• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

I would be very happy with Cavani too but yes we almost certainly aren't getting him either.

I do wonder if there's someone from the championship who we could have looked at but I don't know the league well enough to comment.
We just need a target man. Llorente but a bit more mobile. We definitely could've signed one, if Levy wasnt so obsessed by resale value and always getting value for money

If TP does not go out on loan we might as well get him in the squad and games. Son and Moura just don’t really do it as CF

Need a CF who’s going to occupy the CBs. That’s not in their game really.

Tough one really we were linked with pretty meh strikers and to buy for the sake of it could be a mistake as well as not buying. Gamble either way.

Can’t see us cracking top four we’ve issues in the midfield and full backs are not great. Would rather we chased a real DM with some steel but they’re just not available.

If we don’t address some key areas in summer then serious questions will need to be asked.

Kane does need someone to come in for games as he needs a rest sometimes and not when he’s just laid up injured.

I agree we could have signed a forward from SOMEWHERE, there must be quite a few around the world, I just don't know of them as it isn't my job.

Also has to be the right value e.g. the bbc mentioned on this day in history: Torres to Cheatski for £50m, Andy Carroll from Saudi Sportswashing Machine to Pool for £35m, or Suarez from Ajax to Pool for £23m

Some French expert/mate of Girouds said he has agreed terms with Spurs, Lazio and Inter (and has a preference) but because Chelsea havent got a striker in yet he's stuck in limbo.

I'm pretty much hoping we don't sign anyone. As mentioned above, the last thing we need is a panic buy on 60-k70k pw that we can never get rid of.

Would be happy with Son up front, Bergwijn on the wing and hopefully Troy getting 20 mins here and there.

Try to articulate a point rather than just resorting to childish abuse

It is pathetic. Our season doesn't rest on one position, signing the wrong striker won't help us and could leave us in a worse position going forward. If a suitable player is available, then of course we should go for them but if they are not, we shouldn't just go for anyone. Regardless of what happens today, I think that this has been a better window than any of us expected on January 1st.

It is pathetic. Our season doesn't rest on one position, signing the wrong striker won't help us and could leave us in a worse position going forward. If a suitable player is available, then of course we should go for them but if they are not, we shouldn't just go for anyone. Regardless of what happens today, I think that this has been a better window than any of us expected on January 1st.
There we go, I knew you could make a reasoned point, your previous attempt was a bit... well, pathetic.
We have all the pieces to grab a top four place except a DM and Striker. It is these small margins that matter. At DM at least we have Dier or Winks can have a go. We've got no one who can play up top. Having a punt on someone, even if we have to pay over the odds, makes sense. Not doing so is negligent. Only one man is responsible for that now

There we go, I knew you could make a reasoned point, your previous attempt was a bit... well, pathetic.
We have all the pieces to grab a top four place except a DM and Striker. It is these small margins that matter. At DM at least we have Dier or Winks can have a go. We've got no one who can play up top. Having a punt on someone, even if we have to pay over the odds, makes sense. Not doing so is negligent. Only one man is responsible for that now

If you are going to act like your parents have spoilt your Christmas because you didn't get the present you asked for, people will call you out on it.

Any player is not necessarily better than no player. Player priorities can change very quickly, throughout December it looked like RB was the priority area but an upturn in Aurier's form and the players settling into the system means that it is not now. Lo Celso's emergence and (hopefully) Ndombele's return to fitness could do the same thing in central midfield. Up top, we are clearly short of a striker but Son, Moura and Dele can all fill in there and if one of them hits form, could be a better option than spending £30m on a player who we only have an interest in for the next four months.

Any player is not necessarily better than no player. Player priorities can change very quickly, throughout December it looked like RB was the priority area but an upturn in Aurier's form and the players settling into the system means that it is not now. Lo Celso's emergence and (hopefully) Ndombele's return to fitness could do the same thing in central midfield. Up top, we are clearly short of a striker but Son, Moura and Dele can all fill in there and if one of them hits form, could be a better option than spending £30m on a player who we only have an interest in for the next four months.
Let's bookmark this and return to it at the end of the season once you've been shown to be wrong

Look the calls for a CF ('anyone will do') still have to be aligned with a 1-2 season strategy. The only reason we need someone is to give the other forwards a rest as we can rotate a bit. So an end of season loan would be best.

All this 'we need someone to hold the ball up' implies that that is a long term tactic, it wont be. La Celso, Winks Ndombele wont be pumping it long. Someone that can hold the ball up might cost us 25/30m and then will quickly not be suited to our game plan. What a waste.

Kane being injured is not new. We feared the consequences previously BUT every time we have more than coped and sometimes actually played better without him in the team.

Now we bemoan Son and Moura can't do it. Why cant they as they have before?....its because what is behind them has broken, our game isn't what it was and isn't aligned to get the best out of them.

We think a new striker is essential otherwise top 4's a goner. Well before he was injured we had a top 3 world CF playing for us, yep and we looked awful then. The polish guy or Willian Jose aint gonna miraculously turn our fortunes round, the development of the team and game plan will....if that direction is to supply Dele,Son,Moura,Steve.....that's where the goals will come from, and not just this season.

If we cant get a loan, he may as well give Parrot some bench time....so if we are 2,3 nil up he can hook someone for 20 mins rest with the bonus of Parrot gaining some experience in what would be a low pressure situation and i personally are never gonna put expectations on the lad.

You are welcome too but there isn't a parallel universe where we know how your fourth choice striker got on to compare against.
You claimed we are good. Son, Alli can play upfront. I say they cant and Levys negligence costs us top 4. Let's see who's is right

Back