• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***The official health and fitness thread***

I've got a achillles problem which doesn't want To go away.

I've had to change my routine fully. So much so I'm watching what I eat. I've stopped eating carbs altogether and swim twice a week. I think I've lost a bit of weight but I havent weighed myself to be sure.

I used to play football every Monday, wights Tuesday,. Rest Wednesday, cardio Thursday, rest Friday, mixture on Saturday, rest Sunday.

Now I can't play football or run so I've replaced my Monday and Thursday with swimming.

I'm having acupuncture to help my achilles recover quickly. Apparently my leg circulation isn't good.

I'm kick starting my health regime. I started this thread but I'm the biggest culprit of all the sinners. I've barely exercised lately. I've not eaten healthily and as a consequence, I've gained a stone and a half in weight inside little more than 4 months!!

Time to shed it and get it to stay off. I'm going to do a weekly report on here. Hopefully that will help me on the right path.

Actually I started this thread El G so nur nur na nur nur! :)

Just back from gym and carrying 3 stone less than in may makes so much difference. Doing insanity too right now which is the hardest form of exercise I've ever known.

Actually I started this thread El G so nur nur na nur nur! :)

Just back from gym and carrying 3 stone less than in may makes so much difference. Doing insanity too right now which is the hardest form of exercise I've ever known.

Ah, but I started the original ;) so in still the founder of this thread, albeit it now has a new incarnation.

Weight loss since mid May is now bang on 3 stone.

Impressive. I've lost about the same, gone from 90kg to 71kg (42lbs, almost bang on 3 stone) and felt pretty good this summer.

Looking forward to the winter, eat big, lift big, slowly put a stone back on and hopefully stay lean. 2lbs/month for the next 6 months, then hit up triathlon season in March.

Impressive. I've lost about the same, gone from 90kg to 71kg (42lbs, almost bang on 3 stone) and felt pretty good this summer.

Looking forward to the winter, eat big, lift big, slowly put a stone back on and hopefully stay lean. 2lbs/month for the next 6 months, then hit up triathlon season in March.

Yeah I wanna get down to 195 lbs (14 stone) and do the same. I was 19 stone in May so the weight loss will put me in good shape to then put on lean muscle. Will eat 2800 calories and lift heavy.

After doing splits for a bit and drinking a lot, I went back to full bodies last week. I always make more gains on those

After some advice. When I used to exercise always did a lot of running which worked really well but had a load of ops on my knee over the years and I'm thinking I'd rather not run on it even on the treadmill. I was on the cross trainer the other day but it doesn't seem as good, didn't feel as though I'd had a similar level of workout to a run so assume it burns less calories.

What are the other decent cardio alternatives to running that are likely to burn off the most calories?

After some advice. When I used to exercise always did a lot of running which worked really well but had a load of ops on my knee over the years and I'm thinking I'd rather not run on it even on the treadmill. I was on the cross trainer the other day but it doesn't seem as good, didn't feel as though I'd had a similar level of workout to a run so assume it burns less calories.

What are the other decent cardio alternatives to running that are likely to burn off the most calories?

Rowing is awesome - all over workout.

I use that combined with the Eliptical. I guess it all depends how hard you work, any machine is good but all about getting the Heart Rate up to the zone you wanna work at.

Elipitcal? Is that the cross trainer. Like you say a lot depends on the intensity and resistance level I guess. Need to up it and push myself more.

+1 for rowing machine.

Also bikes are good if you can do a program that has some high intensity **** like hill climbs.

Elipitcal? Is that the cross trainer. Like you say a lot depends on the intensity and resistance level I guess. Need to up it and push myself more.

Cross trainer yeah. I do an hour of it (on non weight days) at increasing intensity every ten minutes. I get HR to around 150-160 which is about 75-80% of maximum HR.

Havent been to the gym in three months due to knee issues which caned me. Put on four kilos. Need to get rid asap. Worked hard originally to lose 4 stone in 5 months. Now need to lose 4kgs again arghhhhh.,

Anyone here into Brazilian Jiu Jitsu? I did a bit of BJJ last year, but got a new job which crashed with the practising hours, so had to quit. Bit of a bummer, as it was an excellent workout, and great for the brain too! Human chess, or whatever they call it. :)

So apparently I've lost a bit of weight recently - I wore my suit for the first time in ages a couple of weeks ago and it was bit loose and my ex gf just told me she's noticed I've lost a bit of weight (apparently my cheekbones are looking good)

I haven't done too much in terms of exercise or diet, but heres what I have done the last few months.

Running- I try and do half an hour of running 3 or 4 times a week.
Sugar- I've cut out sugar as much as I can, no fizzy drinks etc
Diet- I read about the importance of Testosterone on The Art Of Manliness website and I've tried to change my diet to get in as many foods that boost T as possible. I'll try and buy nuts instead of crisps for example, I get bags of frozen spinach in tesco which is convenient to add some to every curry or pasta dish I make, try and eat more avocado etc.

I'm intrigued by testosterone and how influential/important it can be on the body and my mood. I've never been a real manly man, with big muscles or facial hair so I'm wondering how much of a difference trying to increase my T could be.

I drink loads, which is apparently bad for T, as well as just being generally unhealthy, but I've signed up to do Dryathlon in January for Cancer Research UK so will use the money I save from that to do some classes- I'm thinking Salsa, a martial art and bootcamps?

This thread should be interesting come January as we all try and make up for our christmas indulgences :eek:)

Hey.

I'm now down 4.5 stone since May. Size 44 waist to 36 and pushing 34. I'm running 15-20 miles a week and increasing by 1 mile every week.

How's everyone getting on?

Undid a fair bit of good work over 6 months in the last couple weeks. A lot of Xmas lunches at work, Xmas desserts, etc and little time for exercise.

Going to go out with a bang today bring my last Xmas activity then back on it tomorrow. Have a couple weeks off work so no excuse not to do at least one thing each day.

I'm going to get back on it tomorrow, I've put on a couple of stone over the past few months. I now weigh more than I'd like and it's about time that I took action to resolve this, rather than sit on my **** and eat crap.

I figure that running will be my salvation.

I'm using the Runkeeper app. Find it pretty good, giving you speed, distance and time updates during your run.

Im heading back in the gym tonight after a few weeks off and going for two weeks, no carbs (use body fat as natural carbs/sugar) no milk in drinks, no booze, loads of protein and veg and full body weight sessions 3 x a week.

That will get me kick started to my new regime hopefully

Back