• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 'Where Are They Now?' Thread

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
By some kind of demand, a thread to talk about our former players. It's become a rather extensive list in recent years, hope I haven't missed too many:

Carlo Cudicini - LA Galaxy
Rafael Van Der Vaart - Hamburger SV
Giovani Dos Santos - Mallorca
David Button - Charlton
Luka Modric - Real Madrid
Sebastien Bassong - Norwich
Louis Saha - Sunderland (possibly released)
Steven Pienaar - Everton
Ben Alnwick - Barnsley
Niko Kranjcar - Dynamo Kiev
Vedran Corluka - Lokomotiv Moscow
Oscar Jansson - Shamrock Rovers
Ryan Nelsen - QPR (soon Toronto FC)

Roman Pavlyuchenko - Lokomotiv Moscow
Alan Hutton - Aston Villa
Peter Crouch - Stoke
Robbie Keane - LA Galaxy
Wilson Palacios - Stoke

Stipe Pletikosa - FK Rostov
Jamie O'Hara - Wolverhampton
Eidur Gudjohnsen - FC Brugge

Kevin-Prince Boateng - AC Milan
Darren Bent - Aston Villa
Adel Taarabt - QPR
Tomas Pekhart - FC Nurnberg
Ricardo Rocha - Portsmouth
Pascal Chimbonda - Free agent
Lee Butcher - Leyton Orient
Didier Zokora - Trabzonspor

Fraizer Campbell - Cardiff
Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham
Anthony Gardner - Sheffield Wednesday
Chris Gunter - Reading
Hossam Ghaly - El Ahly Kairo
Charlie Daniels - Bournemouth
Dorian Dervitte - Charlton
Cesar Sanchez - Retired
Young-Pyo Lee - Vancouver Whitecaps
Troy Archibald-Henville - Swindon Town
Paul Stalteri - Retired

Jonathan Woodgate - Middlesbrough
Gilberto - Retired
Rodrigo Defendi - Botafogo
Reto Ziegler - Juventus (currently on loan at Lokomotiv Moscow)
Joe Martin - Gillingham
Lee Barnard - Southampton
Wayne Routledge - Swansea
Phil Ifil - Kettering Town
Mido - Free agent
Danny Murphy - Blackburn
Mark Yeates - Watford
Charlie Lee - Gillingham

Steed Malbranque - Lyon
Radek Cerny - QPR
Mark Hughes - Bury
Calum Davenport - Wootton Blue Cross
Marton Fulop - Asteras Tripolis
Edgar Davids - FC Barnet
Michael Carrick - Manchester United
Andy Reid - Nottingham Forest
Stephen Kelly - Reading
Dean Marney - Burnley
Johnnie Jackson - Charlton
Goran Bunjevcevic - Sporting director at Red Star Belgrade
Mounir El Hamdaoui - Fiorentina
Naybet - Retired

Gregorz Rasiak - Lechia Gdansk
Teemu Tainio - HJK Helsinki
Tommy Forecast - Gillingham
Michael Brown - Leeds
Noe Pamarot - Hercules
Sean Davis - Retired
Pedro Mendes - Retired
Erik Edman - Helsingborgs
Thimotee Atouba - Las Palmas
Frederick Kanoute - Beijing Guoan
Simon Davies - Fulham
Spase Dilevski - Melbourne Victory

David Limbersky - Viktoria Plzen
Paul Robinson - Blackburn
Sergei Rebrov - Assistant Coach at Dynamo Kiev
Milenko Acimovic - Sporting Director at Olympia Ljubljana
Rohan Ricketts - Deportivo Quevedo (Ecuador)
Mbulelo Mabizela - BIDVest Wits (South Africa)
Kasey Keller - Retired
Mauricio Taricco - Assistant Coach at Brighton
Lars Hirschfeld - Vålerenga Oslo
Helder Postiga - Real Zaragoza
Stephen Carr - Birmingham
Stephane Dalmat - Retired

