• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

I remember a player having the best tackle stats not that long ago... he played for Swansea at the time then Everton and everyone thought he was great. Turned out he was making those tackles because he kept in losing the call. Not saying that’s the train here.... just that it’s another stat that can be misleading

I believe Mustafi had better defensive stats than VVD last season...

How can VVD only have 71% tackle rate and yet constantly see articles saying no one dribbled past VVD last season...which is obviously BS...but makes no sense. Stats contradict themselves.

I remember a player having the best tackle stats not that long ago... he played for Swansea at the time then Everton and everyone thought he was great. Turned out he was making those tackles because he kept in losing the call. Not saying that’s the train here.... just that it’s another stat that can be misleading
Yep. And at the other end of the spectrum, when we bought Ben Davies he was the player most dribbled past in the prem. He didn't turn out too shabby. Stats need context.

Last edited:
Ah yes, but the stat you omit is that VVD plays for Liverpool, and so is obviously the best defender of all time.
No the stats that weren't shown were:
Virgil Van Dijk

• Duel success: 77 per cent
  • Aerial win percentage: 77 per cent
  • Dribbled past by opponent: 0
  • Goals conceded per 90 mins: 0.58 per cent
  • Fouls conceded per 90 mins: 0.35 per cent
  • Percentage of touches resulting in lost possesion: 10 per cent
Shkodran Mustafi

• Duel success: 73 per cent
  • Aerial win percentage: 70 per cent
  • Dribbled past by opponent: 9
  • Goals conceded per 90 mins: 1.34 per cent
  • Fouls conceded per 90 mins: 1.54 per cent
  • Percentage of touches resulting in lost possesion: 16 per cent
Basically just shows you can handpick any stats you want to prove a point. I'd rather trust my eyes, and my eyes tell me I'd rather VVD than Mustafi:D....

No the stats that weren't shown were:
Virgil Van Dijk

• Duel success: 77 per cent
  • Aerial win percentage: 77 per cent
  • Dribbled past by opponent: 0
  • Goals conceded per 90 mins: 0.58 per cent
  • Fouls conceded per 90 mins: 0.35 per cent
  • Percentage of touches resulting in lost possesion: 10 per cent
Shkodran Mustafi

• Duel success: 73 per cent
  • Aerial win percentage: 70 per cent
  • Dribbled past by opponent: 9
  • Goals conceded per 90 mins: 1.34 per cent
  • Fouls conceded per 90 mins: 1.54 per cent
  • Percentage of touches resulting in lost possesion: 16 per cent
Basically just shows you can handpick any stats you want to prove a point. I'd rather trust my eyes, and my eyes tell me I'd rather VVD than Mustafi:D....

Stats are great to support, or deny, what your eyes tell you. But your eyes are far from infallible.

People watch with preconception, good will, bias... Stats dont.

Though in this case, obviously, Mustafi is turd.

Man Utd target discusses failed move
In-demand Spanish midfielder Dani Olmo admits he is still eyeing a move to “a strong club in the five big leagues” despite missing out on a summer move.

Olmo, who starred in Spain’s European Under 21 Championship victory this summer, has been linked with a host of clubs with Manchester United amongst those reported to be keen.

“I have nothing to hide: I wanted to leave Dinamo, I wanted to move on and join a strong club in the five big leagues,” Olmo told Croatian newspaper Sportske Novosti .

“I thought this summer was the best time to leave.

“Such a separation would have been best for the player and club, it’s when you can get the best transfer.”

Kai Havertz address his future at Bayer Leverkusen
Kai Havertz has hinted he could leave Bayer Leverkusen in the summer amid Liverpool’s transfer interest in him.

Reports in Germany linked the Reds with a move for the 20-year-old this summer but Liverpool opted against making a marquee signing.

Jurgen Klopp, who splashed some serious cash in the summer of 2018, instead signed two youth prospects in Sepp van den Berg and Harvey Elliott.

The January transfer window is a few months off and Liverpool have started this season very much on the front foot, suggesting the Reds will have a quiet winter too.

But should Klopp decide he needs to strengthen his midfield next summer then it appears compatriot Havertz would be up for the switch.

Speaking to Sportbuzzer, Havertz said: “I am happy to stay at Leverkusen for one more year. What happens next summer will be experienced in the future.”

If we are looking at this as a two summer remodel, then a new RB next summer even if KWP does make the step up is required as are replacements for Lamela, Wanyama and two of our centrebacks. The argument could be made that by then Skipp will have progressed to a level that means a Wanyama replacement is not required.

The worry is that with Eriksen, Toby and Jan all likely going on a free, we will have very little money coming back in unless Kane asks for a move this summer (not unreasonable to think about).

If we are looking at this as a two summer remodel, then a new RB next summer even if KWP does make the step up is required as are replacements for Lamela, Wanyama and two of our centrebacks. The argument could be made that by then Skipp will have progressed to a level that means a Wanyama replacement is not required.

The worry is that with Eriksen, Toby and Jan all likely going on a free, we will have very little money coming back in unless Kane asks for a move this summer (not unreasonable to think about).

We can’t do anything about Eriksen... it’s his call
We can decide to offer new terms to Jan and Toby (we need Jan IMO) but may not due to their age and despite the talk.. we wouldnt have got big fees for them
We don’t need transfer money in to spend
This summer out net spend is only around £40m don’t forget

Replace Lamela? Imo you will do very well to find anyone better that is happy to be a squad player, works his nuts off, and does provide bits of quality.

Admittedly he’s had injury issues but I’ll look over that for someone who’s clearly committed.

I’ll happily leave him where he is rather than getting 30m for him and then trying to buy someone better for 30m.

I think January will be about replacing eriksen with dybala

Then next summer will be replacing alder and aurier

I think verts will sign a new 2+1 deal, and ndombele has already replaced wanyama

Replace Lamela? Imo you will do very well to find anyone better that is happy to be a squad player, works his nuts off, and does provide bits of quality.

Admittedly he’s had injury issues but I’ll look over that for someone who’s clearly committed.

I’ll happily leave him where he is rather than getting 30m for him and then trying to buy someone better for 30m.

I'd like to see someone that has the potential to displace one of our starting XI tbh.
I like Lamela but if we are talking about refreshing the group then his spot would be one up for grabs.

I'd like to see someone that has the potential to displace one of our starting XI tbh.
I like Lamela but if we are talking about refreshing the group then his spot would be one up for grabs.
So someone better than son, alli, eriksen, lo celso, moura and sessegnon? For one of 2/3 slots

Reactions: k4b
Back