• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***The official health and fitness thread***

Frigging shattered today, really hard work out but I actually feel fitter and stronger then I did this time last year. Think I am on a level field with my mental health, eating healthily and weighing 13 stone 6 so down 8 pounds from the start of the year which is a good weight for my height. My left side is feeling a lot stronger then 8 months ago and I am not feeling any weakness there.

Is hard work though this keeping fit, footballers do not know how lucky they are dedicating their lives to it.

Frigging shattered today, really hard work out but I actually feel fitter and stronger then I did this time last year. Think I am on a level field with my mental health, eating healthily and weighing 13 stone 6 so down 8 pounds from the start of the year which is a good weight for my height. My left side is feeling a lot stronger then 8 months ago and I am not feeling any weakness there.

Is hard work though this keeping fit, footballers do not know how lucky they are dedicating their lives to it.

I am around 13 stone 8 but 5ft 10, i Guess that makes me overweight according to the stats. How did you lose your weight? 50/50 eating healthily/gym or more skewed towards one

I am around 13 stone 8 but 5ft 10, i Guess that makes me overweight according to the stats. How did you lose your weight? 50/50 eating healthily/gym or more skewed towards one

Been a bit of a gym bunny. A lot of cardio work and some weights i am also swimming twice i week as well as some HIT.

A lot better with the booze and eating less,

As i said in another thread gone vegan 90% of the time.

The eating well is having a good impact, the weight trainning is helping my balance. Weight is 13 stone 2 and i want to be 12 stone 8 or there abouts.

Do ice baths which is just feeling a bath with about 30 ice cubes and cold water but it helps with relaxing muscles.

Any tips i can get from pro athletes and put into my own life in some small way i do.

Also been reading the book captain class.

Well I am shattered, done 80 miles of cycling today. Broke it up to 3 rides with some rest in between. I do feel really good though, breathing from the bottom of my lungs, my head is clear.

Doing some weights later and keeping up my strength. Not eating as great as I could and although I have not been drunk in ages I am still having the odd beer and I wanted to kick it completely. But I say to myself that a little of what you like is a good thing now and again.

Not been vegan completely, it was to hard work though I do enjoy vegan meals from time to time.

The Parkinsons so far has not been to bad, the is a weakness in my left arm sometimes and of course the massive mood melt downs but on the whole being healthy has been good for me mentally and made me more positive.

Well I am shattered, done 80 miles of cycling today. Broke it up to 3 rides with some rest in between. I do feel really good though, breathing from the bottom of my lungs, my head is clear.

Doing some weights later and keeping up my strength. Not eating as great as I could and although I have not been drunk in ages I am still having the odd beer and I wanted to kick it completely. But I say to myself that a little of what you like is a good thing now and again.

Not been vegan completely, it was to hard work though I do enjoy vegan meals from time to time.

The Parkinsons so far has not been to bad, the is a weakness in my left arm sometimes and of course the massive mood melt downs but on the whole being healthy has been good for me mentally and made me more positive.

Good man. You are doing the very best you can do, and I personally believe that this in itself helps massively in the old brain box.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Well done mate! Put most of us to shame [emoji28]

After an ice bath do you have a hot shower? Or a tin of the yellow stuff?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I swear by an ice bath followed by a warm shower. Been putting ice packs and then hot water bottles on my back.

Recovery is so important, we need to learn little bits from atheletes and use it in our own lifes.

Funny thing is when i was labouring 30 years ago i would get so hot that when i got home i would put ice in a bucket and put my head in it. Been doing that on and off for the last 30 years. Read the other week kate moss does this for young looking skin. Maybe why i can pass for early 40s when im 52.

Well I have just been violently sick all night. Bit of flu going around at the part time job I have so maybe I picked something up, must have lost weight never puked so much in all my life.

How are people getting on with the home work out vibes then? Or are we on a collective "fudge it let's get fat" approach

Motivation and diet took a slight hit once my white collar training was inevitably delayed / cancelled but back on a good routine now. Got a rowing machine has really helped as a low impact cardio as me knees aren't the best.

I'm doing this 8 minute ab workout with old uni mates every day which is so brilliantly retro. It's probably more just about the habit of seeing people other than whom I'm on lockdown with, which is beneficial.