Jonathan Blondel - FC Brugge
Bobby Zamora - QPR
Paul Konchesky - Leicester
Matthew Etherington - Stoke
Ben Thatcher - Retired
Steffen Iversen - Retired
Neil Sullivan - AFC Wimbledon
John Sutton - Hearts
Steffen Freund - Assistant Head Coach at Tottenham
Kazuyuki Toda - Singapore Armed Forces

Jamie Redknapp - twunt
Gus Poyet - Manager at Brighton
Ronnie Henry - Luton
Shwan Jalal - Bournemouth
Yannick Kamanan - FC Gabala (Azerbaijan)
Stephen Clemence - Assistant Coach Sunderland Reserves
Luke Young - QPR
Neale Fenn - Swords Celtic FC
Ian Walker - Goalkeeping Coach at Shanghai Shenhua
Mark Gower - Swansea
Jose Dominguez - Manager of Sporting Lisbon B
Justin Edinburgh - Manager of Newport County
Espen Baardsen - Investment Banker
Ruel Fox - Manager of Montserrat
Gary Doherty - Wycombe Wanderers
Colin Calderwood - Assistant Coach at Norwich

I saw a "Pav's first 10 goals for Spurs" vid on here the other day. Sigh! I always enjoyed his goals...maybe he rose to the occasion, scoring against Liverpool for example.

Has Fraizer Campbell signed a permanent deal with Cardiff? Didn't hear about that one. He was always useless anyway. One good game for us against Liverpool in the League Cup.

I saw a "Pav's first 10 goals for Spurs" vid on here the other day. Sigh! I always enjoyed his goals...maybe he rose to the occasion, scoring against Liverpool for example.

His Youtube compilations are always good, as on his day the guy could finish....

His Youtube compilations are always good, as on his day the guy could finish....

He wasn't a superstar but he had a decent goals to games ratio and scored some vital goals for us. The thing I admired most about him was even when he wasn't first choice when he was called upon he still scored goals.

Really surprised Lambert hasn't, err, utilized the thug that is Hutton. In their dire state, I'd say they could, err, do with his sort of, hmm, 'enthusiasm'?!!

Really surprised Lambert hasn't, err, utilized the thug that is Hutton. In their dire state, I'd say they could, err, do with his sort of, hmm, 'enthusiasm'?!!

Would fail a drugs test if he was in first team squad.

whatever happened to Yannick Kamanan the french striker, saw him in a youth match thought he was better then henry haha.

japenesegardenlover;295042[B said:
]Would fail a drugs test if he was in first team squad.[/B]

whatever happened to Yannick Kamanan the french striker, saw him in a youth match thought he was better then henry haha.

:)

That's a good read cheers Jordinho.

Although I think Gilberto should be changed from 'retired' to 'just gave up in the end'.:lol:

The Man, The Myth, The Legend: Paul Stalteri retires

Paul Stalteri Retires from Professional Soccer

By Dave Rowaan on Mar 20 2013, 1:01p @soccercanada 1

Canada's most capped male player has officially decided to call it a career taking with him over a decade of top flight European experience and 84 Canadian caps.

Paul Stalteri may well go down as one of the best Canadian players of all-time. He may have been left out of the CSA's All-Time XI for the men's team in favour of a back-line consisting of Robert Iarusci, Randy Samuel, Jason DeVos, and Bruce Wilson (none of which are right-backs!) but his legacy with Canada is clear.

With his retirement being made official on Wednesday afternoon, Stalteri goes into the history books as the most capped Canadian international of all time. He made 84 total appearances for his country and on 30 of those occasions he led the team out and wore the captain's arm band.

Serving as both a right back and a midfielder Stalteri found success for both club and country. His resume with Canada is highlighted by being part of the team that won the Gold Cup back in 2000. He was also selected the Canadian Male Player of the Year on two occasions taking home the award for his performances in 2001 and 2004.

