• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Spanish Football Thread

Watching El Classico and cant for the life of me work out how Sergio Ramos is still on the pitch already on a yellow and has since committed 3 yellow card offences!!!
Agreed. I don't often watch El Classico because it is all about feigning injury, crowding round the ref, squaring up then rolling on the floor, diving and occasionally playing football.

The referee has had more impact on this game than any player, as usual.

Agreed. I don't often watch El Classico because it is all about feigning injury, crowding round the ref, squaring up then rolling on the floor, diving and occasionally playing football.

The referee has had more impact on this game than any player, as usual.

I dont normally watch it either, but it beats all the other crap on TV right now

Crappy game. Zero pressing, sideways passing, then someone falls over and the stadium erupts.

I didn't watch it, but as Barca have a big lead over Real do we think maybe they were just keeping their powder dry for the CL this week?

So Barca lost to Sociadad yesterday and both Madrid clubs won,bringing the gap at the top to just 3 points between Barca and Atletico (and 4 points between them and Real Madrid)

Let's hope it's an omen for today eh..COYS
(and COYMackems)

the media tossfest on Barca makes me cheer every time they fail, I'd be delighted if they lose both CL & League to Atletico ... hilarious ...

What a joke those penalty calls were for Barca though. Considering the one that Pique got away with (a very clear and obvious hand ball), the three that Barca got were all very very dubious.

Glad we don't have that level of favourtism in the league any more (I'm looking at you Howard Webb).

Well done to Barcelona for winning their 24th Spanish league title. Real Madrid have now failed to win the league title for the 4th season in a row. That means Cristiano Ronaldo only have 1 Spanish league title after 9 seasons with Real while Modric and Bale still looking for their first. How funny would it be if we had won the EPL this season while Modric and Bale failing to win any until now !

Well done to Barcelona for winning their 24th Spanish league title. Real Madrid have now failed to win the league title for the 4th season in a row. That means Cristiano Ronaldo only have 1 Spanish league title after 9 seasons with Real while Modric and Bale still looking for their first. How funny would it be if we had won the EPL this season while Modric and Bale failing to win any until now !
I'm sure it's marginally less funny than an extra £100k per week, fudge all tax and a far better place to live.

I'm sure it's marginally less funny than an extra £100k per week, fudge all tax and a far better place to live.
But that's not why they left, they wanted to win leagues.
I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I would respect these players if they just told the truth. Who wouldn't move for the reasons you mention? Only I diehard supporter, which none of them were.

Basically: Regulations that are due to come into place next season will demand that sections of grounds which appear prominently on television must be fully populated by fans.

Also:

Signed in February 2015, the Premier League will earn £5.136 billion in a three-year-deal covering the 2016-2019 seasons.

Earlier this year the Spanish league announced a new television deal which is modelled on the Premier League's equal distribution model.

Prior to the agreement on the new deal, leading Spanish clubs Real Madrid and Barcelona were able to exclusively negotiate their own deals.

Now, according laws approved by the Spanish government in May 2015, television revenue will be pooled and shared collectively.

However both El Clasico clubs do not stand to lose out in the new deal, with stipulations in place to preserve the super-clubs' revenue stream.

A clause will ensure that no La Liga team will earn less money than they were receiving before the introduction of the new distribution model.

The new deal will come into force at the start of next season and will see La Liga earn £1.98 billion over three seasons.

With Real and Barca only managing to win by a mediocre 3 and 4 goals respectively, it looks like it will be another highly competitive season of La Liga.

Basically: Regulations that are due to come into place next season will demand that sections of grounds which appear prominently on television must be fully populated by fans.

Also:

Signed in February 2015, the Premier League will earn £5.136 billion in a three-year-deal covering the 2016-2019 seasons.

Earlier this year the Spanish league announced a new television deal which is modelled on the Premier League's equal distribution model.

Prior to the agreement on the new deal, leading Spanish clubs Real Madrid and Barcelona were able to exclusively negotiate their own deals.

Now, according laws approved by the Spanish government in May 2015, television revenue will be pooled and shared collectively.

However both El Clasico clubs do not stand to lose out in the new deal, with stipulations in place to preserve the super-clubs' revenue cat video on youtube.

A clause will ensure that no La Liga team will earn less money than they were receiving before the introduction of the new distribution model.

The new deal will come into force at the start of next season and will see La Liga earn £1.98 billion over three seasons.

interesting, similar to how the NFL works here, if a game is not sold out, its not shown on local tv networks here to encourage ticket sales

Back