• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ward scored another two for Rotherham yesterday, so that's 4 in 3 for him, not the greatest opposition in the world but a good start nonetheless.

I expect we'll see Carter-Vickers, Winks, Onomah, Odwua and Coulthirst given a run out at Peterborough on Saturday, hopefully one or two can force their way into the manager's plans for next season.

They all go time against Southend but I think with Alderweireld and Vertonghen back and needing game time CCV may find his chance curtailed. I'd imagine that the other four will still get a chance.

Haven't seen him play much, of course, but Oduwa really looks the part in highlights. He's looks really graceful on the ball for a taller winger. Hopefully, we'll get to see him some in the pre-season.

They all go time against Southend but I think with Alderweireld and Vertonghen back and needing game time CCV may find his chance curtailed. I'd imagine that the other four will still get a chance.

We'll see but I don't think the players who only came back on Monday will feature.

The 1st team are playing Reading at the training ground in the morning so it'll be the u21s travelling to Peterborough, which will be a good experience for them. Those from the u21s who have been training with the first team may end up doing double duty.

Oh and here's one of Grant Ward's goals from the other night

Good effort by the u21s today away to Peterborough, considering our best players were with the first team then to only get narrowly beaten by a team in League 1 is a good effort. The u18s are away in Belgium and beat Club Brugge 3-2, Shashoua got one of the goals, not sure who got the other two yet.

Struggled to adapt and wasn't deemed worth persevering with.

Yep. Very much a Defoe type of striker - didn't offer the team much in terms of build up play, work off the ball or assists. Problem was that he didn't score the goals either! He was the star of the U17 World Cup before we signed him but turned out to be one of those players who failed to progress.

Mind you, we apparently still got £1.5m from Bari for him.

Worth noting that 16 year old Kazaiah Sterling started for the u21s today rather than going to Belgium with the u18s so we obviously think a lot of him. Good to hear that Walker-Peters, Carter-Vickers, Winks, Onomah and Oduwa all played for the 1st team today as well, although a little annoying as I'd liked to have seen them at Peterborough.

Same as happens to a lot of young kids, the do not live up to the hype.

Same as a lot of signings too.

Same as a lot of signings too.

Before I retired I worked in the academys of several Prem and Championship clubs for over 20 odd years, and I can assure you that some would be amazed just how many players who looked the bees knees in their early teens but never made it as pro players. A lot more then signings of players who are/still plying their trade.

I understand you are interested more then most in "Yoof" but if you can take the time to read a piece that Paul Hart wrote about just how many top youngsters fall by the wayside after being picked up by pro clubs. If I can find it among my paperwork I will give you the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back