There is no doubt that the man referred to as 'diesel' had a very successful career for Canada and was an integral part of the little success that the program has tasted in recent years. Sadly though, it is injuries that have forced the 35 year old Etobicoke native to hang up his boots.

Stalteri was forced to have two operations in recent years and has been on the sidelines trying to make a comeback for the past two years. His final game for Canada came back on October 8th, 2010 when the then 32 year old Stalteri went the full 90 minutes in a 2-2 draw against Ukraine in a friendly match.

The other end of his career for Canada came when a 19 year old Stalteri earned his first cap. The teenager came on to play the second half of a 1-0 defeat in a friendly against Iran on August 17, 1997, the same game Jason De Vos made his debut. He made his debut for the senior team after a very successful career for Canada at the youth levels which included competing in World Cups at both the under 17 and under 20 levels. He was also a member of the Canadian team that won the 1996 CONCACAF U20 Championship thanks to a 2-0 win over the United States in the final.

If Stalteri's career with Canada was good his club career was great. He reached height in the European game that very few other Canadians have achieved and remains the only Canadian player who can boast owning a Bundesliga winners medal.

His career got off to a modest start as he signed his first professional deal with the Toronto Lynx but an impressive debut season saw him catch the eye of Werder Bremen who purchased the defender from the Toronto club. It took him some time to work his way up from Bremen's reserve side but once he broke into the first team he quickly became a regular racking up over 150 appearances for the club.

His best year with Bremen came in 2003/2004 when he was a key member of their double winning side as the club brought home the Bundesliga title along with Germany’s top domestic cup, the DFB-Pokal Cup. A year later he would use all that success to seal a move to Tottenham Hotspur.

He joined Spurs in 2005 and was a regular in their starting lineup during his first season with the club helping them to a strong league finish that saw them just miss out on a Champions League place. In the following years though the club would bring in other players and Stalteri found his minutes limited.

Spurs' new additions made Stalteri surplus to their needs and he was eventually sent out on loan to Fulham in 2008. He had some success at Craven Cottage but at the end of his loan spell with the club he returned to Tottenham where his contract was terminated by mutual consent.

Stalteri would end his career back in Germany as he joined fellow Canadian Rob Friend at Borussia Mönchengladbach. He would have one decent season with them in 2009 but then the injuries began to slow his career down.

Now, nearly 16 years after making his professional debut for the Toronto Lynx, Paul Stalteri is calling it a career. Taking with him over 200 appearances in two of Europe's top leagues, 84 caps for Canada, and some memorable goals along the way.

When asked about his legacy Stalteri said it best when he remarked, "It will be up to the fans to decide how I am remembered." I can only speak for myself but as someone who watched a lot of Premiership games in the mid-2000's Stalteri is someone I will remember very fondly as he was the one Canadian player that I got to watch going up against some of the best players in the World.

What will be your lasting impression of Paul Stalteri? Should he go down as one of the Canadian greats?

http://www.wakingthered.com/2013/3/20/4127364/paul-stalteri-retires-from-professional-soccer

Re: The Man, The Myth, The Legend: Paul Stalteri retires

Provided one of my most celebrated goals of all time.... And not much else. Cheers for this though Paul

[video=youtube;oUyfb_5r_7o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUyfb_5r_7o[/video]

Courtesy of Enter The Pitbull:

[video=youtube;lQJLJKzkmrc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQJLJKzkmrc[/video]

What. A. Guy. Diesel 4 life.

My personal favourite was when he skewed a clearance to the deadly Gallas who slammed it home from 60 yards in typical fashion.

I'll always remember him just giving up with Adebayor at Highbury before Henry equalised.

[video=youtube;kG1KTKxR7bM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG1KTKxR7bM[/video]

What. A. Guy. Diesel 4 life.

My personal favourite was when he skewed a clearance to the deadly Gallas who slammed it home from 60 yards in typical fashion.

[video=youtube;eYulCxf7GhE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYulCxf7GhE[/video]

Back