• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Shoot-yourself-in-the-foot mentality Inbred at our club

glorygloryeze

Ian Walker
I have to say, i think it starts at the very top...

A great position to push on, but fall asleep at the wheel...just like Lloris, Aurier, Gazzaniga, Dier etc

Its because we try to sign a certain calibre of player with high level attributes but we had/have to look in the cheaper side of the market so those players have some of the higher tier qualities we want but also some obvious weaknesses. This is the reason they play for Spurs and not Barcelona.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I think we attrack a level of player who is happy to be second best.
We cant't/won't shop in the elite bracket and it's an easy get out for some of our players.
Kane and dele are winners, the rest no.

As huge fan as I am of Levy he needs to carry the can for a lot of this, champagne ambition, lemonade spending.

I don’t think our transfer policy and procedures do us any favours leaving deals so late which doesn’t give people like Lo Celso for example any pre season at all. We also need to think bigger and go for a higher calibre player which hopefully we will now the stadium is in place, otherwise why go through the hassle of a stadium migration? Also don’t agree with the “waiting till the other big clubs buy players before act” line that gets trotted out when we leave it so long before signing players.

Beyond that I think it’s unfair to say it starts at the top. I think it’s on the players, they have a tendency to hit the self destruct button when things go against us. We don’t seem to have any discipline, composure or bottle when it comes to the big games. It’s also a culture of falling short when it matters that goes back even further to the 80s when we had teams in contention to win every trophy in 87 and ended up winning nothing.

Don’t ask me how Jose changes that. Better players would help but we also need proven, experienced winners on the pitch.

We cant't/won't shop in the elite bracket and it's an easy get out for some of our players.

As huge fan as I am of Levy he needs to carry the can for a lot of this, champagne ambition, lemonade spending.
Prosecco and Cava are often better than champagne, are half the price and comes with less headache.

Hahaha .. this is why I stay away after a loss. This has nothing to do with mentality, it's quality

- Under Jose we have won against teams "lower" than us and lost against United, Bayern and Chelsea
- The reason being our CM partnership will not work at that level, so we end up inviting too much pressure on ourselves.
- Dier, Sissoko and Gazza is no one's idea of first choice (said it a week ago, Gazza is not Hugo and not long ago was 3rd choice)

We will see a few of these (probably next one against Pool in Jan) and we will likely win a few more against "Expected" opposition.

Way out is getting N'dombele & Lo Celso fit and adding in January

I am hoping that in the summer we can buy a couple of winners, said it for a while now but we have so many players who lack the mentality to be winners. I am hoping some of Jose's mentality will rub off on a few but we have seen a lot of our players over the seasons fail when the brick hits the fan.

Hahaha .. this is why I stay away after a loss. This has nothing to do with meteorology, it's quality

- Under Jose we have won against teams "lower" than us and lost against United, Bayern and Chelsea
- The reason being our CM partnership will not work at that level, so we end up inviting too much pressure on ourselves.
- Dier, Sissoko and Gazza is no one's idea of first choice (said it a week ago, Gazza is not Hugo and not long ago was 3rd choice)

We will see a few of these (probably next one against Pool in Jan) and we will likely win a few more against "Expected" opposition.

Way out is getting N'dombele & Lo Celso fit and adding in January

Are you not one of the posters blaming the last manager for not getting enough out of a team with this much quality.
The problem isn't and wasn't the manager, it's a lack of quality and mentality in the squad.

Lack of leaders
Lack of brains
Lack of flexibility
If we keep on signing genuinely stupid players we’re screwed
You look at this team and you cannot see a player who take charge and try to change things before the manager does
It’s a skill or mindset that’s been coached out of players

Lack of leaders
Lack of brains
Lack of flexibility
You look at this team and you cannot see a player who take charge and try to change things before the manager does

Been saying for three years on here that we need to sign a leader.

According to one poster in particular, though, all a captain does is organise the Christmas party...:D:rolleyes:

Lack of leaders
Lack of brains
Lack of flexibility

This for me is /has been our biggest problem for a while.

Are you not one of the posters blaming the last manager for not getting enough out of a team with this much quality.
The problem isn't and wasn't the manager, it's a lack of quality and meteorology in the squad.

That's a very good point...which suggests it starts at the top...

You should copyright that phrase before someone else does!:D:D

The long-standing classic line has been: champagne ambition, beer budget.

But I can see where Levy would save the beer for the lucrative bar taps.

It’s simply mental preparation, we are not doing enough to rewire their brains, these are techniques that can be coached, it’s a failing on the club.

Back