• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

Matic move 'more likely' for Inter
Inter Milan are eyeing a defensive midfielder - and another raid of Manchester United looks on the cards.

They have been linked with want-away Barcelona star Arturo Vidal.

But Tuttomercato report that a move for Nemanja Matic is more likely, handing him a reunion with Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez at the San Siro.

Matic could join on loan for the rest of the deal with an option to make the deal permanent for around £21m.

I'd say for DM you need a broad set of skills. I would be looking for a player that can receive the ball and retain possession under pressure. Also, they must have a nose for danger and police the area in front of the CBs. Bonus points for good distribution and dribbling but these can be compensated for somewhat by his teammates. This is Fernandinho, Kante (current versions) or Wanyama or Dier (earlier versions). N'Dombele is box-to-box type and from what little I have seen definitely better at attacking than defending.

We need Dier to at least get back to where he was as couple of seasons back or get someone better.

Agreed.

Surely a move for Matic would be a sideways step; i think he's similarly cumbersome to Dier, even at his best o i'm not sure we should be going for him (unless we REALLY have no other options..)

Apart from Zakaria, which other DCMs have we been linked to since the summer?

Surely a move for Matic would be a sideways step; i think he's similarly cumbersome to Dier, even at his best o i'm not sure we should be going for him (unless we REALLY have no other options..)

Apart from Zakaria, which other DCMs have we been linked to since the summer?

Not really be linked recently but kessie was a name that cropped up a lot. Also though I forget his name we were linked last season with a Cardiff midfielder who had pretty good stats but the two times we played them never stood out.

Kalvin Phillips at Leeds looks premiership ready to me.

Lewis Cook at Bournemouth though not an out and out defensive midfielder has enough about him to be an improvement in our midfield. Bournemouth might need to raise money soon as well.

He won’t be cheap but I wouldn’t mind Ake, keeping in line with our penchant for versatile left footed Dutch centre backs...

he said some nice things about Mourinho pre match, which of course should be reported as a ‘come and get me plea’ in media parlance
I think he is excellent and would be really happy if we could sign him.

He won’t be cheap but I wouldn’t mind Ake, keeping in line with our penchant for versatile left footed Dutch centre backs...

he said some nice things about Mourinho pre match, which of course should be reported as a ‘come and get me plea’ in media parlance

I missed the comments, could you possibly direct me to them please?

Versatile is a key word when it comes to Ake. Anytime I've seen him step in to midfield he has looked quality, and obviously offers that flexibility that he could drop back in to defense. The signing would plug so many gaps with a real option. Although as said before, his impeccable injury record is a worry because you just know he'd break down as soon as he came to us!

You're right on the not cheap side of things but I'd see it as a going all out for the player we know we need. Stambouli Fazio Saha Nelson Pienaar etc etc were cheap! I'd see it as our Van Djik (however you spell it) type of signing. No chance in the January window but every effort (above board of course) should be made to get it sorted. Maybe sweeten Bournemouth up with a loan like Wanyama or Skipp, try and get a good working relationship in place.

Not really be linked recently but kessie was a name that cropped up a lot. Also though I forget his name we were linked last season with a Cardiff midfielder who had pretty good stats but the two times we played them never stood out.

Kalvin Phillips at Leeds looks premiership ready to me.

Lewis Cook at Bournemouth though not an out and out defensive midfielder has enough about him to be an improvement in our midfield. Bournemouth might need to raise money soon as well.

lewis cook who Dier played against this weekend and really didnt deliver anything?

kalvan Philips looks the better player TBH

Back