• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
U21 squad for the France tourney on Fri/Sat:

Voss (GK), Whiteman (GK), Amos, Azzaoui, Ball, Carter-Vickers, Goddard, Hall, Harrison, Maghoma, McEvoy, Oduwa, Ogilvie, Sonupe, Sterling, Veljkovic, Walker-Peters, Walkes.

Interesting squad. Veljkovic no closer to 1st team consideration then and KWP/CCV/Oduwa have all dropped down, which means Winks and Onomah go to the US. Two 1st year scholars there as well in Whiteman and Sterling, the latter now seemingly seen as a regular at u21 level. I don't know why we still have Hall tbh, I thought we'd have released him by now and him taking game time from Maghoma doesn't really make any sense.
From the above it looks as though they are taking a strong squad to France and looking to win the tournament. Is Hall the one who was on loan to Coventry last season? If so then I don't think it would make sense to release him as he would probably fetch a transfer fee.

From the above it looks as though they are taking a strong squad to France and looking to win the tournament. Is Hall the one who was on loan to Coventry last season? If so then I don't think it would make sense to release him as he would probably fetch a transfer fee.

He was at Blackpool, any fee would be minimal I'd've thought but I guess that's better than nothing as you say. That or he becomes our Bongani replacement :D

. Is Hall the one who was on loan to Coventry last season? If so then I don't think it would make sense to release him as he would probably fetch a transfer fee.
I think you mean Grant Ward? If so, he's sent out to Rotherham on loan, I think. Hall is the centre half we got from Brighton, if my memory is correct.

Oduwa not going to the USA is a strange one. He has so far looked like the best youth prospect in the pre-season matches.

Oduwa not going to the USA is a strange one. He has so far looked like the best youth prospect in the pre-season matches.

If that's the case perhaps he has worked himself in to contention for a squad place this season and Poch wants more time to evaluate before the end of preseason?

Maybe Poch wants to see how he reacts to being moved back with the U21's. The game in the States is about product placement and the result is secondary. In France Oduwa will be playing in games that matter to the club and team development more than the MSL game.

I know the multiple breakthroughs from the youth team that we saw last season give plenty of reason for optimism, but I find it difficult to believe that Oduwa will get many chances in the first team this year.

Either he will go on loan to the Championship, or if no suitable teams want him, he will stay here and get some run outs in the League Cup and Europa League while building his reputation, ready for a loan move next year.

I doubt he will be in contention for a first team spot until 2017-8, provided he is good enough.

(Think about how many loan moves each of Townsend, Kane and Mason had, although Bentaleb may be a cause for optimism).

so we drew 0-0 and lost 6-5 on pens in our first game and drew 1-1 in the second and lost on pens again.

Last edited:
Perhaps it's because Oduwa is beginning to resemble Ade in looks... :eek:

Whiteman is a proper local lad - born in Tottenham and supports the club - Must be amazing for the lad.

Reading through the teams/squad on the official site, it looks as if we are playing with defenders. I mean the lineup for the first game has us starting with four defenders (Ball, Hall, Veljkovic, CCV), two full backs (Ogilvie and KWP) and a defensive midfielder (Amos). Is it any suprise that we drew the first game 0-0?

Won the 3rd game 4-1

CKwdFAcWwAAYrpT.jpg

Means we play in the 3rd place playoff tomorrow.

Very nice piece by Windy, he definitely gives cause for optimism, especially coupled with the report from the U18 match. I echo his ending sentiment, it really would be great to see a homegrown XI in the new stadium.

U21s lost the last game 2-1 to Lorient but on the plus side Azzaoui won player of the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back