• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

Spanish newspaper AS have claimed that Tottenham Hotspur still remain an option in the January transfer window for Barcelona outcast Carles Alena, despite Mauricio Pochettino leaving the club and Jose Mourinho coming in.

Alena, 21, was linked with a move to Tottenham Hotspur earlier this season while Pochettino was still in charge. It is believed Pochettino is a big fan of Alena – but his exit has since seen no reports linking Alena to Spurs, until now.

The latest report claims that while Spurs remain an option for Alena in the January window, the Spain Under-21 international still has multiple offers on the table. One thing that is clear, though, is that he is desperate to leave Barcelona.

Depsite shining for Ernesto Valverde’s side in pre-season, midfielder Alena has been afforded just 45 minutes of senior action all season – last playing Athletic Bilbao on the opening day of the season for 45 minutes.

It remains to be seen what his asking price is, given that he has a contract at Barca until 2022 and is considered a ‘great hope’ from the La Masia academy. It is claimed a loan move may be favoured by Barca.

TBR’s view – Alena a top player, but do Spurs need him?
There is no doubt that the Spaniard is a top, top player. He has all the technical qualities expected of a La Masia graduate and has played 35 times for Barca’s senior side. You have to be a proper talent to do that.

But Spurs are well stocked in midfield, and if Mourinho is to be given a limited budget in January, overlooking Alena is the best option. Tottenham boast Eric Dier, Harry Winks, Moussa Sissoko, Tanguy Ndombele, Victor Wanyama and Oliver Skipp.

Christian Eriksen and Dele Alli can also come deep. Spurs’ priorities should be full-backs, a goalkeeper and a back-up striker to Harry Kane. A midfielder, right now, is way down the priority list.
Anyone know what sort of midfielder Alena is?..... If he has a reasonably defensive mind set then 'yes Spurs certainly do need him'.

Anyone know what sort of midfielder Alena is?..... If he has a reasonably defensive mind set then 'yes Spurs certainly do need him'.
I've seen bits and bobs of him but not too much so might be off track with the little I've seen. I would say he's good defensively but not a DM primarily. He could arguably be schooled into one in the Carrick mould but I think he is mainly a CM/AM depending on system.

Someone who has seen more of him night be able to give a more accurate picture. [emoji848]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I've seen bits and bobs of him but not too much so might be off track with the little I've seen. I would say he's good defensively but not a DM primarily. He could arguably be schooled into one in the Carrick mould but I think he is mainly a CM/AM depending on system.

Someone who has seen more of him night be able to give a more accurate picture. [emoji848]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk
I had a similar view of him. Also based on limited viewing.

A footballer can never close a page, let me just go now and clear my head about my life and career. We'll see if I come back to T

A quote from ade who's just left his club and is now a free agent.

Dubya tattoo time!

5George-W.-Bush.jpg

Back