• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rangers won 2-0, both our guys played the full match. Opposition were competitive, but lower league and haven't scored against Rangers on their own ground since 1978?. Very wet pitch, rain all day and several slips on turning.

Ball was Ok in 1st half but did play the ball to the opposition too much. Tidier in the 2nd half.

Oduwa was a real Curate's Egg. Some lovely touches, fast breaks (resulting hacks got 2 guys yellowed), but his shooting was way wide. Also got booked for standing over the ball to prevent a quick free kick, but the ref missed him kicking the ball away later that might have seen him sent off. ..... He's a big boy isn't he ?

Rangers won 2-0, both our guys played the full match. Opposition were competitive, but lower league and haven't scored against Rangers on their own ground since 1978?. Very wet pitch, rain all day and several slips on turning.

Ball was Ok in 1st half but did play the ball to the opposition too much. Tidier in the 2nd half.

Oduwa was a real Curate's Egg. Some lovely touches, fast breaks (resulting hacks got 2 guys yellowed), but his shooting was way wide. Also got booked for standing over the ball to prevent a quick free kick, but the ref missed him kicking the ball away later that might have seen him sent off. ..... He's a big boy isn't he ?
"Curates egg"???

I just wish I could find film of Alfie Conn sitting on the ball against Leeds, after they couldn't get it off him. Now that was contempt, and well deserved contempt.
He probably copied that from jim Baxter, that was one of his party pieces.

Coulthirst played 18 minutes, Wigan won 3-0. I didn't know Jaaskalainen ended up in Wigan, he's now sitting on the bench in League One...

Oduwa was brilliant - absolutely pathetic that he got a yellow by the way and should have easily got a penalty, got taken out in the box. Not given

Referee and Ayr were pathetic. Sunday league at best. Oduwa too good for them

Very happy for Veljkovic. It's a top flight loan, I think Townsend was the last one of our players to have one of those at QPR.

Oduwa got 30 mins or so today for Rangers. He strolls around the place like Berba, looking lazy and half arsed, with the exception being that he did fairly little. To be honest Warburton needs some more ball players in the team, but Oduwa just looked like he was still in pre-season mode.

On a side note, I'm thinking of applying to play in the Scots 2nd division. I've got quite a bad knee injury and haven't played in 4 years, but I'm confident I could still do a job after a bit of fitness work.

Veljkovic starts for the u21s so his move can't be as close as what's being implied. Winks, Onomah and Pritchard also start.

Ball and Oduwa both started for Rangers today in some kind of cup competition. They currently lead Airdrieonians 3-0.

Jaden Brown, Keanan Bennetts and Sam Shashoua all played for England u17s tonight as they beat Italy 3-0, the latter two came off the bench and each won a penalty. As a side note, Jason Dozzell's son also plays for the u17s, though he's on the books of Ipswich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back