• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right about the majority of English clubs but I think Spurs are now up there with the best academies in Holland.

Nevertheless, this partnership seems like a good thing - if Roda can remain a top flight club. Quite apart from offering a loan destination for our young players, it might also help us to accommodate young, foreign signings who can't currently play in the UK as a consequence of work permit rules.

Like Musa Yahaya, perhaps.

I agree with that but we were so far behind ( English teams generally) that we have a long way to go to catch up. As I said I spent a few weeks working at the Ajax academy and what those kids could do was light years ahead of what we were doing at the time. There has been progress made with some clubs though.

Last edited:
Sounds good to me. I think we had a link with someone else in Pleat/Hoddle's day... Vitesse or someone??? Anyone remember/

Just guessing, but I imagine ogilvie and coulthirst have got themselves loans (or coulthirst is in the first team squad tomorrow!), because they're both absent from the u21 squad today....

Young team today
Glover(17)
KWP(18) Maghoma(17) CCV(17) Walkes(18)
Lesniak(19) Veljkovic(19)
McEvoy(20) Goddard(18) Azzaoui(17)
Harrison(18)

subs: Voss(18), Amos(18), Sonupe(19), Georgiou(18)
Amos could really do with playing so hopefully Veljkovic's loan move gets sorted soon. Georgiou's back after about four months out injured.

Young team today
Glover(17)
KWP(18) Maghoma(17) CCV(17) Walkes(18)
Lesniak(19) Veljkovic(19)
McEvoy(20) Goddard(18) Azzaoui(17)
Harrison(18)

subs: Voss(18), Amos(18), Sonupe(19), Georgiou(18)
Amos could really do with playing so hopefully Veljkovic's loan move gets sorted soon. Georgiou's back after about four months out injured.

Amos has looked very tidy on the 3 or 4 occassions I've seen him play; very cultured

Amos has looked very tidy on the 3 or 4 occassions I've seen him play; very cultured

I like him a lot too, he used to be a #10 up until a couple of years ago so that's why he's decent on the ball, has aggression in his play as well.

1-1 at HT, McEvoy the scorer.

How comes Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal under 21 games have always got a live stream when they play yet we never have? (unless we play them?)

How comes Utd, Chel53a, Liverpool and Ar5ena1 under 21 games have always got a live stream when they play yet we never have? (unless we play them?)

The first three have their own tv channel so their games get shown on there, not sure about Arsenal but I know Southampton stream some of their games on youtube - something I wish we would do.

2-2 currently, Azzaoui got our 2nd.

We had FC Mouscron (or something like that) in Belgium.... It was where we got the mythical Jonathan Blondell from.

Blondel, and I must be the only person in the world to have the name on the back of my shirt, a very Football Manager inspired versus reality decision!

Blondel, and I must be the only person in the world to have the name on the back of my shirt, a very Football Manager inspired versus reality decision!

the last two players I got on the back of my Spurs shirt..

Taarabt
Boateng

Never again.

Oduwa has just had a fantastic assist wrongly chalked off for offside. The lino is having a shocker as rangers 5th goal which oduwa was heavily involved in was allowed even though it was a clear offside.

Also oduwa just rainbow flicked a player.

Watching the second half of the Rangers game - Oduwa came on with 30 mins to go when Rangers were 4-1 up.

That said, he's looked very very comfortable at this (low) level, regularly beating his man with ease. He' a great dribbler - just drifts past players effortlessly

Went on one run beating a couple players, playing a one-two before squaring it for someone to tap in, only for the goal to be incorrectly ruled out for offside

Also did a bit of showboating doing that thing where you step over the ball, and flip the ball over the defender and then run on to it

The guy looks to have huge potential

Glad he's got the confidence to be doing it. It'll be on the showboat reel next weekend (though somehow the fudgers missed Vertonghen's roullette from against Man UTD).

Rangers fans are currently licking his arse after todays game, he was only on for half an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back