• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The race for 86 points

I think so, with Chelsea and Arsenal, the north is fighting for fourth

As much as it grates for you haha, Liverpool are in it, especially with their best players back and fit (Mane, Matip and Coutinho). I don't think they defend well enough to win it though. It will be us or Chelsea.

As much as it grates for you haha, Liverpool are in it, especially with their best players back and fit (Mane, Matip and Coutinho). I don't think they defend well enough to win it though. It will be us or Chelsea.

their defence is why I discount them, technically and tactically, they were under the cosh at 1-0 today but were leaving 3/4 men upfield, no surprise that after a bit of ping pong united managed to find an unmarked head in the box

Liverpoo are due a weak spell - they haven't had one at all this season....though having said that, I remember thinking exactly the same about Leicester last season

My money is on all three London teams making the top 4 plus one of the northerners. Arsenal always finish top 4 and cheatski are too well positioned; my biggest fear is that we put too much effort into the EL and the distraction causes us to drop points. Now that we have a genuine chance of a very high finish, I really hope that Poch rests say 5 first choice players for every EL game

Can we change the subject to fight for the title now? I think we as a fan base need to act like the club we now are. We had managers last season saying we were the best team they played against. Statistically, until the final day we were the best team in every department in the league. We have what is pretty much universally agreed now as the best defensive players. We have an awesome striker. We have beasts in midfield. We have players that can unlock packed defences.

I'm not saying we are going to win the league. But we are challengers, and I think having a thread around our season calling it the fight for the top 4 is symptomatic of our fan base not being confident in where we're at. And also, it's the same thinking that means certain media outlets will print a story saying that clubs performing well below our standard can bid for our players, and be successful, as if it is in any way realistic. Last season the objective at the start was the top 4. But we out performed. Why do people think we'd go backwards this year? Because the 'big clubs' spent money? They spent money last year too. They don't have our spirit, they don't have the comfort in their systems like we do, they don't have our players that get better with every passing month.

Times have changed. We will have bad runs of form again. There's a good chance we won't win the league. But in the same way that Atletico Madrid have established themselves among the elite in Spain, we've done it here. Believe it guys!!!

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f6f4f4965766d542e706e67

Liverpool have an easy finish to the season and no European distractions. We really need to get a result against them I think.

When we are able to field first-choices in all positions, we are very strong all over the pitch and for my money the best team in the league; we just haven't quite got the required depth to cover all the bases in key positions. That's what would really make the difference for us in a title push. We can do it; we'll just need Lady Luck to crack a smile in our direction with injuries etc.

When we are able to field first-choices in all positions, we are very strong all over the pitch and for my money the best team in the league; we just haven't quite got the required depth to cover all the bases in key positions. That's what would really make the difference for us in a title push. We can do it; we'll just need Lady Luck to crack a smile in our direction with injuries etc.

Agreed. But who do Chelsea have backing up their vital wing backs? Arsenal if Sanchez is out? Look how Liverpool have stuttered with a few injuries. City without Fernandinho...

Kane and Alderweireld are real difference makers that make the rest of the team step up in quality because of their presence. But I'm pretty happy having back ups like Wimmer, Son, Sissoko, Winks, Trippier, Davies. There's some real talent there.

Agreed. But who do Chelsea have backing up their vital wing backs? Arsenal if Sanchez is out? Look how Liverpool have stuttered with a few injuries. City without Fernandinho...

Kane and Alderweireld are real difference makers that make the rest of the team step up in quality because of their presence. But I'm pretty happy having back ups like Wimmer, Son, Sissoko, Winks, Trippier, Davies. There's some real talent there.

About to post the similar, I don't think anyone has an inarguably stronger depth chart than us, where would United be without the Zlatan too.

We are in this.

Manu could pass the Arse. I hope so. All to be decided, only the chavs have a clear advantage. Pool and Chavs not being in europe will be key imo. What the rest do with europe may define the league outcome.

We should be 4th favourites for the title realistically. If we go out in this round of the EL we'll have 10 or 15 cup finals again to see where we finish in the league.

Last edited:

There certainly is, and I'm not trying to suggest other teams can't be affected by injuries to key players, although I do feel we tend to be a bit more brittle in that regard, especially when it comes to getting the ball in the net. The usual suspects have their measure of creativity and of goals spread over just that critical mass of a few more players, for me. We have certainly lifted ourselves to a level where we have to be considered serious competitors though, and that is a feat in itself given the relative constraints we operate under. Long may it keep getting better.

I've said it all season

Take away the genuine world class game changers from any side and they would suffer

There certainly is, and I'm not trying to suggest other teams can't be affected by injuries to key players, although I do feel we tend to be a bit more brittle in that regard, especially when it comes to getting the ball in the net. The usual suspects have their measure of creativity and of goals spread over just that critical mass of a few more players, for me. We have certainly lifted ourselves to a level where we have to be considered serious competitors though, and that is a feat in itself given the relative constraints we operate under. Long may it keep getting better.

Actually they don't... look at the scoring charts and we have two in the top 8/10

And son and Erisken not far behind

Pool don't have anyone in double figures and Milner now is one of their top scorers due to pens

Chelsea rely heavily on Costa as we know although they did great without Him against the pub team yesterday

Arse only have giroud or Sanchez scoring

City rely massively on aguero and de bruyne

Actually they don't... look at the scoring charts and we have two in the top 8/10

And son and Erisken not far behind

Pool don't have anyone in double figures and Milner now is one of their top scorers due to pens

Chelsea rely heavily on Costa as we know although they did great without Him against the pub team yesterday

Arse only have giroud or Sanchez scoring

City rely massively on aguero and de bruyne

A fine reflection of the brilliant run of form our key personnel have been in lately, but still only a snapshot. Let's just hope we can keep that momentum going for the rest of the season.

I think whether Costa surfaces again soon will have a big impact on Chelsea's season. If he disappears after the money then they will get drawn into the pack eventually.

Can we change the subject to fight for the title now? I think we as a fan base need to act like the club we now are. We had managers last season saying we were the best team they played against. Statistically, until the final day we were the best team in every department in the league. We have what is pretty much universally agreed now as the best defensive players. We have an awesome striker. We have beasts in midfield. We have players that can unlock packed defences.

I'm not saying we are going to win the league. But we are challengers, and I think having a thread around our season calling it the fight for the top 4 is symptomatic of our fan base not being confident in where we're at. And also, it's the same thinking that means certain media outlets will print a story saying that clubs performing well below our standard can bid for our players, and be successful, as if it is in any way realistic. Last season the objective at the start was the top 4. But we out performed. Why do people think we'd go backwards this year? Because the 'big clubs' spent money? They spent money last year too. They don't have our spirit, they don't have the comfort in their systems like we do, they don't have our players that get better with every passing month.

Times have changed. We will have bad runs of form again. There's a good chance we won't win the league. But in the same way that Atletico Madrid have established themselves among the elite in Spain, we've done it here. Believe it guys!!!
Call it what you want, I don't think what we believe here affects the boys on the pitch. But if it did by way of some sentiment affecting how loud we sing at the stadium, or the way we get reported in the press, I'd rather it would be that it allows us to fly under the radar for a little longer.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back