• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

3 stone is a big difference. A 5 year old. Unfortunately a bunch of that is love handles, rather than muscle.

Here is the full Wilder vs Fury undercard (correct at time of writing):

Jarrett Hurd vs Jason Welborn* - IBF/WBA/IBO super welterweight titles

Mark Anthony Barriga vs Carlos Licona* - vacant IBF minimumweight title

Luis Ortiz vs Travis Kauffman*

Joe Joyce vs Joe Hanks*

Isaac Lowe vs Lucas Rafael Baez

Chris Arreola vs Maurenzo Smith

Roberto Guerrero vs Adam Mate

Alfredo Angulo vs Fernando Castaneda

Julian Williams vs Francisco Castro

Marsellos Wilder vs David Damore

Jesse Rodriguez vs Alex Aragon

*fights televised on BT Sport Box Office

Was a good fight, I don't think it was a draw though, I thought Fury won it. It was what most thought it would be, Fury the better boxer but Wilder always dangerous at any time with his punching power. I don't know how Fury got up from the 2nd knockdown, I thought it was over. But he showed a lot of heart and imo won the fight.

Missed it, my alarm didn’t go off, everybody on BBC apart from Wilder seems to think Fury won and was good value for it, the rematch will have to take place

Haven't seen the fight but sounds like Fury did superbly, all credit to him.

Funnily enough the chance of a flimflam decision crossed my mind just yesterday when I thought back to the judges cards in the Wilder/Ortiz fight (and, less so, Joshua/Klitschko). Shame.

Yep. Pauli in the analysis after the fight said that the Mexican judge should never work another day in boxing. And there's no way Wilder won the first 4 rounds. If you were generous, you'd say he won two of them at the most. But the Mexican judge has basically put random scores on his card. The knock-downs made it a closer fight, but Fury should have been given the decision. But this is boxing and it probably adds a few million quid to the take of the re-match.

It was a good fight though. The top heavyweights at the minute all have their own vulnerabilities which make the fights interesting. It sounds strange to say considering he got knocked down twice, but Fury was really good defensively for the most part, Wilder couldn't lay a glove on him a lot of the time. But Wilder just has that awesome power where he can turn someone's lights out in an instant. How Fury got up from the 2nd knockdown, I will never know, I thought he was gone. He got up and then fought back with about 1.40 left in the round. Considering all his issues, how long he was out, weight gain etc. it was a terrific performance from Fury.

Just wondering from watching clips of the interviews/conferences if this might actually push Wilder into taking the Joshua fight next. He now knows Fury could well easily take his belt in a rematch, which would see his one huge payday evaporate. For me he 'owes' Fury the rematch next, but will it happen...?

Just wondering from watching clips of the interviews/conferences if this might actually push Wilder into taking the Joshua fight next. He now knows Fury could well easily take his belt in a rematch, which would see his one huge payday evaporate. For me he 'owes' Fury the rematch next, but will it happen...?

I think a re-match in the UK could be a massive payday for the both of them. There is apparently a re-match clause.

There has to be a rematch when it's that close, both of them will want it and both will fancy their chances. Fury with more training and fights should naturally improve after being out for so long and Wilder will feel he can spark him out properly this time. Interest will be massive as well.

Joshua is fighting in April anyway and neither of them could make that date so I'm 99% sure a rematch will happen.

Arguably AJ needs them bigtime as there's not really anyone else around for him to face.

I don't see it happening tbh - as mentioned above I believe the only contractual agreement on a rematch was if Fury won and Wilder when asked even said himself he might take another fight. Maybe he goes to the UK now to have a shoot-out with AJ for the cash.

Fury outboxed him and won the fight, WBC protecting Wilder again? who knows but that scoring just isn't right, it felt like the first Lewis vs. Holyfield fight. Fury has the room to improve, take away his sloppiness that allowed Wilder to knock him down and make the next fight, if it happens a lot more like the Wlad fight, that's how I see it going, Wilder hit him with the shots that win him fights and he bloody got up, somehow.

Last edited:
I don't see it happening tbh - as mentioned above I believe the only contractual agreement on a rematch was if Fury won and Wilder when asked even said himself he might take another fight. Maybe he goes to the UK now to have a shoot-out with AJ for the cash.

Yeah that was pretty much my thinking. Wilder knows now that there's a very real chance of him losing it all in a Fury rematch. Take the Fury rematch and he's putting his Joshua payday right in the balance. In my opinion, that's a big change in mindset for Wilder - before this fight he was saying Fury wasn't even his toughest opponent. He'll be thinking differently today, and that might well see him prefer a different route going forward.

It was a really interesting fight to watch. Fury could have fought a much more cautious last round, avoided the knock down and probably got the decision - although maybe it would have been a majority draw on the cards still. But that just isn't his style. I was surprised he didn't do more tying up and leaning -but he mostly fought in and out close up.

Fury deserved the fight for outboxing Wilder and then getting back up in and even more miraculous than Buster Douglas style. No wonder Fury believes in GHod - how he ever got up from that knockdown I will never know.

As for the rematch. I don't think it will happen anytime soon. I'm not sure Fury could motivate himself sufficiently for the rematch - as opposed to an AJ fight, for example. Also, I think a rematch would favour Wilder. Having been in with Fury I think Wilder would find Fury less confusing, and as it was he put him on the floor twice. Whereas, I'm not sure Fury could knock out Wilder without getting caught, and even with less ring rust I still don't see him avoiding a knockdown punch for 12 rounds, unless he restrains his natural instinct to taunt/engage which he won't. Both will be after an AJ fight and Wilder will probably get one.

Back