Got my personal trainer converted to a video session, and doing 3 a week. Other than that, just trying to get out everyday and maintain 10,000 steps minimum.
Not home drinking either, so diets decent....Bar my raging sugar addiction which is going to have to go cold turkey soon.

Got my personal trainer converted to a video session, and doing 3 a week. Other than that, just trying to get out everyday and maintain 10,000 steps minimum.
Not home drinking either, so diets decent....Bar my raging sugar addiction which is going to have to go cold turkey soon.

Great to hear! As for the rest of you lazy fudgers.........

I don't want to pry, when you mention going cold turkey on the raging sugar addiction what is the reasoning? I only ask as that's where my diet really falls down, it's so very easy to fall in to a binge and as I've quit everything else it's the main and only go to vice. I feel that my day to day diet has probably too much naturally occurring sugars in it anyways ie Through a usual day I'd have pineapple /apricots in my lunch salad + a greek yoghurt with dried fruit + occasionally have honey with weetabix + a protein shake following muscle training....Even things like a handful of frozen berries I throw in to my overnight oats. So this is before I have any "slips" (which I've been doing very well at avoiding up until the last two days which I blame on cabin fever + some really bad personal news + family things)). I'm genuinely amazed I haven't given myself diabetes considering certain eating habits I fall back in to!

Great to hear! As for the rest of you lazy fudgers.........

I don't want to pry, when you mention going cold turkey on the raging sugar addiction what is the reasoning? I only ask as that's where my diet really falls down, it's so very easy to fall in to a binge and as I've quit everything else it's the main and only go to vice. I feel that my day to day diet has probably too much naturally occurring sugars in it anyways ie Through a usual day I'd have pineapple /apricots in my lunch salad + a greek yoghurt with dried fruit + occasionally have honey with weetabix + a protein shake following muscle training....Even things like a handful of frozen berries I throw in to my overnight oats. So this is before I have any "slips" (which I've been doing very well at avoiding up until the last two days which I blame on cabin fever + some really bad personal news + family things)). I'm genuinely amazed I haven't given myself diabetes considering certain eating habits I fall back in to!
Sorry to hear you’ve had some bad news mate. Hope all is ok.

Sugar wise, what you’ve written about yourself is 99% identical to me really.
I’ve relatively easily lost each vice - alcohol, drugs, cam girls, etc... Chocolate just keeps getting me.
I don’t even enjoy the taste that much. I know it’s an embedded addiction based on what they put into it to make it addictive, but after 40+ years of habitual munching it’s hard to crack. Triggers are the same as you really - work stress, bad mood, tiredness. The fudgers do it on purpose to do this to us.
I will beat it, I just need a clear line of sight to focus on how and when!

Sorry to hear you’ve had some bad news mate. Hope all is ok.

Sugar wise, what you’ve written about yourself is 99% identical to me really.
I’ve relatively easily lost each vice - alcohol, drugs, clam girls, etc... Chocolate just keeps getting me.
I don’t even enjoy the taste that much. I know it’s an embedded addiction based on what they put into it to make it addictive, but after 40+ years of habitual munching it’s hard to crack. Triggers are the same as you really - work stress, bad mood, tiredness. The fudgers do it on purpose to do this to us.
I will beat it, I just need a clear line of sight to focus on how and when!

Cheers Jon. One situation isn't gonna change and is crushingly sad but the other going as well as it could be.

I'd say we can beat this together but it'd be a hollow gesture considering the day I've had!!! If I wrote down on here what I've consumed I'm pretty sure people would be rightfully disgusted :eek:

I believe that I've been in caloric deficit for a while which was needed but once I realise that I have a good excuse internally to let loose when I need to be disciplined. Like many, being inside + wfh means trips to the kitchen starting to happen out of habit rather than necessity.

Will have a look at that yoga site thing @AuroRaman I've avoided yoga since I had a class at the gym where I was trialing, the instructor said I was "pretty flexible for a big guy" in a definitely flirtatious way. Just a shame it was a balding bloke rather than one of them very sensuous connected and at peace with everything yoga pixie instructors and it put me off a bit..

Back