• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Anyone watch Masvidal v Diaz? Masvidal was pretty much in control for the first three rounds but Nate is a fudging beast. I believe him when he said he was just gearing up to start getting to it in the final two rounds, he has form for that.

Shame the doctor stopped the fight but those cuts were pretty deep. Enjoyed seeing the respect between the two fighters and Masvidal was as disappointed as Nate despite the TKO. Looking forward to this rematch.

Anyone watch Masvidal v Diaz? Masvidal was pretty much in control for the first three rounds but Nate is a fudging beast. I believe him when he said he was just gearing up to start getting to it in the final two rounds, he has form for that.

Shame the doctor stopped the fight but those cuts were pretty deep. Enjoyed seeing the respect between the two fighters and Masvidal was as disappointed as Nate despite the TKO. Looking forward to this rematch.

It was actually an excellent UFC card, been a long time since they had such a stacked line-up and fights that good. Did you see that the MGM where the Canelo Kovalev fight was stopped to show the Masvidal Diaz fight on the big screens!

Diaz is tough f***er but I didn't think there was any way back for him (although you never really know). Masvidal was well on top and those cuts would have only gotten worse. I don't think he was troubling Masvidal all that much, Which was shocking because I thought it would have been a closer fight. I was impressed with Masvidals performance.

The Kevin Lee fight was the highlight for me. Glad Darren Till got back on track too.

It was actually an excellent UFC card, been a long time since they had such a stacked line-up and fights that good. Did you see that the MGM where the Canelo Kovalev fight was stopped to show the Masvidal Diaz fight on the big screens!

Diaz is tough f***er but I didn't think there was any way back for him (although you never really know). Masvidal was well on top and those cuts would have only gotten worse. I don't think he was troubling Masvidal all that much, Which was shocking because I thought it would have been a closer fight. I was impressed with Masvidals performance.

The Kevin Lee fight was the highlight for me. Glad Darren Till got back on track too.

Yep really strong card. Saw that about the Canelo fight, lot of boxing fans weren't happy as they felt it devalued boxing! I think it was always going to be the case though, something about TV and promoters etc?

Really impressed with Masvidal, he's on a deserved crest of a wave right now. Dominant and technically a superb fighter. At the end of the third round I was confused by his demeanour though, was he holding his hands to his head because he was gassed out, couldn't believe how Nate was still in it or I'm reading too much into it?

I think there was an agreement that the two main events wouldn't be allowed to clash, therefore Canelo and Kovalev had to wait before going on.

Canelo really is an absolute beast btw - he looked so much stronger and more powerful than Kovalev, who is a fully fledged light-heavy known for his power...

I actually had Kovalev 2 rounds ahead going into the 11th. I didn't see the knockout coming, even though Kovalev was always going to slow down the later it got. I expected Canelo to take the last two and thereby I'd have scored it a draw - but it never got that far. No surprises the judges had Canelo up, though.

This weekend we have Wilder Vs Ortiz 2, Callum Smith Vs Ryder, Nery Vs Rodriguez and Santa Cruz Vs Flores.

I think fight of the weekend though, will be Figueroa Vs Ceja.

Another defence for Wilder last night.

Also Ryder robbed against Callum Smith.

Think I was right about the Figueroa Vs Ceja fight.

Massive sympathy for Ortiz, a mile ahead & in total control. I'd just started to worry over the previous round or so that he might be getting slightly carried away and taking unnecessary chances, leaving himself open. Goes to show it's pretty much impossible to nullify Wilder, no matter how much you're outclassing him (and Ortiz has done it twice, along with Fury), he always has that in the locker.

Massive sympathy for Ortiz, a mile ahead & in total control. I'd just started to worry over the previous round or so that he might be getting slightly carried away and taking unnecessary chances, leaving himself open. Goes to show it's pretty much impossible to nullify Wilder, no matter how much you're outclassing him (and Ortiz has done it twice, along with Fury), he always has that in the locker.
"These guys have gotta be perfect for 12 rounds. I only have to be perfect for two seconds. And in the blink of an eye, ‘Bam, baby! Good night.'" - Wilder said this before last night and so it proved.

I notice that the adverts for Joshua v Ruiz 2 are up and the price is now £24.95 from £19.95
and they wonder why people stream everything these days

I definitely won't be watching it, pay per view is generally a rip off. I used to pay for some of the big Hatton fights etc when I was younger but now I'm an old man I'd rather go to bed early and watch it over breakfast on youtube for free.

Feels like it's been a much lower key build up this time, most people giving Joshua the edge if he can box smart at range using the jab which I agree with - just needs to avoid getting sucked in.

I definitely won't be watching it, pay per view is generally a rip off. I used to pay for some of the big Hatton fights etc when I was younger but now I'm an old man I'd rather go to bed early and watch it over breakfast on youtube for free.

Feels like it's been a much lower key build up this time, most people giving Joshua the edge if he can box smart at range using the jab which I agree with - just needs to avoid getting sucked in.

I won't be watching either. I expect Joshua to win one way or another, though I don't think he's made it any easier for himself the way he's run his mouth since the first fight. I had similar thoughts about David Haye pre-Bellew I - only increases the pressure for him to back it up, to say nothing of the lack of class it suggests.

Last edited:
I won't be watching either. I expect Joshua to win one way or another, though I don't think he's made it any easier for himself the way he's run his mouth since the first fight. I had similar thoughts about David Haye pre-Bellew I - only increases the pressure for him to back it up, to say nothing of the lack of class it suggests.
What’s Joshua said? I thought it had all been very amicable, but maybe I missed some quotes?

What’s Joshua said? I thought it had all been very amicable, but maybe I missed some quotes?

I was referring to that interview broadcast on sky a couple of months ago, where he said Ruiz wasn't that skillful, beat him with a lucky punch etc. Basically came across like a spoilt brat IMO.

I was referring to that interview broadcast on sky a couple of months ago, where he said Ruiz wasn't that skillful, beat him with a lucky punch etc. Basically came across like a spoilt brat IMO.
Ah ok, i didn’t see it.

I reckon Joshua would have been better off if he’d stayed down and lost from the initial punch that caught and concussed him, everyone could have written it off as a lucky punch like when Tyson lost to Douglas or Lewis vs McCall and Rahmann. As he tried to carry on it made the whole night a lot worse / embarrassing for him.

Ah ok, i didn’t see it.

I reckon Joshua would have been better off if he’d stayed down and lost from the initial punch that caught and concussed him, everyone could have written it off as a lucky punch like when Tyson lost to Douglas or Lewis vs McCall and Rahmann. As he tried to carry on it made the whole night a lot worse / embarrassing for him.

Yeah I can see where you're coming from with that. FWIW I think he'll win the rematch (did I hear it correctly earlier, that Ruiz has come in at over 20 stone?), but his attitude won't have made the task any easier or won him any new fans IMO.

Back