• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Stats Thread

PL-goals-chart.png

Express-Trainers-Not-on-the-List-page-001.jpg

I was browsing though some stuff on the OS during the week, and looking at the player stats, and the goal scoring stats. I can't work out how to show the actual table, so here's the link :
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/first-team-statistics/ (click on the Squad Statistics tab)

Leaving aside GKs, players out on loan and long-term injuries, we have goals to a greater or lesser extent from almost every player. Only Davies, Jan and Wimmer, with a decent number of starts across all competitions, have failed to score.
That seems impressive to me.

when the forum was down last week I dropped into the fighting rooster,shudder, and followed a link to the talking foxes, or some other Leicester delusional therapy centre.
One of the topics on there was talking about the lopsided penalty stats. Their argument was that because of their quick breaking style causing panic they got more penalties.
My counter would be how can you concede so much possession and shots in you own box and concede so few penalties?
Any of the stats people have an argument for or against?

Article on referee bias.

Quite interesting, although the percentages are probably a little too small to be able to make the margins in anything other than a very close match. I wonder who the racist is.....
That article is just pure rubbish! I have been a referee for over 20 years, I one thing I can tell you all, is that in the heat of a game, you don't bother, nor have the time to think about who is who on the pitch. All you care about is making the right decision, and catch the number of the offending player in case of a booking or sending off. You simply don't have the time to notice who the players are in those kind of situations. As a referee you view the game in a totally different way than as a spectator or TV-viewer.

That article is just pure rubbish! I have been a referee for over 20 years, I one thing I can tell you all, is that in the heat of a game, you don't bother, nor have the time to think about who is who on the pitch. All you care about is making the right decision, and catch the number of the offending player in case of a booking or sending off. You simply don't have the time to notice who the players are in those kind of situations. As a referee you view the game in a totally different way than as a spectator or TV-viewer.
Nobody said there was an overt bias.

Anybody got any stats on our chance conversion rate over the last 6 years or so?
We've scored the second highest number of goals but i just get the impression that we are less efficient in terms of taking our chances when compared to previous seasons...

Anybody got any stats on our chance conversion rate over the last 6 years or so?
We've scored the second highest number of goals but i just get the impression that we are less efficient in terms of taking our chances when compared to previous seasons...
We are far behind Leicester, that's for sure! They've got more goals than chances.

I gave up after following the link to the freeze-frame of Walker the moment the ball is played showing him onside.

I agree that as a referee (and yes I was one before injury took its toll) you don't have time to think who committed the foul or who the foul was against.

One thing the "survey" doesn't account for if 'teams refereed for' as there is a large difference between the makeup of teams e.g. our team on average has 5 English players, Chelsea have on average 1 so if Foy, Dowd or Swarbrick referee Chelsea more times than Spurs then the average number of fouls blown for committed by an Englishman will reduce massively and over a 2 year period I don't think it averages it out as I believe the likes of Foy or Dowd are more likely to referee Chelsea than maybe Stoke or Sunderland where the "englishman" makeup is higher.

But then does it really matter because if you get if you get Pawson or Jones the reverse is true by an equally "alarming" bias.

Indeed, just another blogger with too much time on is hands and his head up his arse with numbers, I have been a ref as well and his piece is flimflam.

Indeed, just another blogger with too much time on is hands and his head up his arse with numbers, I have been a ref as well and his piece is hogwash.
Care to explain then, when most referees are able to be consistent between nationalities to a small deviation, one or two of them are massively outside that?

Back