• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The race for 86 points

I'd be over the moon, and equally astounded if we pick up 19 points from 6 games. If we can continue to pick up points that way, we're in for a truly record breaking season. Ok, I'll stop now ;)

Joys of typing in bed... after a long day

But hey if you wanna be a record breaker you have to push boundaries... and maybe fix the table some how

I'd be over the moon, and equally astounded if we pick up 19 points from 6 games. If we can continue to pick up points that way, we're in for a truly record breaking season. Ok, I'll stop now ;)

You haven't heard about the NBC sponsored bonus point for winning 6 on the bounce?

I am not concerning myself with 19 points out of a possible 21, I just want 3 points and no injuries today, that is all that matters today

Emirates Marketing Project, are they all that?

They lost to us 2:0

They lost to Chelsea 3:1

They are yet to play the Goons and I can see Sanchez and co ripping their defence apart next week

They are yet to play the Scousers

We're now able to rest our players against Moscow and focus on getting in the top 4.

If we do it won't it all feel like deja vu next summer when we have PL and CL to play? And how do we avoid the same vicious circle and actually compete in the CL?

Well if we do it then we need to review the woeful transfer business done last summer, Wanyama aside.

No more of these speculative njies and N'koudous and outright senseless buys like sissoko. That's a combined 42m that could have been spent on one genuine star to improve us.

We're one of the big boys now and it's about damn time we started to behave like them too.

We're now able to rest our players against Moscow and focus on getting in the top 4.

If we do it won't it all feel like deja vu next summer when we have PL and CL to play? And how do we avoid the same vicious circle and actually compete in the CL?

Well if we do it then we need to review the woeful transfer business done last summer, Wanyama aside.

No more of these speculative njies and N'koudous and outright senseless buys like sissoko. That's a combined 42m that could have been spent on one genuine star to improve us.

We're one of the big boys now and it's about damn time we started to behave like them too.

I think it takes 2 or 3 consecutive seasons to find the balance. None of our established regulars United,Arsenal and Chelsea hit the heights straight away and City are only just getting going in the CL.
If we can qualify again this season, I think this seasons experience will prove vital and we wont make the same mistakes again. Although I still feel 4th place is just one place beyond us...at present

I think it takes 2 or 3 consecutive seasons to find the balance. None of our established regulars United,Arsenal and Chelsea hit the heights straight away and City are only just getting going in the CL.
If we can qualify again this season, I think this seasons experience will prove vital and we wont make the same mistakes again. Although I still feel 4th place is just one place beyond us...at present

Well City are there for the taking IMO In the league - haven't won at home since mid September and can't keep clean sheets

I also think Arsenal are one injury away from a probelm as their massively reliant on the brilliance of Sanchez

Chelsea won't drop form much and theirping ball football doesn't need much energy really - thet remind me so much of Leiceter

Liverpoo are getting injuries now so will Have a blip im sure

At least next year we will live and breathe Wembley

I too hope we rest Kane, Walker, Rose etc. Makes no sense to play a full strength side after playing a rotated side against Monaco. I want the big players to be fresh for Utd next Sunday.

I too hope we rest Kane, Walker, Rose etc. Makes no sense to play a full strength side after playing a rotated side against Monaco. I want the big players to be fresh for Utd next Sunday.

Agree with that. Play people like Wimmer, CCV, Trippier, Winks, Sissoko, Nkoudou etc. We shouldnt need to start more than a couple players who will start against Man U - Rose might need to start both given Davies injury, Wanyama or Dier to partner Winks in CM and perhaps one attacker or CF depending on the injury situation

Huge game against MNU next weekend

A TOT win will keep MNU well back and ARS/LIV/MNC within reach
A TOT loss will be a big, big kick in the teeth for our ambitions

34 CHE
31 ARS
30 LIV MNC
27 TOT
23 MNU if they beat EVE
20 WBA

A TOT win will keep MNU well back and ARS/LIV/MNC within reach
A TOT loss will be a big, big kick in the teeth for our ambitions

34 CHE
31 ARS
30 LIV MNC
27 TOT
23 MNU if they beat EVE
20 WBA

United today look really disjointed

To be 3 points off of 4th having had Dembele, Kane and Alderweireld out for significant periods is a really good achievement at this stage. Not to mention Alli and Lamela having a fair few games out, playing one of our biggest games with no natural left back, and generally seeing key players seemingly take a little longer than most to get over the Euros.

To be where we are, particularly with the Kane, Toby and Dembele injuries is really good. We are just hitting form at a point where Liverpool are finally having to deal with injuries. Sanchez is looking great but Arsenal aren't unbeatable, and neither are City.

Here's hoping that if Janssen and Sissoko have settled in better for the second half of the season, our superior team spirit could see us perform down the vital stretch like the Spurs of last year.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX CHE 34
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ARS 31
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX L/M 30
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX TOT 27
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX MNU 21
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX WBA 20

Another thing to say is that our draws against West Brom and Bournemouth now look half decent, despite being frustrating at the time. West Brom pushing for the top 6 and Bournemouth beating Liverpool....

Definitely a frustrating draw at home to Leceister and the CL run...but we're actually sitting pretty good.

Back