lot of young players that we need to help, because we have the space now for them to train with us.”

New signing Alli was particularly impressive against Madrid, nutmegging former Spurs midfielder Luka Modric. And, even thought the 19-year-old’s last league game was in the third tier of the national pyramid with MK Dons, he may well be involved against Manchester United at Old Trafford tomorrow.

Asked if Alli would be part of the matchday squad, Pochettino said: “Yes, maybe yes. He is very young and his potential is big and that’s why we signed him.

“We always have to be careful with young players as pre-season is not the same as the Premier League, but we are happy with all our young players here.

“The idea is to keep him here and provide him with a different environment to last season at Milton Keynes, and to try to develop his quality.”

Tottenham had the youngest squad in the top flight last season, with their starting XI having an average age of 24 years and 287 days.

With a fresh batch of young players set to be involved this term, their squad appears to be getting even younger – but Pochettino has no fears about a lack of experience in his group.

“Today the balance I think is perfect,” he said. “If we add some more players with experience of the Premier League, maybe, then I think it’s perfect.

“We have data and our experience after last season. I think we have a very good squad, a very good [age] balance, only now we need time to show it and deliver our football.

“It’s our philosophy. The club decide our philosophy and I am part of it and we share the same philosophy. I’m very happy and I think this is a different way than [other clubs] do things.

“I think this is an exciting time for us. We have the construction ahead to build the new stadium, and to settle a lot of young players for the future will be important.

“Our dream is for these types of players, the young players, maybe in the future when we arrive at the new stadium to try to achieve something important for the club.

“That is what happened at Barcelona when players like Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and company arrived to play in the first team and won all the titles.

“I think for our supporters they are happy for someone like Harry Kane to represent our identity, and the people like that. We need to keep our identity. Harry has shown his quality for a long time and deserves to play. I enjoy it and the club enjoy young players doing well.”

http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/sport/foot...s_plans_for_tottenham_s_young_stars_1_4185734

Pochettino discusses his plans for Tottenham’s young stars

Mauricio Pochettino says all of the Tottenham youngsters who were involved in the Audi Cup will be part of his first-team squad this season – and he has no fears about a lack of experience in the camp.

Dele Alli, Harry Winks, Josh Onomah, Tom Carroll and goalkeeper Luke McGee all took their chances to impress at this week’s tournament in Munich, as Spurs faced Real Madrid on Tuesday before taking on AC Milan on Wednesday.

Given their lack of playing time in the Premier League, it was expected that some of those junior talents might be loaned out for the upcoming campaign – but Pochettino intends to keep them all at White Hart Lane.

“Yes the main young group of younger players will stay with us,” he said. “We also have [Alex] Pritchard, who was injured during our pre-season. He is nearly ready to come back and start to train with us. It was a shame because we expect a lot from him but he was injured through all of pre-season.

“We have a lot of young players that we need to help, because we have the space now for them to train with us.”

New signing Alli was particularly impressive against Madrid, nutmegging former Spurs midfielder Luka Modric. And, even thought the 19-year-old’s last league game was in the third tier of the national pyramid with MK Dons, he may well be involved against Manchester United at Old Trafford tomorrow.

Asked if Alli would be part of the matchday squad, Pochettino said: “Yes, maybe yes. He is very young and his potential is big and that’s why we signed him.

“We always have to be careful with young players as pre-season is not the same as the Premier League, but we are happy with all our young players here.

“The idea is to keep him here and provide him with a different environment to last season at Milton Keynes, and to try to develop his quality.”

Tottenham had the youngest squad in the top flight last season, with their starting XI having an average age of 24 years and 287 days.

With a fresh batch of young players set to be involved this term, their squad appears to be getting even younger – but Pochettino has no fears about a lack of experience in his group.

“Today the balance I think is perfect,” he said. “If we add some more players with experience of the Premier League, maybe, then I think it’s perfect.

“We have data and our experience after last season. I think we have a very good squad, a very good [age] balance, only now we need time to show it and deliver our football.

“It’s our philosophy. The club decide our philosophy and I am part of it and we share the same philosophy. I’m very happy and I think this is a different way than [other clubs] do things.

“I think this is an exciting time for us. We have the construction ahead to build the new stadium, and to settle a lot of young players for the future will be important.

“Our dream is for these types of players, the young players, maybe in the future when we arrive at the new stadium to try to achieve something important for the club.

“That is what happened at Barcelona when players like Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and company arrived to play in the first team and won all the titles.

“I think for our supporters they are happy for someone like Harry Kane to represent our identity, and the people like that. We need to keep our identity. Harry has shown his quality for a long time and deserves to play. I enjoy it and the club enjoy young players doing well.”

http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/sport/foot...s_plans_for_tottenham_s_young_stars_1_4185734

This makes me very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back