• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very much like old youth football big strong teams win. African teams a lot more athletic and stronger, don't often see Barca finish 8th in a youth comp.

Didn't Warburton help set the whole NextGen thing up? Read somewhere that he was involved in a major way, before UEFA came along, stole his idea and implemented it with CL clubs only. :p

Him and some tv producer. The current Brentford owner was a backer.

Hmm. And I presume he found Ball, Oduwa and Pritchard through the NextGen tournament as well, and thus took 'em on loan at Brentford and now Rangers. He's quite connected to our youth set-up; maybe a prominent role at the club isn't all that unlikely in the years to come.

Hmm. And I presume he found Ball, Oduwa and Pritchard through the NextGen tournament as well, and thus took 'em on loan at Brentford and now Rangers. He's quite connected to our youth set-up; maybe a prominent role at the club isn't all that unlikely in the years to come.

Those and a bunch more. Liverpool's Rossiter played in it as a 15-year old and is now at Rangers.

Nathan Oduwa is refusing to sign a new contract at Tottenham and is hoping to impress a new club at the Olympic Games with Nigeria this summer, Sky sources understand.

Spurs triggered the option to extend his current deal until 2017 earlier this year, after the youngster impressed on loan at Rangers, but he is stalling over new terms amid interest from clubs in Spain.

Oduwa has been urged by his agent to sign the new three-year contract, which was offered by Spurs last September, but the player and his family believe he could be playing and earning more elsewhere and hope a new club will attempt to sign him after the Games.

Nathan Oduwa is refusing to sign a new contract at Tottenham and is hoping to impress a new club at the Olympic Games with Nigeria this summer, Sky sources understand.

Spurs triggered the option to extend his current deal until 2017 earlier this year, after the youngster impressed on loan at Rangers, but he is stalling over new terms amid interest from clubs in Spain.

Oduwa has been urged by his agent to sign the new three-year contract, which was offered by Spurs last September, but the player and his family believe he could be playing and earning more elsewhere and hope a new club will attempt to sign him after the Games.

Good luck with that then, his attitude clearly stinks and his family are obviously after a quick pay day. fudge him off out of it i say.

I have always thought he would be our next manager, either him or Howe.

I thought he was great in the pre-season and was disappointed that he didn't go to the USA with the first team. SInce then though his progress has been disappointing.

I think it's quite telling that Warburton played Oduwa less and less towards Christmas and when the loan ended early it had little bearing on their campaign. Yes they did have a new player lined up, but if he was as good as he thinks and was applying himself then Warburton wouldn't have felt the need to go shopping.

I don't believe that the coach of his second loan club had much positive to say about him in the one interview I did see him give. “There’s a big difference between looking like a player and being a player and that’s what he’s got to learn,” was the quote.

I thought he was great in the pre-season and was disappointed that he didn't go to the USA with the first team. SInce then though his progress has been disappointing.

I think it's quite telling that Warburton played Oduwa less and less towards Christmas and when the loan ended early it had little bearing on their campaign. Yes they did have a new player lined up, but if he was as good as he thinks and was applying himself then Warburton wouldn't have felt the need to go shopping.

I don't believe that the coach of his second loan club had much positive to say about him in the one interview I did see him give. “There’s a big difference between looking like a player and being a player and that’s what he’s got to learn,” was the quote.
He has lots of talent on the ball but is a hell of a long way to becoming a professional footballer at any level. He is a player that plays the game for himself first and foremost instead of playing for the team. He has a huge amount of natural talent to work with, but the player has to want to listen and learn.

He has lots of talent on the ball but is a hell of a long way to becoming a professional footballer at any level. He is a player that plays the game for himself first and foremost instead of playing for the team. He has a huge amount of natural talent to work with, but the player has to want to listen and learn.

In your opinion how does he compare to Taraabt back when he was a similar age?

In your opinion how does he compare to Taraabt back when he was a similar age?
Taraabt was probably closer to being a footballer than Oduwa.... Taraabt could spot a pass and also knew how to take up the right positions - the problem was that he often wouldn't choose to do so. Taraabt played with a belief that he was better than everybody else on the pitch so his teammates should just pass it to him and not expect him to have to do any work off the ball. Then once his teammates had passed to himt hey shouldn't expect him to give the ball back as he was clearly better than them. I don't think Oduwa has the same personality flaw that Taraabt has, but unlike Taraabt I don't think he can spot the pass or knows how to take up the right positions. That's just my opinion though, Oduwa clearly has an abundance of skill and he also has good physical attributes. I don't see him as having the rest of what is required, but I have been wrong a thousand times before.

Taraabt was probably closer to being a footballer than Oduwa.... Taraabt could spot a pass and also knew how to take up the right positions - the problem was that he often wouldn't choose to do so. Taraabt played with a belief that he was better than everybody else on the pitch so his teammates should just pass it to him and not expect him to have to do any work off the ball. Then once his teammates had passed to himt hey shouldn't expect him to give the ball back as he was clearly better than them. I don't think Oduwa has the same personality flaw that Taraabt has, but unlike Taraabt I don't think he can spot the pass or knows how to take up the right positions. That's just my opinion though, Oduwa clearly has an abundance of skill and he also has good physical attributes. I don't see him as having the rest of what is required, but I have been wrong a thousand times before.

Thanks. How would you compare him to Townsend at the same age/stage?

I wouldnt criticise Oduwa until we know what terms Spurs were offering him. Dont forget that he wasnt protected in Scottish football which is something that is documented on this forum.

Not sure if it's been mentioned on here already (didn't see it int he past couple of pages) but Glasgow Rangers are trying to get Grant Ward on loan from us for next season.

Good luck with that then, his attitude clearly stinks and his family are obviously after a quick pay day. fudge him off out of it i say.

I don't think that's fair. He's not going to break into the Spurs squad anytime soon and at 20 years old he really needs to start playing consistent football so why shouldn't he be looking to move on. His loans so far have been more miss than hit so maybe starting afresh elsewhere is what's best for him rather than being stuck in an endless cycle of loans and u21s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back