• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Shoot-yourself-in-the-foot mentality Inbred at our club

It's down to our recruitment policy. While Leicester have completely remodelled their side while losing some genuine world class players, we have fudged around with N'wasters, Argie squad players and rejects (Aurier and Moura). Which recently acquired player has currently proved better than we had previously ? We need proven winners not potential 'maybe one day' players.

Are you not one of the posters blaming the last manager for not getting enough out of a team with this much quality.
The problem isn't and wasn't the manager, it's a lack of quality and meteorology in the squad.

The last manager couldn't buy a fudging win .. Jose won more in a month than Poch had for the season? or close enough

Go back and look at my comments, I always said my big problems with Poch was -> he wasn't getting enough goals out fo the front four, and he kept trying to push up both FBs regardless of their abilities and expected them to recover and defend as well, and we lost to utter brick sides (the quality problem is more relevant against better teams) Jose for the most part has addressed that in what 6 weeks?

A "fit" Lamela and a "could give a fudge" Eriksen would have saved Poch, unfortunately neither of those thing happened

The last manager couldn't buy a fudging win .. Jose won more in a month than Poch had for the season? or close enough

Go back and look at my comments, I always said my big problems with Poch was -> he wasn't getting enough goals out fo the front four, and he kept trying to push up both FBs regardless of their abilities and expected them to recover and defend as well, and we lost to utter brick sides (the quality problem is more relevant against better teams) Jose for the most part has addressed that in what 6 weeks?

A "fit" Lamela and a "could give a fudge" Eriksen would have saved Poch, unfortunately neither of those thing happened

Jose has beaten teams we should be beating and been spanked by our rivals, man utd and Chelsea.
With supposedly the third best squad in the league, and tbh much like poch in the last 12, months results are papering over what were cracks but are now becoming sizable issues.

The problem, as I have been saying for a while, isn't the manager, but a squad that no longer matches over ambitions.

Jose has beaten teams we should be beating and been spanked by our rivals, man utd and Chelsea.
With supposedly the third best squad in the league, and tbh much like poch in the last 12, months results are papering over what were cracks but are now becoming sizable issues.

The problem, as I have been saying for a while, isn't the manager, but a squad that no longer matches over ambitions.

It was the issue before the managerial change and it will prove to still be an issue as the season progresses - the first XI has too many weaknesses and the squad is bloated with crocked/past it players - we need an overhaul

Soton spanked Cheatski who spanked Spurs. It happens. You have to motivate the players and get the tactics right. That is on the manager. Or would you like to swap squads with Soton? Maybe we could swap Harry Kane for Che Adams?

Trouble is we were not beating anyone under Poch at the end, including the teams we should be beating such as Brighton away 3-0, Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home 1-0 and Watford at home 1-1. From the outside looking in it appears as though he lost the dressing room. That is just my opinion. We were leaking goals and not scoring. We are still leaking goals but at least we are scoring more frequently.

Jose has lost to two teams he used to manage who were up for it for once - games against teams that reminded me of us where we were not as a good as we are now
He beat wolves away which City havent managed

It's down to our recruitment policy. While Leicester have completely remodelled their side while losing some genuine world class players, we have fudged around with N'wasters, Argie squad players and rejects (Aurier and Moura). Which recently acquired player has currently proved better than we had previously ? We need proven winners not potential 'maybe one day' players.

I disagree, winning meteorology, like all geographic disciplines, is taught.

Our mental weaknesses are a failure of coaching.

Trouble is we were not beating anyone under Poch at the end, including the teams we should be beating such as Brighton away 3-0, Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home 1-0 and Watford at home 1-1. From the outside looking in it appears as though he lost the dressing room. That is just my opinion. We were leaking goals and not scoring. We are still leaking goals but at least we are scoring more frequently.

Basically the squad needs a massive overall but the previous manager could not change his style to pick up points, the new manager will do whatever it takes to win matches while he waits for a better squad.

I honestly believe if we could keep Mourinho for 3 full seasons and he could not lose it like he does, big ifs. But if that happened we could win the league.

Well, Wolves beating City puts our dogged victory at Molineux in a very positive perspective. This is the toughest time of the season and we're not doing so badly to justify the despondency this thread invites.

Yeah, the loss to Chelsea hurt, but not as much as some might opine. We're back in the hunt for top four and with City beginning to fray at the edges - and Leicester now beginning to wobble - we should be looking up. A lot of football left to play and much to play for. We could be in so much worse circumstances. And, not long from now, in vastly improved circumstances.

Last edited:
Due to lack of a midfield and quality of players than anything. I wonder why no one is calling Leicester City bottlers. If this were Spurs, the media would have a field day. I am not denying that some players need to step up mentally. Some do. Also the 'from the top' stuff - Lol! If we were to perform as our chairman does in the league...

Those matches were lost because we didnt have midfield control.

I disagree, winning meteorology, like all geographic disciplines, is taught.

Our mental weaknesses are a failure of coaching.

Humour an old chap (well, over 40): I've seen this term in a good number of posts and don't get what this means? Do people mean winning mentality 'cos every time I see it in various threads, it looks weird...

What is a meteorology (apart from the obvious)? and why?

Cheers

P.S. Where's Roland Beurre when you need him?!

Humour an old chap (well, over 40): I've seen this term in a good number of posts and don't get what this means? Do people mean winning meteorology 'cos every time I see it in various threads, it looks weird...

What is a meteorology (apart from the obvious)? and why?

Cheers

P.S. Where's Roland Beurre when you need him?!
The board software is autocorrecting men-tality to mentality.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

The board software is autocorrecting men-tality to meteorology.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Good man - that makes a lot of sense (especially as men-tality has changed to meteorology in my own post!)

I just assumed it was an old word being used in a bizarre new way, like 'taking a selfie' used to mean something else. Actually, so did 'having some 'me-time'', 'self-partnering' and 'enjoying my own company' and any other meanings for hand-shandy/double clicking your mouse...

Yep, it starts from the top imo

I also totally forgot the point raised by @thfcsteff re Levy's self-awarded bonus. Again, all the good work about the raising all of the team consistently with achievements and the team/togetherness spirit, gone in a puff overnight.

The act of shooting oneself in the foot right there

Yep, it starts from the top imo

I also totally forgot the point raised by @thfcsteff re Levy's self-awarded bonus. Again, all the good work about the raising all of the team consistently with achievements and the team/togetherness spirit, gone in a puff overnight.

The act of shooting oneself in the foot right there
His bonus was for financial achievements being met though

His bonus was for financial achievements being met though

Yes, but also did he not pay himself to the point when he was the highest paid CEO in the league?
When you're telling the players and manager that they cannot be paid like their peers at other top 4 clubs, but you yourself are payimg yourself higher than your equivalent peers, well...it's not a good look.
Before being paid that bonus/payrise, Levy should have publicly gone to every key player offering them a bumper payrise.

The all-for-one group rise has been our key weapon against the other big teams, we ballsed up that ethic quite a bit there imo

Back