• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Shoot-yourself-in-the-foot mentality Inbred at our club

Yes, but also did he not pay himself to the point when he was the highest paid CEO in the league?
When you're telling the players and manager that they cannot be paid like their peers at other top 4 clubs, but you yourself are payimg yourself higher than your equivalent peers, well...it's not a good look.
Before being paid that bonus/payrise, Levy should have publicly gone to every key player offering them a bumper payrise.

The all-for-one group rise has been our key weapon against the other big teams, we ballsed up that ethic quite a bit there imo
He did offer pay rises to players. It’s why Kane extended, Dele extended, Toby has finally extended, Poch extended, sissoko extended

But also he pays himself as he is the owner too, as well as CEO

The situation we are in at this time
Is neither a good one
Nor is it so unblessed
It can change
It can stay the same
Who can say?
Who can make a claim?

Appropo to how we've evolved from English football's sleeping giant to gentle giant.

Why lets facts get in the way of yet another Levy dig?
Not sure it is a dig. It is a fact that Levy draws the highest salary of any exec in English football.

I’ll be interested to see what bonus he takes for his £200 million overspend on the 6 month late delivered stadium.

Not sure it is a dig. It is a fact that Levy draws the highest salary of any exec in English football.

I’ll be interested to see what bonus he takes for his £200 million overspend on the 6 month late delivered stadium.
Where is the £200m over spend coming from?
I mean the whole build was in a cost plus contract and designed as it we t along, so budgets and cost would have changed as it went along
The club did highlight that the currency changes had an impact in the costs negatively but that’s not actually anyone at spurs fault

Where is the £200m over spend coming from?
I mean the whole build was in a cost plus contract and designed as it we t along, so budgets and cost would have changed as it went along
The club did highlight that the currency changes had an impact in the costs negatively but that’s not actually anyone at spurs fault
We arranged £450 million of loan facilities to cover us. We had to extend this to £637 million. We also had a zero transfer fee spend during that year so it may well have more than £200 million over budget with our transfer spending plans seriously reigned in to cover that.

If the club hadn’t been hedging their fx risk via currency swap options then Levy doesn’t deserve his large bonus.

We arranged £450 million of loan facilities to cover us. We had to extend this to £637 million. We also had a zero transfer fee spend during that year so it may well have more than £200 million over budget with our transfer spending plans seriously reigned in to cover that.

If the club hadn’t been hedging their fx risk via currency swap options then Levy doesn’t deserve his large bonus.
We arranged a loan to start the build. Who knows if that was planned to cover the whole cost... I don’t.
When the original cost would have been done the wouldn’t have necessarily known about elemental costs from Europe and it hit the whole UK construction market almost overnight after the brexit vote

Back