• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

I heard he was back in training for fighting, would be a mistake if you ask me

I think he maintains pretty stringent ongoing training as routine - if so, this wouldn't necessarily indicate comeback plans. Have you heard something more specific?

Personally, I think if there is a realistic comeback out there for him, it would be Fury. Obviously though it would be depend on a number of things, with the outcome on 1st December and whether there is any kind of workable relationship to be salvaged after the multiple cancellations last time being the big ones.

Hard one to call really, not seen much of Wilder but obviously punches hard and Fury has been down before. Difficult to know what sort of condition Fury is in, I think it's 1 or 2 fights too soon given his layoff and weight issues. I'll back him though but worry he might get gassed and catch a big punch late on.

Hard one to call really, not seen much of Wilder but obviously punches hard and Fury has been down before. Difficult to know what sort of condition Fury is in, I think it's 1 or 2 fights too soon given his layoff and weight issues. I'll back him though but worry he might get gassed and catch a big punch late on.

I'm sticking with Wilder by knock out. I'd love Fury to turn in a boxing masterclass and prove me wrong, but I honestly don't buy in to his hype (yet). His aura is based on one spoiling performance against a massively out-of-sorts Klitschko. He might well frustrate Wilder for a few rounds but Wilder will be much, much more aggressive than Klitschko was and I think he'll catch up with him at some point, much the same as he did Ortiz. I don't entirely rule out Fury pulling it off, Wilder is limited afterall and if Fury can avoid his punches I can see the case for a wide points win. I still think the greater probability lies with the Wilder knock out though.

Surprised to see people wanting Fury to do anything here. I don't like seeing boxers hurt but I'd love to see Fury get a life changing injury.

To outdo Mayweather in terms of being a clam is a fairly spectacular achievement.

Surprised to see people wanting Fury to do anything here. I don't like seeing boxers hurt but I'd love to see Fury get a life changing injury.

To outdo Mayweather in terms of being a clam is a fairly spectacular achievement.

Speaking for myself it's not personal support as such (though I do respect his efforts in coming back from where he ended up), more that I think a Fury win (in which he looks good) is the best outcome for the overall heavyweight picture.

I personally suspect that Fury is completely overhyped and will sooner or later get flattened & exposed, quite possibly on Saturday. But if I'm wrong and he does turn out to be this master-boxer that some claim him to be, that makes future contests (Joshua, Wilder again etc.) much more interesting. Wilder will still be a dangerous opponent for Joshua/ A.N. Other even if Fury does box rings round him for 12 rounds. The same won't apply to Fury if he ends up on his back in the 2nd.

That, and I usually instinctively side with the boxer in boxer vs. puncher fights...

I'm sticking with Wilder by knock out. I'd love Fury to turn in a boxing masterclass and prove me wrong, but I honestly don't buy in to his hype (yet). His aura is based on one spoiling performance against a massively out-of-sorts Klitschko. He might well frustrate Wilder for a few rounds but Wilder will be much, much more aggressive than Klitschko was and I think he'll catch up with him at some point, much the same as he did Ortiz. I don't entirely rule out Fury pulling it off, Wilder is limited afterall and if Fury can avoid his punches I can see the case for a wide points win. I still think the greater probability lies with the Wilder knock out though.

I think your post sums up why this fight is an interesting one. Just a shame it's in America at silly-o-clock in the morning. Fury to win via TKO.

If Fury avoids the Wilder bomb he could easily win on points (looks far more skilful than Wilder).

If Wilder connects...it's a KO for Fury.

Really can't see anything outside those margins.

Fury's a decent enough boxer, but then Wilder isn't that bad a boxer either. He might look disorganised when finishing fights, but he was a successful amateur, and he's quite capable of fighting his way into a fight and choosing the right time to come in swinging.

If it was in the UK I'd give Fury a chance, because they would make sure they had a big ring. In the US it will be a small ring and I think Wilder will get to him at some point.

PS I think both beat Joshua - for Fury I think it would be an easier fight than the Wilder fight and he would outpoint him, Wilder would be closer but I still think Wilder is too fluid/quick for Joshua.

Last edited:
Talking about a Klitschko v Joshua rematch, please no

I'm not sure if Eddie would be interested in another Klitschko v AJ fight. Whyte/Usyk more likely.
Klitschko would still be dangerous (I'm sure AJ hasn't forgotten round 6) and there wouldn't be much to gain strategically. I wouldn't mind seeing it, although inactivity and lack of stamina suggests a similar result is likely.

I'm not sure if Eddie would be interested in another Klitschko v AJ fight. Whyte/Usyk more likely.
Klitschko would still be dangerous (I'm sure AJ hasn't forgotten round 6) and there wouldn't be much to gain strategically. I wouldn't mind seeing it, although inactivity and lack of stamina suggests a similar result is likely.

Don't agree at all with this. I think Hearn would snap Wlad's hand off for another go. I think they'd feel that AJ has got his number after getting out of jail last time, with Klitschko another two years older and out of action. And sadly, I think they'd probably be right.

I find Deontays rants now slightly off piste, I know he feels like black America has had it though and they have, but you can't just crap on the Fury recovery story because of that.

Back